5./StG.1_DLMalloy

5./St.G.1 Banner

Okay, so I wanted to make the squadron I have official, so I made these. Please tell me what you think and which one you like better.

Kind regards and :salute:,

DLMalloy

Copy of Copy of Banner of the Red Menace (1).jpg

5._St.G.1 Squadron Nose Art.jpg

Copy of Copy of Banner of the Red Menace.jpg

• Haha 1

Honestly, neither one of them. I don't understand why you placed american-like dog tags and M16 rifles to represent a German dive-bombing WWII unit. If I were you, I would stick to their original historical default symbol. Please, don't take it harshly ... I don't mean to offend you but to give some constructive feedback as you've requested. Anyways, good luck with your unit and hope to see your unit in the air soon!

Cheers

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

@SCG_Riksen Nah, it's alright. This banner was originally a banner for my math class' American 9 Man team; The Red Menace! Thanks for the feedback and i will try to get some friends to join here soon. 

Kind regards,

DLMalloy

:salute:

Oh and PS: I couldn't find some good Kar-98k silhouettes, so I went with M16a2s. 

Neither could I find a ju87 silhouette 

Couldnt find a Gladius silhouette for my roman banner, so I went with this Nuke sihouette I found on the interwebs.

Sorry I couldn't resist 😄

• Haha 2

I also agree to stick with a more ww2 theme or use the original symbols. I was looking at this thinking, this belongs to someone from vietnam or something. We have the classic crossed sweet 16s, tacky looking dog tags, and to a basic American who cannot read it is says nam glory. Although it actually means remember and memory if I'm reading it correctly?  If I had to choose one out of the three I would select the middle. Simple and to the point like any good and memorable squadron logo/mascot. 

Edited by Geronimo553
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

Sorry I couldn't resist 😄

LMAO. Thanks for the comment.

55 minutes ago, Geronimo553 said:

I also agree to stick with a more ww2 theme or use the original symbols. I was looking at this thinking, this belongs to someone from vietnam or something. We have the classic crossed sweet 16s, tacky looking dog tags, and to a basic American who cannot read it is says nam glory. Although it actually means remember and memory if I'm reading it correctly?  If I had to choose one out of the three I would select the middle. Simple and to the point like any good and memorable squadron logo/mascot. 

Thank you. I will try and make a better, cleaner version of the middle. Thanks for the input!

:salute:

P.S: as the "Uncultured American" I am, I put "For Glory, No Surrender" in google translate for Latin and got that.

• Upvote 1