Hey guys. I am brand new to the game and thought it would be a treat with my new Rift S, but I cannot seem to get the view correct. It keeps putting me off the right side on the wing. Ive tried the recenter view key map but it just centers my view on the wing. Also, I am getting no Z axis movement. Its only rotational. Am I doing something wrong? Am I in the wrong view mode or something? Any help would be much appreciated. 

Damn I just can't get it. I don't see a VR Recenter but I did see a Default VR. Didn't fix it. Now it seems like its snapping in and out of the cockpit as I move my head. Heres a video of it. 

There are two different key binds:

• "Reset HMD" which is by default (I think) rcontrol + F12. This is the thing that centers your head position if you're halfway outside the cockpit or something.
  • "Save current corrections in head snap position" which I'm not sure of the default (I have rebound mine). This is the thing that changes where in the cockpit the view will be reset to when you push the other "Reset HMD" key. You can use this to make a small adjustment of the "default" position such as to the left or right or towards or away from the gunsight.

If you have confused these two (and I was very confused) then you may have accidentally saved some seating positions that are now wrong. To get rid of these and go back to the default sitting position, find the plane you're using in IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\LuaScripts\snapviews and delete the associated .svc file.

See also this thread: 

• Upvote 2
On 5/22/2019 at 6:37 PM, Alonzo_LW said:

There are two different key binds:

• "Reset HMD" which is by default (I think) rcontrol + F12. This is the thing that centers your head position if you're halfway outside the cockpit or something.
  • "Save current corrections in head snap position" which I'm not sure of the default (I have rebound mine). This is the thing that changes where in the cockpit the view will be reset to when you push the other "Reset HMD" key. You can use this to make a small adjustment of the "default" position such as to the left or right or towards or away from the gunsight.

Can you tell me where in key mappings to find “Reset HMD”?  I cannot find it. I see a default VR view in Pilot Head Controls. But that's all. 

1 minute ago, WWGriphos said:

Can you tell me where in key mappings to find “Reset HMD”?  I cannot find it. I see a default VR view in Pilot Head Controls. But that's all. 

Might be in the Service menu?

10 hours ago, WWGriphos said:

Under Pilot Head Control:

Default VR view (reset VR View)

VR Camera Zoom (press and hold for zoom).

• Thanks 1

I've got my VR re-center view bound to my left mouse click and the pause sim bound to my right mouse click. Found it really easy* to raise the VR headset slightly with the left hand once in the cockpit and look simultaneously at the screen and stick in order to get it exactly straight on by moving my head around SLIGHTLY at different angles and left mouse clicking to lock it in. Only takes a couple of seconds too. 

*easy as in before I got the Rift S with having now to wear headphones also in order to overcome the Rift S's "tin can and a string" sounding speaker system. Actually, that would be an improvement.

Edited by BornToBattle