Jester986

Help getting started

Hello,

Some friends from "another sim's" squadron and I recently picked up IL2 for a more coherent WW2 experience. But we're struggling to figure out multiplayer in IL2. We're used to being able to spend a few minutes slapping together a mission in the editor and then put it up and be able to respawn. We had someone who had a little more experience help us out with a co-op match but there didn't seem to be any ability to respawn? And that is limited to dogfight servers that apparently you have to request to put up a dedicated server? Are there any good youtube videos (i searched to no avail) explaining how to do it? We'd like to be able to  host our own flights, determine our realism settings, and edit the missions. Jumping into other people's servers always seems to leave something different than what we're looking for. I apologize if this is all basic stuff and appreciate any help.

-Jester

37 minutes ago, Jester986 said:

Hello,

Some friends from "another sim's" squadron and I recently picked up IL2 for a more coherent WW2 experience. But we're struggling to figure out multiplayer in IL2. We're used to being able to spend a few minutes slapping together a mission in the editor and then put it up and be able to respawn. We had someone who had a little more experience help us out with a co-op match but there didn't seem to be any ability to respawn? And that is limited to dogfight servers that apparently you have to request to put up a dedicated server? Are there any good youtube videos (i searched to no avail) explaining how to do it? We'd like to be able to  host our own flights, determine our realism settings, and edit the missions. Jumping into other people's servers always seems to leave something different than what we're looking for. I apologize if this is all basic stuff and appreciate any help.

-Jester

See the following in the IL-2 Sturmovik Mission Editor and Multiplayer Server Manual:

• "Create a Multiplayer Mission" on pg. 38
  • "Chapter 11: Running Multiplayer Missions" on pg. 167

There are more mission editor resources under "Game, Mission Editor, and Multiplayer Server Guides" in this post.

The editor manual was written before the co-op feature was implemented. To make co-op missions, see Create a Multiplayer Mission That Players Must Join at the Start.

Note: You cannot respawn in a co-op mission; you must wait for the next mission to start.

Here are a few co-op server settings (DServer or In-Game):

Coop Quorum

The minimum number of players required to start a cooperative mission.

Game Type

Cooperative   <--- This runs the mission in the Co-op screen
Dogfight

Lobby timer

The number of seconds after everyone clicks Ready before the mission starts

Edited by JimTM
  • Like 1