Blitzen

War Thunder B-17F

I'm looking for the best sim representative of a B-17F for a current project.The vid of the one on War Thunder seems to fill the bill.Except for a fleeting experience with the sim,I really know nothing about it & all I really want to do is use the B-17F featured for in flight exterior reference shots screenies .My question is after downloading the sim 9 free as i recall,) how difficult is it to acquire the B-17 ? Can I simply buy it  somehow right away outright without having to earn it in the arcade game fashion? can someone give me a bit of advice?

( Please post to the correct forum if this is incorrectly placed.)

Lucky+Lass+5.png

iirc there is a "captured" B-17 for the Japanese that can be bought. the skin can then be replaced on live.wathunder.com 

to grind it out in the tree it shouldn't take too long but will definitely get grindy. Also it should be noted unless there's been an update, bomber cockpits look worse than IL-2 -1946 

Edited by Guccigang_Zesphr

No Can't spend the time & effort .

Il-2 has a pretty good one but dated..it might have to do.

BTW I did the illustration for the now very dated B-17 Mighty Eighth a long time ago.

2019.05.15 23-03-49.jpg

b-17flyingfortressthemighty8th.jpg

7 hours ago, Blitzen said:

BTW I did the illustration for the now very dated B-17 Mighty Eighth a long time ago.

2019.05.15 23-03-49.jpg

Confirm you did the box art for that game?

Does WT have an F? I know they had early and late E models and a G. I slaved for months to get my E and was so sick of the game by then that I quit playing before bothering to get the "upgrades" for it.

13 hours ago, Blitzen said:

2019.05.15 23-03-49.jpg

Hell yeah, I played that game like it was not tomorrow!! hehehehe (Found my CD copy right now) B-17 has been my favorite WWII plane since...ever. We need a B17 sim yes or yes.

And this one even earlier...

Haash

I loved that game too. I think I went into a depression after it would not work when I got a new pc and new operating system. And I could not make it to work. I liked 1 much better than 2

9 hours ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

Confirm you did the box art for that game?

Yup!

• Like 2

The trouble with Great Battles is that it spoils you for most sims of the past that don't feature the kind of detail & shadows that GB has as standard.Just look at the wonderful A-20 and the B-25 will be equally as sharp when it finally lands. For now , for my purposes I think I can make the old trusty Il-2 Forgotten Battles B-17F's in formation work, the good folks at S.A.S. have improved its exterior quite a bit even without shadows ...sigh...

maxresdefault.jpg

2019.05.17 04-45-50.jpg