34 minutes ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

Often I see reports from this server, the video shows that there are problems with the connection to the server.

Is it a ping thing?

23 hours ago, GOA_Karaya_VR said:

This happends today on finish virtual pilots to a fellow who tries to form up with some 110s.

What was his ping?

Still happening to me on a daily basis. I have sent all the documentation and videos to the DEVs before. I don't think sending more of the same will make any difference. 

Yesterday I was shotdown by a player that was simply not there. When rechecking on the TacView I confirmed that the only existing objects were me and the bullets that destroyed me. The game gave the air kill to the other player. This was on Combat Box.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 4:40 AM, -DED-Rapidus said:

Often I see reports from this server, the video shows that there are problems with the connection to the server.

Any details? We could then troubleshoot it on our end.

Edit: I remember Jason saying something about dropped UDP, so is it that?

Edit 2: We run the association's TeamSpeak server on the same machine, and there doesn't seem to be any packet loss issues with it, so it most likely isn't the network connection of the server.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
  • 1CGS
4 hours ago, US93_Talbot said:

First instance of invisible plane since you guys fixed it last. 

I'm sorry, you jumped to conclusions. This bug has nothing to do with stealth planes. We will fix this error.

1 hour ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Edit 2: We run the association's TeamSpeak server on the same machine, and there doesn't seem to be any packet loss issues with it, so it most likely isn't the network connection of the server.

Guys, but reports come to me with enviable constancy only from this server, don't you find it strange?

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

Guys, but reports come to me with enviable constancy only from this server, don't you find it strange?

Not really. We know that we are pushing the limits with the amount of stuff we have in the missions, so could it have something to do with that? :) SPS and Tick Delay are within acceptable limits.

48 minutes ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

I'm sorry, you jumped to conclusions. This bug has nothing to do with stealth planes. We will fix this error.

I had the invisibility bug in every single multiplayer server, including KOTA, CB, TAW, WL, Finns and even Berloga which seems to be as simple as a server can possibly get.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

No reports- no problems.

This has been reported multiple times by multiple people and the documentation including the TacView files and the In flight Recordings have been sent to the developers.

I will be flying this weekend and I will make sure to record it and publish the issue again here with fresh data from the current production release.

This issue has years, and you are all very well aware of it. Claiming "No reports-no problems" seems rather rude and dishonest.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

@SCG_Vieira, one way or another, but I need detailed reports for work, words are not enough.

So, let me know exactly which files do you need and their location. Also any configuration needed to generate them.

Previously I sent to the devs the acmi and trk files as well as the "tracks/dogfight" folders used by the game to record the flight. I both (TacView and In Game Recording) the issue was clearly visible.

I saw a DVII disappear in the middle of combat while testing out the new visibility patch on the J5 Flugpark on 17 September. I engaged the DVII, and my wingman saw it disappear for a moment while approaching, thinking it was a disconnect until it reappeared. After that, he engaged and I backed off a bit, then the enemy disappeared for me. I could clearly see my wingman engaging nothing until the enemy crashed. I think I have a track of this, as well.

During week 4 of the Black September event (26 September), a pair of DVII's were spotted approaching the Allied airfield in sector B. They were engaged by several Entente fighters in the area. Kotori and I recorded two separate views of the same planes disappearing. They reappeared for both of us when zoomed in, and would disappear when returning to the normal un-zoomed view. I noticed that they were not actually disappearing, but instead appeared the same size as a distant contact. Kotori agreed: they were becoming incredibly tiny when un-zoomed, and appeared normal when zoomed in. I even saw someone scoring hits on this tiny opponent, and the puffs of smoke appeared at the right spot for the full size plane. Looking at the original video, the tiny plane is not visible, and youtube compression will guarantee no one can see it in the videos I'm posting. Friendly planes in the area appeared normal to both of us through the entire event, only the DVII had issues. Kotori and I may each have a track of this, but I'm not sure.

Kotori's view from a SE5a:

My view from a Camel:

I'll check to see if I have tracks of these. Is there anything else I need for a bug report? I have never done one before.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gents, I got this bug for first time today on Finnish VP with large player count.  Got shot down and was mystified as I couldn't see anyone behind me while taking damage.  Respawned and tried to link up with my wingman.  He reported himself at my 5 O'clock 300m and I couldn't see him.  He could see me fine.  We formed up and he was still completely invisible to me.  I began a recording and after going through some tests (I fired - he could see me firing.  He fired - I could not see his tracers, or hear him when he was very close.).  Finally, he tried ramming me.  His airplane took severe damage, but mine was untouched.  I have a partial recording and he has a 'post-ram' recording, if these are needed.  Please reply and/or PM me with any other info we can provide.  He is ACG_Gnomus and is also happy to provide info.

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@-DED-Rapidus

Server Finish Virtual Pilots.

Is a nice place to find this event on multiplayer. 

This time he was still invisible after opening fire. 

Sortie: http://ts3.virtualpilots.fi:8000/es/sortie/623086/?tour=39 (There is some flack shoting at me so I put the sortie to confirm that the kill was down by a plane not by flack) Note that the russian Flack is shoting on my direction as well, signal that the enemy was there. 

Track file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ykfKB2mVr0o6cbMOazGFwb3uOjM_5Wn/view?usp=sharing

I didn't play much recently but this happened to me twice once pre and once post patch (today).

All the other planes are invisible. Here is my track showing the issue my friends will provide their own, you can compare these were taken at the same time in the same plane.

The beginning of Unicus's recording is at around 0.38 in my video.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

We had these occurences on Finnish virtualpilots, 
This is a different one from a few days later iirc.
Hauggy also had the similar experience on the runway in the first time around, he just took off and he was unable to find us but we found him making the first recording

Verifying game files fixed the issue for me and hauggy

Perspectives on the left is from my wingman braino's recording, 1P to the right is what i saw on my end. I don't think i got hit in this sortie contrary to the FF indicated by Unicus, I think he simply hit building belonging to the airfield.

a

Edited by =FEW=N3cRoo
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't say for sure but I had a similiar experience on Wings of Liberty server. I was flying 109 G6 and 110 was attacking a tank convoy. I couldn't not see the BF110 or the tank column. I had the exact location and I was there where the tanks and 110 should have been. I did see an explosion but I don't know if that was a bomb dropped by the 110 or the time when he crashed to the ground.

I made a recording of the flight but no tanks or other planes were there to see.

On 11/22/2020 at 9:50 PM, =FEW=N3cRoo said:

We also had two cases of the same bug reappearing after file integrity check fixed it. Happened on the same server. 

Hi N3cRoo! What do you mean by "file integrity check"?

Usually the bug disappears if you just leave the server and start again. Is anything specific you have done to clear the issue while in flight? 

I had that happen playing tanks on the Virtual Finnish Pilots server. I was waiting a pal in my Sherman just north of a spawn point, I tell him so and I see him passing by a few meters away asking me where the hell I was. I realized at that moment he couldn't see me. I made him stop, pulled right next to him but I was still invisible. I fired a flare on him, saw the message that I fired on a friendly but he couldn't see it.

• 4 weeks later...

Fokker Dvii's are still disappearing in the middle of dogfights and become only visible again if fully zoomed in.  Seen this a while back with the Po-2 but that was a few patches ago.

13 hours ago, Garven said:

Fokker Dvii's are still disappearing in the middle of dogfights and become only visible again if fully zoomed in.  Seen this a while back with the Po-2 but that was a few patches ago.

I noticed this on SP today.

It almost looked like the pilot rendered but the aircraft didn't then suddenly the aircraft rendered at about 2-3km out.

I've been working on learning multiplayer for the past few monthes now and have been mostly stuck on taxi'ing and take offs and navigation. I always thought it was wierd that I never saw any players flying out of the same airfields but thought maybe i was picking the wrong locations from not knowing how to play properly. Played a bunch of singleplayer to work on navigation and camer back to multi, only to fly around for days thinking i was still getting lost until explaining what was happening in chat and getting told it had to be a bug. So here I am, I sent something to customer support but have never heard back from any of those tickets, and I have never other players on any maps except for berloga and now im beginning to wonder if those are even players or ai due to the rest of the game. I've reverified and reinstalled everything multiple times, tried launching numerous ways, played 2D and VR no difference, I cant find a solution for this problem other than to restart the game but I've obviously done that many times during this process to no avail. Please help, I just bought the entire series to have the full multiplayer experience and now realize my navigational errors early in my career where mostly due to a bug and that I have never had multiplayer working properly.

After flying longer I can confirm other players are seeing me and I cant see them after numerous deaths where i go instantly from flying to the explosion screen, what is causing all of this? It makes multiplayer completely unplayable!