Blitzen

Pimax 5K guys: :are you happy with it?

This is not a poll but may convince me on whether or not to take advantage of a 'Flash Sale' on Amazon this morning for the Pimax5K...

1.) Is it a big improvement image quality  ,SDE,& FoV wise to make it worthwhile?

2.) was it an easy install/did you have to do a lot of head scratching to get it to deliver on its potential?

3.) Do you have to upgrade to a 2080 graphics card ?

4.) Is it comfortable for say an hour at a time use.?

5.) If i remember correctly you need to buy earphones separately- have you found a set that works well with the Pimax?

6.0 With the RiftS, Reverb , Valve,and several others about to be released would you still buy the Pimax5K?

That's it.I think I'll take advantage of the Amazon offer , unless i hear from a few of you in he next hour or so...I can always cancel,or return it....Thanks!

b98227422f77b92d73515c18be6bd5f2--retro-futurism-vintage-toys.jpg

1.) For me, coming from a CV1 Rift, the SDE is definitely an improvement but not a massive one; the FOV however is a pretty massive improvement over the Rift.

2.) If it's not your first VR headset, you shouldn't have too much trouble with set up. Base stations aren't available from Pimax yet, so without those it's 3dof only.

3.) I have an overclocked 1080ti and performance is acceptable. With anything less than a 1080ti, it might not be worth it.

4.) The stock headstrap is subpar, and was not comfortable for long periods until I put a small counterweight on the back of the headstrap. Now I can use it for hours. Also, the stock face foam is much too thin for most people (some people's eyelashes touch the lenses) and causes distortion so a thicker one is absolutely essential IMO.

5.) I'm using my wife's iPhone earbuds which work great for me.

6.) The only one of those other headsets that sounds tempting to me is the Reverb because of the (possibly) big improvement in resolution. Other than that the huge FOV of the Pimax wins out... in flight sims the increase in situational awareness from the better peripheral vision can't be underestimated.  IMO it needs some tweaking to reach it's full potential, but to me it's worth it. I just can't go back to looking through binoculars.

Posted (edited)

1. Overall, yes it's a big improvement in image quality over the CV1. The lenses are clearer, godrays are less pronounced. Resolution however was a disappointment for me, not much better than the Rift. Note however that resolution is not all, lenses are important too and on that point I think the 5k delivers.

2. Installation went smoothly for me. Just remember to enable parallel projections, smart smoothing. The confusing thing with PiTool is the quality setting, as it combines with the supersampling in SteamVR. Set quality to 1 and then use SteamVR to adjust per game. I advise to use at vertical resolution of at least 2300 lines. I can see improvements in the gauges clarity all the way up to 3000, but there's a cost in FPS.

3. It will likely run with less, IL-2 is surprisingly light on the GPU. But to run at a resolution that takes advantage of the 1440 lines of the screen, I'd say you'd better have a 2080

4. Comfort depends a lot on the shape of your face. I have a big nose with a big bony nose bridge, with an IPD of 64.5mm. My nose bridge does not fit in the headset. To counter that you can use extra padding (I use pairs of velcro strips between the HMD and the cushion to add 5mm), which in turn requires a counterweight at the back of the head. With that comes a certain amount of distortion. An alternative method is to adjust the position of the lenses to leave enough room for the nose bridge, and use PiTool to reduce the IPD in software. Works OK, but the sweet spot of the lenses will not be properly aligned with your eyes. Not actually a big issue as the clarity drop-off is not very big, but if you're a perfectionist it will annoy you. The face pad that comes with the HMD smells horribly. I could not stand the chemical stench, it left a nasty burning sensation in my throat, even after weeks after opening the box. I ordered a custom face pad (originally for the Vive) from VRCover, and I'm happy with it.

5. I'm using the headset that I was using before I had a VR HMD. Great sound, fits over the headstrap. I'm using the sound output from my PC, the one from the headset is known to break easily

6. I haven't tried any of these headsets, so I can't say. I think the wide FOV is a pretty big deal. No need for a 180deg FOV, 140 is IMO enough. The 90-110 of these other headsets won't cut it. Maybe the Index with its advertised 30 extra achievable degrees over the Vive would be enough.

Regarding returns, beware, PiMax' lack of responsiveness regarding returns is a big warning sign. Also note you'll need to get hold of lighthouse. Without that you're stuck with 3dof, and not a very good one. There's a lot of drift. I don't recommend it. Don't order lighthouses or the controllers from PiMax, they don't have them yet, and it's unclear when they'll become available.

I would advise to wait and see what the Index has to offer, if you can wait. I think the 5k has too many rough edges for me to recommend it. I do not recommend not to get it either. Some owners seem very pleased with it, personally I like what they are doing and I want to support them, but what they have now still needs refining.

Edited by coconut

I bought it thru Amazon...they generally are pretty good about returns.BTW Just installed the Rift S today...not perfect but a good step or three past the original- comfortable too...

My late feedback:

1) The image is much clearer thanks to the LCD panels (with three RGB subpixels per pixel) and the lenses. The FOV is extraordinary, too much in my opinion. The Normal FOV is quite enough. It would be better to have a device with only 160º Deg and not more, so pixels are not wasted in the periferia. At the end, the resolution at the center is not as nice as it could be, but superior to the Rift in any case (look images below). It seems there will be a true 8K XR in the future, so this might solve this issue.

2) installation was pretty straightforward. My initial problems were only due to not separate the lighthouse enough. Be sure to put the basestation at 2 meter and have not reflections. The support I got from the Pimax guy was very fast, on daily basis, they logged in my PC and tested many things, but the real problem was some reflections ona picture I had on the wall.

3) I think a 1080Ti is enough. The 2080 will not give you more power but will allow Fixed Foveated Rendering (FFR) which is a feature only for RTX cards. I hope in future they will allow also FFR for 1080Ti. The delta power you can get from a 2080Ti, having a 1080Ti, is hardly justified, but the FFR could be worth. So, for some one who has not a card the 2080 is a good option.

4) I used it for 2 hours periods with no problem at all except for the headphones I am using on top of the straps. They press the top of my head a bit. Also I am using a different face cushion from the original, which is too thin. When you will get your Pimax you will quickly realize than seperating the headset a bit and playing different up/down position you get a much clearer image and no distortion on the edges. Look at the tips in the links below.

5) I think any headphone will work OK here. I tried some quality Denon in-ear phoner that I use when traveling to listen classical music, but they have not the bass as great as the other large over-ear headphones. But I was very happy with the Rift CV1 audio, so I miss that simplicity.

6) The Pimax is not 100% perfect. I have pre-ordered the Index and probably will try the Reverb. The Rift S is totally out of question, not only to punish Facebook for constraining Oculus, but for not buying a device which is not adding any big improvement over the Rift CV1, or even adding a de-provement like the audio.

For the Pimax having a basestation is a must. One is enough. There plenty (v1.0) in ebay and they work great for me.

Some additional info:

MAIN THREAD:

First arrival:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/31215-pimax-8k-5k-vr-headsets-coming-to-kickstarter-this-month/?do=findComment&comment=715069

First problems:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/31215-pimax-8k-5k-vr-headsets-coming-to-kickstarter-this-month/?do=findComment&comment=716111

First solutions thanks to Pimax support team:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/31215-pimax-8k-5k-vr-headsets-coming-to-kickstarter-this-month/?do=findComment&comment=716956

New face mask:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/31215-pimax-8k-5k-vr-headsets-coming-to-kickstarter-this-month/?do=findComment&comment=719474

new problems:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/31215-pimax-8k-5k-vr-headsets-coming-to-kickstarter-this-month/?do=findComment&comment=720798

new solutions:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/31215-pimax-8k-5k-vr-headsets-coming-to-kickstarter-this-month/?do=findComment&comment=721207

PICTURE QUALITY THREAD:

Some experiments with pictures with RQ and SS:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/42316-pimax-5k-rendering-quality-and-ss-for-spot-and-id-sample-pictures/

PIMAX vs RIFT THREAD:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/42343-pimax5k-vs-oculus-rift-spot-id-gauges-through-lens/

BENCHMARK THREAD:

Some testing with benchmark and different SS:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/29322-measuring-rig-performance-common-baseline-for-il-2-v3010/page/26/

That was great to read guys. I am still on the fence about which VR to buy. Thanks for your reviews !

Posted (edited)

Satisfied yes because of wide field of view 5kplus  but coming from the rift not so comfortable to wear instead of vive deluxe head strap

Edited by II/JG11ATLAN

Why not check out the Pimax 8K as well?

FOV is great but on mid level hardware you will not want to use the Large FOV.  Normal is quite good though but having that extra 20 degrees FOV really is nice.

Will be looking at the 8K-X when they get it out there.  LIke my 8K but feel there would be better clarity with the full 4k per eye res not upscaled 1440p res the 8K has.  Also hope they will use better panels on the 8K-X compared to the 8K but I understand the limitations 4K panels at the time would have had with greater than 60Hz operating frequency.  Not to mention the 1 cable issue with 4K per eye bandwidth limitations.  Hoping late this year or 1st half next year for these issues to be solved.😀

I fly IL2/DCS daily using my Pimax5K+ from 1 to 3 hours and thoroughly enjoy it.   

I started VR with the Rift CV1 and it did a really good job for a long time but gave it up permanently for the Pimax 5K+.

The clarity of the 5K+ is so much-much better than the original Rift, the normal Field of View (FOV) makes for a realistic flight immersion.

I had to try several setups to get my views and performance to my satisfaction, setting the IPD manually and with Pitool Beta to find your sweet spot can be troublesome. 

Setup was more difficult than with the Rift but the rewards are also much greater than I ever expected.

My rig is i7-7700K, 32 GB, GTX 1080TI, Water Cooled, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, MFG Crosswind Pedals, One HTC Vive Lighthouse, Pitool Beta

I am very happy with the Pimax 5K+, when I was setting up and had a confusion issue I contacted Pimax support and always received fast and accurate responses,

they also followed up with me each time to make sure that everything was operating satisfactorily.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, fiddlinjim said:

I fly IL2/DCS daily using my Pimax5K+ from 1 to 3 hours and thoroughly enjoy it.   

I started VR with the Rift CV1 and it did a really good job for a long time but gave it up permanently for the Pimax 5K+.

The clarity of the 5K+ is so much-much better than the original Rift, the normal Field of View (FOV) makes for a realistic flight immersion.

I had to try several setups to get my views and performance to my satisfaction, setting the IPD manually and with Pitool Beta to find your sweet spot can be troublesome. 

Setup was more difficult than with the Rift but the rewards are also much greater than I ever expected.

My rig is i7-7700K, 32 GB, GTX 1080TI, Water Cooled, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, MFG Crosswind Pedals, One HTC Vive Lighthouse, Pitool Beta

I am very happy with the Pimax 5K+, when I was setting up and had a confusion issue I contacted Pimax support and always received fast and accurate responses,

they also followed up with me each time to make sure that everything was operating satisfactorily.

I have nearly the same system what are yr settings il2 in game pitool and steam you can also pm me if you want thx

Edited by II/JG11ATLAN

On 5/21/2019 at 11:24 AM, Jocko said:

1.) For me, coming from a CV1 Rift, the SDE is definitely an improvement but not a massive one; the FOV however is a pretty massive improvement over the Rift.

2.) If it's not your first VR headset, you shouldn't have too much trouble with set up. Base stations aren't available from Pimax yet, so without those it's 3dof only.

3.) I have an overclocked 1080ti and performance is acceptable. With anything less than a 1080ti, it might not be worth it.

4.) The stock headstrap is subpar, and was not comfortable for long periods until I put a small counterweight on the back of the headstrap. Now I can use it for hours. Also, the stock face foam is much too thin for most people (some people's eyelashes touch the lenses) and causes distortion so a thicker one is absolutely essential IMO.

6.) The only one of those other headsets that sounds tempting to me is the Reverb because of the (possibly) big improvement in resolution. Other than that the huge FOV of the Pimax wins out... in flight sims the increase in situational awareness from the better peripheral vision can't be underestimated.  IMO it needs some tweaking to reach it's full potential, but to me it's worth it. I just can't go back to looking through binoculars.

I'm curious about the counterweight you mention in #4.Can you furnish a picture & perhaps details? Thx!

Posted (edited)

I find it very hard to decide between the HP Reverb (coming out soon) and a Pimax 5K+ (edited, 5k XR ruled out)...  wonder what gives a better picture and immersion, the wider FOV with an allegedly giant sweet spot, or a higher resolution with a medium sweet spot and narrower FOV.

My neck could answer that story easily. But my eyes are 20/20, and they'd complain as well. Tough choice.

What I cannot understand is people ordering the Index (no offence, if anyone is here). That thing has neither high resolution nor a FOV comparable to a Pimax. And the Index Controllers (any Lighthouse Controllers) can get run with the Odysseys, Reverbs, Pimaxes (anything but Oculus HMDs) as well.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Pimaxx5K to arrive on Tuesday & I'll be able to compare it to the Oculus S.Any last tips about setup guys?

9 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Any last tips about setup guys?

Did you got a basestation?

If not, I would highly recommend you to get one from ebay.

Also be ready to buy a thicker new face mask shown in link above.

What system specs do you have?

10 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Pimaxx5K to arrive on Tuesday & I'll be able to compare it to the Oculus S.Any last tips about setup guys?

I'm eager to see which device you like the most. Be sure to give some time to the PiMax5k, it can be tricky to set it up so that's it comfortable. Many tips to give, but I think it's better to answer specific concerns, as everybody's hardware and face varies quite a bit.

On 5/21/2019 at 12:29 PM, coconut said:

1. Overall, yes it's a big improvement in image quality over the CV1. The lenses are clearer, godrays are less pronounced. Resolution however was a disappointment for me, not much better than the Rift. Note however that resolution is not all, lenses are important too and on that point I think the 5k delivers.

2. Installation went smoothly for me. Just remember to enable parallel projections, smart smoothing. The confusing thing with PiTool is the quality setting, as it combines with the supersampling in SteamVR. Set quality to 1 and then use SteamVR to adjust per game. I advise to use at vertical resolution of at least 2300 lines. I can see improvements in the gauges clarity all the way up to 3000, but there's a cost in FPS.

3. It will likely run with less, IL-2 is surprisingly light on the GPU. But to run at a resolution that takes advantage of the 1440 lines of the screen, I'd say you'd better have a 2080

4. Comfort depends a lot on the shape of your face. I have a big nose with a big bony nose bridge, with an IPD of 64.5mm. My nose bridge does not fit in the headset. To counter that you can use extra padding (I use pairs of velcro strips between the HMD and the cushion to add 5mm), which in turn requires a counterweight at the back of the head. With that comes a certain amount of distortion. An alternative method is to adjust the position of the lenses to leave enough room for the nose bridge, and use PiTool to reduce the IPD in software. Works OK, but the sweet spot of the lenses will not be properly aligned with your eyes. Not actually a big issue as the clarity drop-off is not very big, but if you're a perfectionist it will annoy you. The face pad that comes with the HMD smells horribly. I could not stand the chemical stench, it left a nasty burning sensation in my throat, even after weeks after opening the box. I ordered a custom face pad (originally for the Vive) from VRCover, and I'm happy with it.

5. I'm using the headset that I was using before I had a VR HMD. Great sound, fits over the headstrap. I'm using the sound output from my PC, the one from the headset is known to break easily

6. I haven't tried any of these headsets, so I can't say. I think the wide FOV is a pretty big deal. No need for a 180deg FOV, 140 is IMO enough. The 90-110 of these other headsets won't cut it. Maybe the Index with its advertised 30 extra achievable degrees over the Vive would be enough.

Regarding returns, beware, PiMax' lack of responsiveness regarding returns is a big warning sign. Also note you'll need to get hold of lighthouse. Without that you're stuck with 3dof, and not a very good one. There's a lot of drift. I don't recommend it. Don't order lighthouses or the controllers from PiMax, they don't have them yet, and it's unclear when they'll become available.

I would advise to wait and see what the Index has to offer, if you can wait. I think the 5k has too many rough edges for me to recommend it. I do not recommend not to get it either. Some owners seem very pleased with it, personally I like what they are doing and I want to support them, but what they have now still needs refining.

Counterweight ? Can you show details

Base station? I’ll order it immediately if I really need it.Is this something like the base stations in Rift that were done away with in RiftS.I’m trying out the Pimax for two reasons:I’d like to see if its resolution is better and that’s. Its widened field of view is a big improvement.BTW when using Pimax I assume I use Steam settings ,correct?

1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

Counterweight ? Can you show details

Nothing too fancy: three AA batteries tied together with a rubber band, and another rubber band to tie to the back of the headstrap.

I removed it yesterday because the batteries prevented me from leaning my head back against the headrest, but then I found myself readjusting the headset rather often.

Is this something like the base stations in Rift that were done away with in RiftS

No, PiMax doesn't have inside-out tracking (yet?). You need a basestation for comfort. Without you have only 3dof. OK for a game like Elite Dangerous, not so much for fighters in this game.

BTW when using Pimax I assume I use Steam settings ,correct?

Correct. I advise that you set the SS factor to get at least 2500 lines of vertical resolution

On 5/23/2019 at 12:08 PM, Blitzen said:

I'm curious about the counterweight you mention in #4.Can you furnish a picture & perhaps details? Thx!

I used a roll of coins and some tape :)  -crude but effective. And some velcro to attach it.

At first, I had it attached to the upper strap on the rear of the headstrap but it was rubbing against my high backed chair.

Attached it to the upper strap and now all is good.

On 5/25/2019 at 6:26 PM, Blitzen said:

Any last tips about setup guys?

I strongly recommend using a thicker face pad. Plenty of cheap ones on ebay- the ones made for the Vive seem to fit well enough.

Another alternative is using 2 or 3 strips of velcro between the HMD and the face pad to increase the distance from your eyes.

20190523_203551.jpg

Unable to identify a Pimax base station available thru Amazon..Is there an official title for same or is it the HR Vive one I've found/

Pimax haven't released their own branded base stations yet. (They are saying sometime this summer) Vive base stations work the same. You can get them new or used on Amazon, ebay, etc. 

Unable to identify a Pimax base station available thru Amazon..Is there an official title for same or is it the HR Vive one I've found/

Same lighthouse as the Vive and Vive Pro.

The Valve Index will use this device as well.

https://www.ebay.com/p/HTC-99hafs002-00-Vive-Base-Stations-99HAFS00200/572851198?_trksid=p2047675.l2644

The question I should have asked :have you found the SDE has been largely eliminated with Pimax? I have been using Rift S recently and it is 50% or so better than original Rift but still has SDE albeit much reduced,so I wonder if Pimax has solved this ongoing effect.....

Blitzen can you then tell us how the SDE and sharpness in in comparison between Rift S and Pimax5k+ ?

I am also interested in the size of the sweetspot, especially on the Pimax5k+.

1 hour ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Blitzen can you then tell us how the SDE and sharpness in in comparison between Rift S and Pimax5k+ ?

Will do_ I do really like the" S' - easy install & SDE is now reduced to very tiny grid of vertical & horizontal "lines."I am obviously concerned with Pimax setup so I get best resolution & can give my best apples to apples comparison.

On 5/27/2019 at 12:27 PM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Fenris, I have my 5K+ setup and running with very good clarity, no noticeable SDE and the FOV factor is excellent however I don't feel the lens sweet spot is nearly as large as some have reported.

I use a 19mm Vive face cushion and I do have to get the sweet spot set very carefully or things are slightly blurred and with my personal preference  for very good clarity and a PIMAX normal FOV requires that I make sure to adjust to the best view possible.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, fiddlinjim said:

Fenris, I have my 5K+ setup and running with very good clarity, no noticeable SDE and the FOV factor is excellent however I don't feel the lens sweet spot is nearly as large as some have reported.

I use a 19mm Vive face cushion and I do have to get the sweet spot set very carefully or things are slightly blurred and with my personal preference  for very good clarity and a PIMAX normal FOV requires that I make sure to adjust to the best view possible.

Fiddlin, what was your previous hmd, if any? So I know what your comparing sweetspot size with.

17 minutes ago, SvAF/F16_radek said:

Fiddlin, what was your previous hmd, if any? So I know what your comparing sweetspot size with.

radek

I used a Rift CV1 for several years prior to purchasing my Pimax 5K+ and the sweet spot was always easy to locate.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fiddlinjim said:

radek

I used a Rift CV1 for several years prior to purchasing my Pimax 5K+ and the sweet spot was always easy to locate.

Thanks fiddlinjim, 

Can you tell me something about the size of the sweetspot once you have actually found him? My biggest concern was that I would have a giant lens, of which only the center would be sharp, and I cannot move my eyes around in to enjoy the periphals.

Consider I got the head centered correctly so I'm right in front of the sweetspot, how much can I use my eyes to turn around instead of having to move my entire head? At what way towards the outer edge does the view get blurry?

21 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Thanks fiddlinjim, 

Can you tell me something about the size of the sweetspot once you have actually found him? My biggest concern was that I would have a giant lens, of which only the center would be sharp, and I cannot move my eyes around in to enjoy the periphals.

Consider I got the head centered correctly so I'm right in front of the sweetspot, how much can I use my eyes to turn around instead of having to move my entire head? At what way towards the outer edge does the view get blurry?

Fenris,

When sweet spot is centered and you hold you head still and look sideways with just your eyes.

There is some minor decrease in clarity from a full forward view but I haven't found it to be any more than if I look sideways without wearing my HMD.

My wingtips are clearly visible but only slightly blurred from the full forward view, however the larger FOV  is much better than the scuba mask view of the Rift and Rift S.

• Thanks 1

Guys i ordered my 5k+ a while ago. I tried to contact the Support to ask when they will ship but they didnt get back to me since over a week now.
Anyone got any experience with their customer support?

I've heard the only way is through a SUPEN ticket.

Make sure to not answer them via E-Mail / Reply-Button. It's going nowhere. Use that SUPEN ticket system. You will find help on their Forums. Also, it's best to contact PimaxUSA, if you are in the US.

Thanks. Support didnt answer yet but i received my shipped mail. So all good and probably it will arrive just in time.

On 5/22/2019 at 2:24 AM, Jocko said:

I used to do the same thing with the Vive. But it wasn't until I got a good pair of headphones did I realize how much I'd been missing out. Trouble is they add alot of extra weight! But they are still much superior to using earbuds bud.

26 minutes ago, Wolf8312 said:

I used to do the same thing with the Vive. But it wasn't until I got a good pair of headphones did I realize how much I'd been missing out. Trouble is they add alot of extra weight! But they are still much superior to using earbuds bud.

There are some good earbuds out there also, Klipsch makes some nice ones.

1 hour ago, dburne said:

There are some good earbuds out there also, Klipsch makes some nice ones.

Yeah perhaps. But I found that with the ones I have they seem to envelop my whole ear more, creating the impression that I am surrounded at at all sides by the sounds of the engine. Another factor is, earbuds at least with me, tend to have a very short life span! Always end up standing on, or crushing them somehow! With these I only tend to drop, or trip over them, although even these have taken some damage!

I use the Klipsch R6 II earbuds in my Rift S, I am very pleased with them.

But I do prefer the in ear rather than over ear solutions.

Posted (edited)

I tried IL2 in Pimax 5k+ last night.  My biggest finding was at merge with enemy aircraft, they would become "double vision" at merge, and then it would clear shortly after.  Perhaps its FPS and refresh rate.  Note, i did down tune my Pimax to 72 refresh due to minor yet noticeable horizontal screen tear in the right panel.  Dropping from 90 to 72 in PiTool fixed it, but at likely some costs...  Anyone know if way to fix the "double vision" of merging aircraft...or have seen it?  

Edited by WindWpn

Just setting up Pimax5K.Can you post your best current settings using Pitool or post a screen shot? Like others I presume, I have no idea where to start ( I have posted this question over on the Pimax Forum & have my fingers crossed.)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WindWpn said:

I tried IL2 in Pimax 5k+ last night.  My biggest finding was at merge with enemy aircraft, they would become "double vision" at merge, and then it would clear shortly after.  Perhaps its FPS and refresh rate.  Note, i did down tune my Pimax to 72 refresh due to minor yet noticeable horizontal screen tear in the right panel.  Dropping from 90 to 72 in PiTool fixed it, but at likely some costs...  Anyone know if way to fix the "double vision" of merging aircraft...or have seen it?  

That happens in all WMR and all SteamVR headsets as well, when reprojection is active. Whether it happens with Oculus' ASW2.0, I don't know. It's related to the Reprojection function which is called ASW/Brainwarp/Smoothing, depending on manufacturer. You may want to disable that in PiTool and try again.

I'm getting my Pimax today evening, or tomorrow. I'll find good settings for game, PiTool, and SteamVR and update my sticky thread with them, maybe even this weekend.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
  • Upvote 1