Sign in to follow this  
Rick_Rawlings

Focke Wulfe A3 PWCG COOP Campaign

Posted (edited)

So having had sooooo much success in the 109 campaign, we decided to try our luck in the 190 for a bit. Be warned that PWCG defaults to low air activity which puts about three planes in the air over the whole of the map. Having switched to medium density for the second mission, we had a bit more success, although you will see the somewhat disconcerting way we discovered the enemy...

Edited by Rick_Rawlings
  • Like 2

Like it. This 'series' is great. Reminds me of being a proud parent!! (that was a long time ago, still proud but they're long left!!!). I mean that in the most humorous way lads, I assure ya's (I mean, look at my picture and yes, that IS Rap). As for the dawg, our's ears prick up every time I watch a vid!! :salute:

Thank you! Although as you have seen in my other videos, that pride will probably be as short -lived as the pilot! :lol:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here's a nice little dogfight. I still struggle with finding enemies against the ground at 1900x1200, maybe it's time for a new monitor and video card? I also either need to tweak or find a new Track IR profile as this one is just a bit finicky for me. Did find a moment to get some skins made though!

Edited by Rick_Rawlings

Posted (edited)

A fun flight running into poorly flown Polikarpovs. We turned fine with them... One was wise enough to go home!

Edited by Rick_Rawlings
  • Like 2

Another classic guys.

As far as losing speed goes, especially in the Butcher Birds, hit the flap button TWICE and you get landing flap position. Dunno if you knew but it took me ages to work that one out!! The first position is takeoff and then when you hit them again it's landing...

ps I miss the dog!!

I did not know that! See, I knew I should have rtfm! Thank you! As for the dogs, they were there, just under cease fire orders. You could hear the wife yelling a bit at the end though!

• Like 1

If I give my dog ceasefire orders he just goes rogue!!

MY wife? She barks at me all the time and has often been heard disturbing the neighbours with guttural growling! 

Posted (edited)

A couple more of various degrees of success:

An intercept where our AI wingmen just gave up! Well, not us at least!

Ground pounding, of which we couldn't see what we were pounding until it was basically too late to pound it...

*edit: Raptorattacker, you've changed your profile pic!

Edited by Rick_Rawlings
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rick_Rawlings said:

*edit: Raptorattacker, you've changed your profile pic!

I know, I know... they're both me but I just thought I'd give everyone a rest. Possibly not the right move... an old fool heading inexorably towards 60!! :rolleyes:

As ever, good entertainment by the way!!

ps I had a bit of trouble with the vids by the way. They were buffering badly. Dunno if it was just me but others I tried seemed okay... 

pPs If you boys would like a couple of skins knocked up for your missions then don't be shy in singing out, it'd be a pleasure.

Rap

:salute:

Edited by Raptorattacker

Yes, especially with the ground attack mission, it actually rendered wrong and the video freezes for a minute while the audio continues...thanks for the offer on the skins, we are using custom ones, but I just changed the color bands on the wings. I have done a bunch of skinning for the OBD series of sims, but haven't had much time to dive in here. I barely have time to fly!

Nice. No worries.

Yeah, that's exactly what's happening to the videos, frozen but with audio. Ah well, leaves it to the imagination!

...and Brenged goes down! He was well avenged though, and many songs will be sung about his exploits! However, as it's hard to have a coop campaign without a coop-erator, that leads us to...

• Like 1

Well...

Here's a placeholder flight that we made because we can no longer see each other peer-to-peer. Just stopped working one day about two weeks ago. Nothing seemed to be different, we just could no longer connect. No, we can join a third-party server (probably dedicated), but can't join each others'.  I posted in the Multiplayer thread, but it doesn't seem to get much action, so I will post here and maybe someone will know the answer:

So up until quite recently, my buddy and I were able to complete coop missions using the PWCG program to generate mission for the Multiplayer/Cooperative folder. Then, quite literally overnight, this stopped working. It was on a weekend, so there was no update to the game and we continued to use the same version of PWCG. But when I would make a mission, it would hang until I would eventually get a 10019 error. (I would always kill the process before this as it took forever.) I gave my buddy the mission and he would sometimes be able to host it and I could see it but would hang on trying to join. We played around with network settings, but again, we were able to do it one day and then literally not the next whereas nothing had changed with the router. I even connected directly to the cable box so there was no router involved, all to the same effect. IL2 has always been in my allowed programs list for my firewall, so I don't think that is it. Eventually, I just reinstalled the whole game. When I tried to make a server...it worked! "Aha!" We thought! "Take On Me!...er...Problem Solved!"

But no, my buddy couldn't join my server now. He was getting the same problem I was. He then reinstalled, but to no avail. We can join online dogfight servers and I think online coop servers, although there aren't many without password protection to test on. But when we try to coop peer to peer, we can't connect. I don't seem to see lots of other people with this specific problem, and if they have it, the recommendation is always to open ports, but that doesn't seem to be the issue here. Any help would be appreciated!

We were looking at maybe getting the Kuban update to fly over some water while it is on sale, but not really feeling the love with the arcanery necessary to get this working sometimes, as evidenced by the posts of others over the years. If anyone has some good ideas, we would appreciate them!

RR

Sorry RR, I have absolutely NO idea what the problem is. Largely because I rarely do MP (no-one likes me and I have NO friends, maybe because I eat worms!!). Good luck in your quest mate!

• Haha 1

Thank you, sir! If more people ate worms, this would be a merrier world. (But with more indigestion, probably...)

• Like 1

Great to hear the dog back to it's customary enthusiastic self, I might add. Does the dog eat worms? I could make a friend there if so...;)

My dog rarely makes a peep on videos. That dog was my buddy's and I think it is the one (he has two) that occasionally eats rabbits. So if you befriend him, you might make your way up the food chain!

• Like 1

That sounds like my kind of journey!! A terrier by any chance?