BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 58

are we waiting for update or smth ??

cant play :( new version available , please update your game :(

launcher doesnt update anything :(

Same here! Are the servers working by now? Now is 20:15 Moscow time!

Aritmetik !

This weekend and according the Developer Diary, Part 58, the four Transatlantic servers should be available for 72 hours limited access or 17,280 minutes of multiplayer rotations, and according to the forum member list, 4874 Founders have currently registered their(s) License Key(s).

Considering a fair time sharing   :rolleyes: of this limited term generously offered to the community, each Founder should be able to test this multiplayer early access for 3 minutes and 33 seconds. :ph34r: 

Edited by Rodolphe
  • Upvote 2

*Checking Game Version*

*Play*

*ENTER*

*#10005:Please update your game: New version available*

*Restart game*

*Checking Game Version*

*Play*

*ENTER*

*#10005:Please update your game: New version available*

Considering a fair time sharing   :rolleyes: of this limited term generously offered to the community, each Founder should be able to test this multiplayer early access for 3 minutes and 33 seconds. :ph34r: 

If I'm lucky and can I connect... Today , I will not disconnect until Monday.    :P

:joy:

:biggrin: 

If I'm lucky and can I connect... Today , I will not disconnect until Monday.    :P

:joy:

:biggrin: 

As most probably the first connected 256 elected gods players.!

Better have a plan B for this week-end.

;)

Edited by Rodolphe

This came on twitter a few mins ago on :

"watch your fire! decision for friendly fire in this mp session - all damage will be returned to the attacker"

I will hunt the poster below me (unless he is flying Luftwaffe). Salute sir and may the best man win!

While youre answering questions... Is there yet any rough timeframe as of when the permanent access with multiplayer will become available?

Thanks!

After we release quick mission builder for you. Not like "right after we release it" but at least that will be possible for us to do so when everyone has tools to entertain themselves. Well, we'll see but first things first. Let's just hope that MP goes well this time :)

• Upvote 1

Its moot after the round end the map rotates and everyone has fair game to connect to the server again. That might cause more problems than the 64 in the server at once lol.

• Upvote 1

You better have food and drink (and a bucket beneath your desk) because if you go idle you will be kicked! ;)

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  :sorry: 

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Am I the only one who thinks 4x64 players is not very much? I'm a little bit worried that there won't be room for all of us...

Remember, you are playing on the Lapino map and you are still testing the system, too. So, 32 v 32 on a small map should be stressing the game sufficiently. I think you will find, on, such a small map that furballs will ensue and the best defense, as it should be, will be tight formations. Teamwork, also as it should be, will be at a premium for survivability for both sides.

The air start should also be welcomed on the small map because the front bases are gonna be takin' a lickin'. On a small map vulchers would have the opportunity to work both friendly bases over. On a bigger map, I too will be opposed to airstarts. Later on in life most of the maps will be medium, large or............wait for it.......................HUGE.

Also, the small maps have short fields - excellent practice for your landings............probably in broken smoking aircraft.

Edited by A1FltTrn=HerrMurf

Co-op mode usage dropped off massively once the DF modes came out in Rise of Flight, so the lack of Co-op's popularity in RoF is probably why we won't see it on release.

But Co-op was very popular in IL2. 

But Co-op was very popular in IL2. 

What you don't understand is that dog mode in BoS will allow to do almost everything (and more) of what you did in IL2 coop mode, including team play, limited time start, fight agains AI, etc....

• Upvote 1

Will single player still be available for those who don't wish to play MP?  I thought if I had a chance to play I might try to figure out how to bomb.  I have had no luck so far.  the Stuka is especially strange - it doesn't release the bomb until after the pitch is nearly level so I have no idea if I am aiming correctly.

Would it not make more sense that you take off from the airfield further away from the battle area, and the airfield near the battle area is where you spawn at altitude?

No Coop? (well not planned for this year ....what that means knows everyone working in a bigger company...)

I am a fan of your work, but in that point you repeat the failure 1C & Shevchenko did on Clodo.

Coop is the mode, which made Il2 1946 that popular.

Coop is the mode to create great Wars with.

A simple MP mode , is just like Battlefield in Sky...nice to have for a quick bash, but nothing to keep me seriously motivated for years...

Pls reconsider the Coop mode.

Thumbs down for now, sry.

Edited by 1./JG42Nephris
  • Upvote 1

Out of curiosity, why isn't the Yak-1 offered in MP? I can understand the reasoning of wanting both teams to have the same number of available plane types, but the flying the LaGG-3 is going to make my arm fall off. :P

Out of curiosity, why isn't the Yak-1 offered in MP? I can understand the reasoning of wanting both teams to have the same number of available plane types, but the flying the LaGG-3 is going to make my arm fall off. :P

Was predictable, is still to well performing after freshly coming out of the box so needs plenty of work - compare 109 as it came out to now ... & 109 flyers need a breather LOL our time will come, be assured.
Edited by West

I think the only way now is to create co-op mode too. It can be exactly the same as dog fight, just put it there with different name and everyone will be happy... ;)

• Upvote 1

Anyone else having the problem that the Launcher doesnt detect that theres a new version?

It is the result what counts, nothing else matters.

If it works same - great. If not - bummer.

Edited by 1./JG42Nephris

Anyone else having the problem that the Launcher doesnt detect that theres a new version?

The servers will not be avaible until 20:00 PM GMT. After that, your game will update automatically!

Edited by =BLW=Ernst

It is the result what counts, nothing else matters.

If it works same - great. If not - bummer.

Satisfy your curiosity and take a look what the next "Bloody April" ROF version is about to bring - better yet, enrol :O)

I am going out of town to see my girlfriend for 10 days, no MP testing for me. :/

Enjoy the MP peeps and thanks for the sim devs.

MP mode is ok but the single mode is still avaible! I get No update and a request to update, strange?!

MP mode is ok but the single mode is still avaible! I get No update and a request to update, strange?!

No strange at all, wait untill 20:00 GMT.

Are the server up? already>?. I keep getting a 100005 error

Updated and running with no issues and SFX working!

Updated and running with no issues and SFX working!

BTW ... Game is at 44% 

Haha.. damn the MP slots filled up quick.. I'll watch a movie and try again.. else I'll practice crosswindlandings for a while :happy:

Yeah low fps and stutters. Also the 109 wabling rudder kill the play. Some lags also I got. Good start and see forward :)

seems there is no lack of intrest at least! :biggrin:

post-467-0-24662000-1395428893_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1