Sign in to follow this  
Rekt

P-40 Bare Metal Skinning Question

Hello all!

I see that as of update 3.001, the P-40 is supposed to have enhanced "bare metal" abilities like the A-20 and P-39.

Unfortunately, I have not found this to be the case in practice...in other words I have used the same diffuse and alpha texturing techniques on the P-40 that I used on my P-39 skin but the result was not the same. The P-39 looks like aluminum that has been polished to a mirror shine whereas the P-40 looks like a very glossy silver paint at best. 

Any other painters observe this as well? Worth a bug report?

there was some change done since then and the model does not reflect light as before, so it is better to use paint again as it looks more natural

this is what I did:

286578844_Il-2P-40E1KLUNEIAF1.jpg.948072

2 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

I'll check it out. Try asking @Tom_Weiss as he's done loads of P-40's?... Just a thought.

Rap

1 hour ago, Tom_Weiss said:

there was some change done since then and the model does not reflect light as before, so it is better to use paint again as it looks more natural

this is what I did:

286578844_Il-2P-40E1KLUNEIAF1.jpg.948072

Thanks gents! That is a nice paint, Tom.

Hopefully in future they will standardize the models...I'd love to be able paint the P-40 like I did with the P-39.

• Like 1