Geronimo553

3000 steps condensed into one simple performance guide

Posted (edited)

Good info, great tips Geronimo. My outdated R7 360 GPU all of a sudden doesn't stutter any more.  But someday i'ii get a card that can show when one needs to cut the grass, and maybe shoot a lawnmower or two.

PS read somewhere that GTX 1080 ti GPU cards are not suited for MBs of some newer type. Also:

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3065747/nvidia-might-be-killing-off-its-geforce-gtx-1080-ti

The replacement seems built of lesser quality and durability:

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3065361/nvidias-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-cards-are-reportedly-failing-in-high-numbers

Edited by jollyjack

I was banned because my reshade was an old version(1.1). Now i've installed the new version and it run without problem in the servers, but I would to know if is possible to play without antialiasing checked in the game options, in order to get better performance. I tried to uncheck it, but the game crash when i try to play in a session or a quicky mission. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Posted (edited)

You do not need antialiasing 2x enabled to use Reshade that is completely false sorry.
I have been using reshade on IL2 for last 3 years without Anti Aliasing.

If you do need it then its a Bug with Windows 10 or some administrator rights issue or maybe you are using that trashy Geforce Experience it breaks everything.

I recommend Reshade 3.0.8.183 
Works with Windows 7.
Works with windows 10. 
Works with IL2 Flawlessly without Anti A 

Like for all Games last couple years. 
You MUST Setup an Nvidia Profile Specifically for IL2.exe and Set Correct Settings.
Having the wrong things forced in here can and will crash RESHADE! 

Note:
- Reshade can conflict with other Game Overlay like Steam Overlay , Teamspeak Overlay, Geforce Experience Overlay. 
- For SMAA to work Best it should be Ordered to Last Item in list always (so its the last shader processed after all others)

Edit: 
1 - Run Game and Turn off Anti A, HDR & Close Game.
(if you want to use fake HDR Then reshade has faster / better shader) 
2 - Install Reshade 3.0.8.183 (select Dx10+)
3 - Only Install shaders Needed Not all of them (so like SMAA, ToneMap, Vibrance, Clarity
4 - Run the Game Offline, Follow the reshade Tutorial and Set it up. 
5 - Re-run the Game in Online Mode and Have Fun. 

Edit: Attached Install for Reshade 3.0.8 as some people having trouble finding it. 
ReShade Setup v3.0.8.zip

Edited by =TBAS=Sschatten14
  • Upvote 1

I want to say that this post completely changed the game for me. I went from not being able to spot for shit, to a level of proficiancy that i never thoight possible (with a modest fps boost to boot). Seriously, its like a brand new game. 

Just wanted to express my appreciation.

On 8/9/2019 at 8:32 AM, jollyjack said:

Good info, great tips Geronimo. My outdated R7 360 GPU all of a sudden doesn't stutter any more.  But someday i'ii get a card that can show when one needs to cut the grass, and maybe shoot a lawnmower or two.

PS read somewhere that GTX 1080 ti GPU cards are not suited for MBs of some newer type. Also:

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3065747/nvidia-might-be-killing-off-its-geforce-gtx-1080-ti

The replacement seems built of lesser quality and durability:

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3065361/nvidias-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-cards-are-reportedly-failing-in-high-numbers

The 1080ti will work on any PCI-E equipped motherboard. Not sure where you heard that.

• Thanks 1

Yep, but actually i think it's already getting outdated with more modern motherboards ... i was thinking of some RTX 2060 (?) to be ahead of: 'Aha, now i'll have to buy another GPU' too ....

6 hours ago, jollyjack said:

Yep, but actually i think it's already getting outdated with more modern motherboards ... i was thinking of some RTX 2060 (?) to be ahead of: 'Aha, now i'll have to buy another GPU' too ....

You are thinking wrong, the 1080ti blows the doors off the 2060... They all run on PCI-E 3.0 which isn't even saturated with the best graphics cards you can buy.

Thnx, i thought the 1080 ti was on the way out, as most shops selling them even don't have 'em any more it seems.

I think the aim is for the 2080 RTX to replace it, but i'll have to find out more, so many different trees grow in this forest .... any way they're mostly too long mostly for my computer housing

Edited by jollyjack

On 9/15/2019 at 10:36 PM, jollyjack said:

Thnx, i thought the 1080 ti was on the way out, as most shops selling them even don't have 'em any more it seems.

I think the aim is for the 2080 RTX to replace it, but i'll have to find out more, so many different trees grow in this forest .... any way they're mostly too long mostly for my computer housing

I mean they are not being manufactured anymore, but performance wise they are only beat by the 2080ti and slightly by the 2080/2080s.