BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 58

Im on the West Coast of Australia and had 200+ pings but the game was fine, I actually shot your wing off Dave, you were asking afterwards what had happened, I tried to reply but I hadn't figured out how to use chat at the time, took a long range shot on you as you were in pursuit of a Lagg and must have got some lucky hits as your wing seperated.

Ha! I remember that hit. I was waiting for a perfect tracking shot when BOOM! At first I thought the wing had failed due to some earlier overstress. But when I realised I'd been bounced by a wildcard I suspected that the damage model may have had exploding magazines added. I just saw something flash up on chat for a millisecond before I was dropped to the map view where chat isn't available until you've served your "time".

I had a really good time all weekend. I have to say a whole new level above the already great fun I have playing RoF. I'm most grateful I can make full use of the vertical now - where most of my tricks are kept ;).

Are they planning on leaving it up for the week or is today's access just something specific?

I hope it's for the week, I need to practice my flying some more ;)

Yep. As I said, the servers are available not because we've forgotten to turn them off. :)

Thanks, thats great news!

It is good to see that the servers will be up. :biggrin: Multiplayer is tremendous fun. I am really enjoying the humbling process of learning how to evade and fight BF-109s with a full fuel LaGG-3. The LaGG-3 is a tremendously rewarding and capable ride, even if my hamfisted flying makes her seem otherwise, many times.  :happy: Thanks to the team for extending the access period through the week!  :)

:salute: MJ

I timed getting BoS perfectly then, I just bought it Friday and now they let me play it through the week, perfect timing!

Thanks for leaving the servers open, this will give me some good practice time.

Yep. As I said, the servers are available not because we've forgotten to turn them off. :)

Very good news...  :rolleyes:

Another thing was that the hits on planes were recognised sometimes very late - with delays of up to 5 seconds or even more (meaning that 5 seconds after I stoped shooting the enemy exploded or the first parts started flying off...)

This is actually an intended part of the damage modeling, it happens in single player missions too :-)

Edited by Calvamos

+1

Big news out of the blue :clapping:

thx Zak :dance:

I was wondering too... I just tested to fly one hour ago...and it worked!

Pleasant news!

Multiplayer - here I come!

The great thing about IL2 for me has been the ability to set up a server for a group of "old guys" like I am and play against bots as a team while swaping tales all night. Really look forward when we can do that with this game.

Was really laggy (and too few russians (give them yaks next time)) freeze lagged into ground once and got a total game freeze with the message attatched.

Same fault once ,two ctd and laggy in the early sessions but later sorties were good .

Edited by 6BLBirdDog

Had a ball last night, bagged a couple of 109's + two more probables. When trying to line up one particular 109 in my sights I was getting lags on my screen, where he shot forwards and backwards a few times before I got him. I don't recall seeing that before. I remember in the old IL2 days hearing that pressing the print key had the same effect and could be used to put pilots of their aim, though I don't know if that was just gossip.

I tried a few times to locate the German HQ and armour in the north west of the map. I was certain I was in the right place but couldn't see it. Is it actually there? Any chance of some recon photos? ;)