JG1_AngryGoat

recording time

hey everyone. was wondering if there's a way to change the recorder settings to last longer than 500mb?I feel like every time I finally get to target or a good dogfight... my recording length is over.  I see a lot of people posting videos on YouTube and what not. was trying to figure out if they are just masters of video edit and are shooting multiple recordings for one sortie or if I have to adjust a setting?

I think your best bet is to record only small pieces of the flight at time. I've noticed that long recordings tend to be glitchy and have some warping when they come from MP environment. Like shooting and seeing bullets go through the airframe, delayed effects, damage effects only showing after a few seconds, vehicles that explode a few secs after they are bombed, etc.IMHO, these issues decrease in frequency in small tracks as oposed to very long ones.

If you, start getting near the front line hit record even if you see nothing. It took some mental effort on my part initially, but I tend to record in spurts during a mission. I'll start recording in the above way, but then if a while passes without seeing anything and then I spot a contact at long range I'll turn recording off then immediately turn it back on again. This ensures I don't hit that limit by mistake as it happened a few times.

I doubt anything will change on the size limit so we just have to deal with it.

Another option is using the "instant replay" feature your graphics card's software may have, so at least you can get some footage if you don't get a track out of it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SYN_Requiem said:

If you, start getting near the front line hit record even if you see nothing. It took some mental effort on my part initially, but I tend to record in spurts during a mission. I'll start recording in the above way, but then if a while passes without seeing anything and then I spot a contact at long range I'll turn recording off then immediately turn it back on again. This ensures I don't hit that limit by mistake as it happened a few times.

I doubt anything will change on the size limit so we just have to deal with it.

Another option is using the "instant replay" feature your graphics card's software may have, so at least you can get some footage if you don't get a track out of it.

This

As for your original question about extended recording times over 500mb. The answer is no it is not possible. The time/data limit is hard coded into the game and the devs will not change it. (it has long been requested) So I suggest using a stopwatch to keep track of the 30 minute limit of recordings.

Many times have I started a recording only for it to end in mid battle and go unnoticed. =/