smink1701

Monthly Updates?

Okay, as requested, what can we expect to see in the next update and how long will it be before it appears? 

Would it be okay to ask, as we must be at least heading towards the prep for v5.0 launch in the next year, that we get regular updates, at least every two weeks rather than the current open ended, maybe we will but probably wont get an update? 

Thanks, MP 

The thread's title is Monthly Updates, and it has been going off lately about SP vs MP, CloD/Box. Take it to PMs if you'd like to continue that argument please. 

@Mysticpuma

I believe the updates are being created now. Some will be photos, some videos so hard to say when. The photo ones shouldn't take too long as you know. Right now we are compiling shots from different departments and info. What to expect, not sure, probably a little of everything. Sound, bug fixes/additions, map work, new aircraft. The aircraft have been our coders/importers main priorities as of late, but we do have new objects, ships, so on being worked on. Once things are showcased by Bonkin/Pattle, as requested I'll post single images occasionally of small things that get changed when I can. 

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, 69thSpiritus_Mortem said:

The thread's title is Monthly Updates, and it has been going off lately about SP vs MP, CloD/Box. Take it to PMs if you'd like to continue that argument please. 

@Mysticpuma

I believe the updates are being created now. Some will be photos, some videos so hard to say when. The photo ones shouldn't take too long as you know. Right now we are compiling shots from different departments and info. What to expect, not sure, probably a little of everything. Sound, bug fixes/additions, map work, new aircraft. The aircraft have been our coders/importers main priorities as of late, but we do have new objects, ships, so on being worked on. Once things are showcased by Bonkin/Pattle, as requested I'll post single images occasionally of small things that get changed when I can. 

It sounds like there is still quite a bit of Dev left to do, could you give an indication, don't worry I will not hold you to it, of how far out you think 5.0 is from launch ? Nothing specific, just weeks, months, or perhaps over a year ?

Just trying to manage my expectations that's all.

Just take it as at least a year... then if it comes any earlier you can be pleasantly surprised...

On 6/11/2019 at 4:38 AM, II./JG77_Kemp said:

Sorry, but it is not very logical. If "90% of players are SP" and if the game has the same price for MP and SP players, then where does the money come from? Mostly from single players. Like Reddog said, if money comes from SP, then one would also expect that resources would be put towards pleasing primarily that audience and that way getting more money from this major customer base. The "10% MP" crowd would be a nice add-on, of course.

This is probably already the case.  AI and campaigns are extremely expensive.  They are useless for MP.

• Haha 1

Hi all, there is much planning going into what the next update/s will look and sound like.  The way we will present these, is ambitious and a format we haven't done before. It is  taking time and co-ordination between all the team to get it right. 

However, I believe the community will appreciate it.

I was talking to Artist last night.  He has just come off spending 30-40 hours this week alone,  elbow deep in the code, and he was excited about what he is seeing come together. What he is seeing will be part of the next update/s. 😀

Cheers,

Pattle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

We are just beginning a week long series of updates today which you will see rolled out.

Updates will continue as they become available.

We are confident players will find the updates informative.

In the meantime we continue to work hard on completing the game and will present it to the community as soon as it is finished.

Cheers  😁

• Upvote 3