On 9/22/2020 at 6:13 AM, SCG_Vieira said:

Yeah, I still have the "all planes, tanks and ships became invisible" bug all the time. After the last update it actually happened to a friend of mine that never had it before...

I had this bug on Virtual finish server 2 days ago. I don't have recording but I think there is enough proof here that this bug is really happening and it's really frustrating. I was searching 40min for any contact and I was killed by invisible plane after that time...

I noticed my forum post got merged into this one instead of being addressed by support, if they can't give me an answer to fix this so I can actually play the game I have half a mind to just chargeback all of my purchases and be done with this game, I bought everything in the Great Battles series besides tank crew waiting to hear a response back for this so I can actually play the game and feel completely ripped off at this point.

I have been playing a few months, almost a year. I always was suspicious that sometimes I can't spot anything and suddenly other times I have to problem spotting other players.

I have started to play with a friend and today we had this bug. He had to restart the game because he didn't see any planes at all in Finish server.

This bug is near 99% time happening whenever I fly with friends on Finnish Virtual Pilots server - after map rotation if you stay connected. The solution is to always leave the server after map rotates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 7:44 PM, [DBS]TH0R said:

This bug is near 99% time happening whenever I fly with friends on Finnish Virtual Pilots server - after map rotation if you stay connected. The solution is to always leave the server after map rotates.

Update: on Friday I had this bug happen to me on first join (first sortie) of the evening. Not after map restart as usual. Again on Finnish Virtual Pilots server.

I recently bought a brand new computer. Not a single component was reused from the old system. For the first couple of weeks I didn't suffer the invisibility issue but then it started happening again. It is now happening very frequently, even in Combat Box, where it wasn't as common as in Finnish. 

This computer is just for gamming and has really few things installed there. One of the things are installed only after a few weeks was my antivirus Kaspersky. I wonder if it might be related. Other than that, only a couple more games and SRS.

did no read through all of this thread.

edit: this was finnish server.

had the bug happen to me ana a friend of mine. we were two pz iiis but my friend could not see me. however i was not only invisible but his tank behaved like my tank was not there at all. he could not hit me as his shots just passed through. i was able to shoot and hit him and set him on fire. i was invisible to him.

He was even able to drive full speed when i parked my tank in front of him. my tank did not slow him down at all. we ended up crashing into a tree and my tank did blow up. lol

Edited by Mollotin
  • 4 weeks later...

SP circumstances: i occasionally get a non visible plane, just the 4 corner-pieced empty frame. 

What can be the cause of that? Can you cause that on purpose due some wrong ME programming, is the cause a game file missing or corrupted error,

like something essentially needed for a plane to appear, or even get that situation on purpose??

Lots of people get this and it appears random.

One squad mate posited that if you use your mouse then other tanks disappear.  I checked this in a private server and he was right.  I don't know how that translates to Finnish as I don't use the mouse apart from in the map screen.  I also don't understand how that would impact on the aircraft disappearing.

As it stands the only element that seems to set Finnish apart from other servers (brilliantly I might add) is the use of the tanks and the dynamic front.  Something somewhere seems to be causing a client/server mismatch but that is for others to figure out - I looked at the mission editor then had to lie down for a few hours to get past the horror.

The only fix is to disconnect and rejoin.

von Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I think the developers have explained many times that the invisible bug is due to latency issues, or rather the data transferred to from client to server skip a few ticks causing planes to disappear.

There is a lot going on on the Finnish server, especially when there are 84 people on the server, guns firing and bombs blasting. It could be either server side (not powerful enough hardware to handle the busy moments), or inherently as a coding issue within the game. A lot of complaints seem to come from people either flying on the Wings, Combat Box or Finnish servers, all of which can get very busy. So this leads me to believe it is a multiplayer issue which will be difficult to fix.

A good way to test would be to see if the invisible bug happens in SP? I don't remember seeing any posts about this. I haven't read all of this thread from start to finish so correct me if I'm wrong.

This (the n28) is different tips.

They've fixed this bug on D7's and the "normal" invisible bug that you speak of for WWI and we know this because no one has reported it since. 

Used to "see" the invisible bug every sortie and it is/was across platform. 

Edited by US213_Talbot