Han

Developer Diary 223 - Discussion

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, rowdyb00t said:

61D86638-A099-4026-A492-7E876CF4800C.jpeg.1e45a650caeaf8000f03345ce0096efe.jpeg

will this be an option in the future ??  

I wouldn’t fancy being the loader, he looks a bit exposed, in a WW 1 type of way.

I think the pic should really be the subject of a caption competition.

” I’m sorry Mein Fuhrer now that you say it again it makes so much more sense,  “Get Kurt Tank on to it” , embarrassed face”

Edited by HagarTheHorrible
  • Haha 2

Oooooh the Albatros DVa and the SE5a are two planes I really love! 💗

AND you have the Lewis gun mod for the Albie done already! :yahoo:

15 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

We don’t like the number 13 and this update is big enough to advance the version number a bit. 

Jason

As someone who's just finished a version numbering and rules document, I can't support you enough.

NOT A FREAKIN' REVISION! IT'S A GOD DAMN FULL BLOWN MINOR VERSION!

262 looking great

Those changes on the way it flies will be realy interesting, can't wait to fly it on career. We need to destroy Remagen's bridge!

• Like 1

No... we need to 'defend' the bridge at Remagen. 😀

• Haha 1

Fantastic update,

the detail on the new items is incredible!

Are the present runways able to handle the 262 or does it need a Great Big Ass Concrete Runway?

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I can't believe that I am the first person to say this.... but.....

The Me 262 is...... 2 weeks away (the old hands will get the joke) 😜

Edited by novicebutdeadly

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, novicebutdeadly said:

I can't believe that I am the first person to say this.... but.....

The Me 262 is...... 2 weeks away (the old hands will get the joke) 😜

Don‘t scare us.

Edited by ZachariasX

T-t-t-t-t-two weEEEeks....??!!!!   😱 

It's like it was only two weeks ago when we first heard that promise on so many things. 🙄

• Haha 1

Not here to bash...just curious..

Will we get the mustang, tempest and lightning along in the same patch with the schwalbe?

I don´t run my own business and therefore I am no expert, but the state the online servers are at this moment I really think the american market needs to chime in and join the frey...

So for me the only thing of importance is proper fighting aircraft for the allies and those would be p51, tempest and p-38 to be honest.

Yes...I believe there is a bunch of potential customers in the US waiting for these birds specifically....along with myself (Euro), although I tend to fly all planes in game

So slightly curious about the marketing strategy...is all.

The previews of the new stuff is, as always stunning...thanks for the hard work!

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, NIK14 said:

Will we get the mustang, tempest and lightning along in the same patch with the schwalbe?

No

4 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

Are the present runways able to handle the 262 or does it need a Great Big Ass Concrete Runway?

Jet engines don't really do grass and dirt fields a whole lot of good but while the BoBp map is still a WIP I feel that restriction should be lifted just so it can actually land on our current map set

What “restriction”?

2 hours ago, NIK14 said:

So slightly curious about the marketing strategy...is all.

Strategy? What strategy... :biggrin:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

What “restriction”?

I believe he meant operating off a dirt runway in a jet without some sort of "gravel kit" to keep the intake from inhaling FOD.

It will be nice flying to get an Me262 with a P47 or later P51D by coming down full throttle to build up enough speed to catch it.

2 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

What “restriction”?

I was just curious if the runways we have are long enough to handle a 262.

I am firm in my conviction that I don't enough to know.

According to this website https://www.ww2aerialreconstudies.com/jets.html Me 262s (and Arado Ar 234s) needed 1800 - 2000 metre runways. The ones on existing maps are about I000 m, I think, so it is going to be a struggle.  And I can't see any obvious way for the developers to come up with a temporary 'fix' that wouldn't involve either modifying an existing map or bodging the Me 262 FM. Maybe we should wait and see though, since I'm sure the developers are aware of the issue. 

5 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

According to this website https://www.ww2aerialreconstudies.com/jets.html Me 262s (and Arado Ar 234s) needed 1800 - 2000 metre runways. The ones on existing maps are about I000 m, I think, so it is going to be a struggle.  And I can't see any obvious way for the developers to come up with a temporary 'fix' that wouldn't involve either modifying an existing map or bodging the Me 262 FM. Maybe we should wait and see though, since I'm sure the developers are aware of the issue. 

Why would they do either of those things? It's early access and the map is not out, just have some patience.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Why would they do either of those things? It's early access and the map is not out, just have some patience.

I don't think they would. I was pointing out the work a temporary 'fix' would involve: excessive in my opinion.

Posted (edited)

the 262 had a slower approach speed.....

i understand the engines are closer to the ground, but this is war and they are only good for 25-50 hours anyway...

Edited by sonicapollo

I think that taking off, rather than landing, is going to be the issue. A light fuel load and a good headwind might make all the difference though.

As for FOD, it isn't modelled so far, and the developers have said nothing about adding it. Why would they, when the Me 262 will be operating off concrete runways in BoBp? 

4 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

As for FOD, it isn't modelled so far, and the developers have said nothing about adding it. Why would they, when the Me 262 will be operating off concrete runways in BoBp? 

Indeed...I was more alluding to the "suspension of disbelief" difficulties that some users may experience when seeing 262s take off from rough dirt fields 🧐

Would not impact me one way or another.

19 hours ago, HagarTheHorrible said:

I wouldn’t fancy being the loader, he looks a bit exposed, in a WW 1 type of way.

He’s a ground crewman, he didn’t fly in the plane like that. There was just the pilot in the cockpit.

1 hour ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

He’s a ground crewman, he didn’t fly in the plane like that. There was just the pilot in the cockpit.

No Sh*t Sherlock. 🙈  ✌️I suspect you must be releasing your inner German 😜

That Said, it probably isn’t the most outlandish idea that some clever clogs thought might be worth trying.

• Like 3

Just now, HagarTheHorrible said:

That Said, it probably isn’t the most outlandish idea that some clever clogs thought might be worth trying.

Given the reliability of the gun, having that guy on board as a loader there could be a sacrifice the guy in the cockpit is inclined to make.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Low slung jets and non-firmly attached ground things have a tendency to come adrift.   Concrete autobahns on the other hand, are pretty well attached. 

Edited by HagarTheHorrible

Does the 262 had ejection seat or only the later models were equipped with such exotic device?

Excellent DD as usual.

Hi Petrla,

no the 262 didnt had an ejection seat.

It was never intended, a good book for this is "The Cronicles of JG 7."

• Like 1

Me-262! So wonderful to see it finally close to release! Again Devs, thank you so much for the hard work and for making the best sim...ever!:yahoo::good:

• Upvote 1

Sounds like it will be great update.
I'm just still concerned about the tank repairs, as it will mess with realistic balance in my opinion (in favor of big tanks and guns).
Sherman that has been hit in the turret ring by the 88 even at distance doesn't need repair anymore...
Tiger that has been hit in the  turret ring by the 75mm at distance could use some repair...
Even though they would be both out of action for that day, the game Tiger will have another chance. The Sherman not.
(if stuck turret is not enough for you, imagine they have been immobilized as well but there is real life example with just that).

I mean - make the enemy stop fighting should be as viable tactic as destroying his vehicle entirely. Remember capturing of the Tiger 131  (after hit by 6 pdr that stuck the turret the crew bailed out and the tank was captured).

So I just hope it is connected to the Realism: Normal as the markers are already there, thus this is just a detail.

Is there an autobahn handy for my 262?

Autobahnen 1930s.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

I am firm in my conviction that I don't enough to know.

We know.  😀

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

It's early access and the map is not out, just have some patience.

Yes, and they apparently don't even know how some of the airfields looked like back in 1944/45 - and this in the middle of the project

Bodenplatte! What a great research! I really don't understand...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Yes, and they apparently don't even know how some of the airfields looked like back in 1944/45 - and this in the middle of the project

Bodenplatte! What a great research! I really don't understand...

Ah, you don't know what project schedules look like in the 2018/19? What a great research! Check this: https://learn.g2.com/project-management-statistics

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J2_Bidu said:

Ah, you don't know what project schedules look like in the 2018/19? What a great research! Check this: https://learn.g2.com/project-management-statistics

Nope - I'm one of those old farts who did it differently, something like this:

- Start your research as good as possible before you launch your project

- Determine a realistic budget with the necessary resources

- Define realistic and feasible milestones

Seems quite simple to me, but nowadays apparently not "sexy" anymore.

Thank you for your informative link. Great!

Just now, -IRRE-Therion said:

Nope - I'm one of those old farts who did it differently, something like this:

- Start your research as good as possible before you launch your project

- Determine a realistic budget with the necessary resources

- Define realistic and feasible milestones

You won't get your product out in time. Stop using Waterfall, go Agile! Blah blah

Yeah, I know what you mean... but it's a game, everyone wants everything yesterday...

Now in this case, the detail of airfield shape does not seem necessarily structural in terms of the overall project. Looks more like a self-contained activity. And it can be improved over time.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Screens of the 262 make me think it only has a 2k textures.... Would I be correct?

If so whyyy? 😫 I thought we were passed releasing new aircraft with 2k textures they are just so outdated. :( 

Other than no surprises to learn its "two weeks away" :rolleyes:  It is nice to actually have some proper BoBp content in the dev diary for once!

Edited by Bullets