JG1_Wittmann

Bridgehead at Spas

First mission  I've done, would like to share.   Still working on the editor,  this  should prove  some fun, maybe challenging

BAS.7zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Could you share what the mission details are and what the objective is? 😃

Edited by Geronimo553

You'll have 1 other Tiger in your platoon.  The Assault begins with you across the river, an airborne assault is taking place.  You have to clear the town of Spas of enemy and proceed east of town to set up a defensive position.  4 half tracks, 4 PzIV's, and 2 Stug's are waiting for the para drop to begin moving up from behind.  When the Halftracks arrive, you will get 4 flak guns to assist in defense. The Para drop comes with 2 Pak guns deployed.  The counter Assaults will arrive from the south, east and ENE of town.  Destroy all enemy armor for mission success.

The Enemy Armor consists of T-34's, Kv1's, Kv1S's, T70's, and some scout cars. There is enemy artillery that is targeting the town as well, a good distance away

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I have tried to open the file, but have not been successful.  7zip is a new compression tool to me.  Any advice?  I have downloaded and installed the 7zip application.  It remains a puzzle.

Very nice mission, thx :hunter:

6 hours ago, photog95661 said:

I have tried to open the file, but have not been successful.  7zip is a new compression tool to me.  Any advice?  I have downloaded and installed the 7zip application.  It remains a puzzle.

Right click the file instead of double clicking it. You’ll see ‘Open with 7zip’ (or something like that) in the choices.

• Thanks 1

Here you go, I didn't have winzip installed.   Any feedback good or bad  would be much appreciated

BAS.zip

• Thanks 2

hello

Great mission, many thanks

One point though: bith in the village and the later waves , enemy tanks seem to be able to shoot without direct line of sight: in the village through houses, and seeing through the hill. Did you notice the same ?

I did notice that,   not sure   hopefully devs are working on that.  If you camera view the KV's    they are firing without line of sight,  it seems,   sometimes the turret is just visible and you can take them out.  I'm  surprised the other Tiger does not do more, and the Flak's don't account for much.   It is  troubling that toknock them all out you need to do like 95% of the work,  or maybe that is just my own observation.  After my recent tests on the Stug 43  and PzIV,   they are not worth much of anything except for T70's and scout cars, trucks, AT guns,  etc

Thanks for the mission.  It is a real lug fest!  Also and just as importantly, thanks for the assistance with 7zip and the provision of a zip file.  Can't enjoy the mission without it being made nor the ability to open the mission file.  Have I said "thanks' yet?

A great mission , well hidden Tanks take you by surprise , the line of sight will no doubt be sorted , hey guys this is just a beta remember and we are all testers !   so get testing and help the dev's   cheers for the mission SDM !

20190515220124_1.jpg

20190515220328_1.jpg

20190515220345_1.jpg

• Like 1

I'm working on a follow up mission to this one.  Have the core done, just hammering out  the wrinkles.   I will be  very thankful when the AI Path-finding  and the AI aiming point is fixed.  Possibly will upload to a new thread this weekend, we'll see.

If anyone  has suggestions  on different things to try,  feel free to  express them,  more ideas, will, a lot of times end up in a better product.  Bridgehead  had German Para Drop, and  a battery of Russian artillery firing,  on Spas,    good or bad for those ?   I believe I was tracked by that arty,   and they blew up my lead halftrack one time,   blocking the entire relief column due to pathfinding.   But  I ran that mission alot of times fine tuning. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 104th_IronMike said:

Would you mind updating this mission? It doesnt seem to work currently, thanks. Great stuff!

Thanks for bumping this thread. I completely missed that mission.

@WaNTRD, thanks for sharing this mission. I can confirm that it doesn't work currently. I would definitely like to give it a try.

@104th_IronMike, simply go to your game's mission file and delete the MSBIN file of the mission. When you then start the mission, the game writes a new MSBIN file and the mission runs.

Edited by Yogiflight

At work so can't  do  anything with it.   I believe ( anyone  that does know pipe in ),  that if you open the mission up in the editor and Re-save it  that it will work with current version.

or try the above -  "simply go to your game's mission file and delete the MSBIN file of the mission. When you then start the mission, the game writes a new MSBIN file and the mission runs."     or  try deleting the msbin,  opening in editor and then save.   One of those methods  will work  to get it running.

I will add, that with the current state of  turret train, and gun elevation control,   this mission should be alot more challenging  than  previously.

Edited by WaNTRD
change

1 minute ago, WaNTRD said:

At work so can't  do  anything with it.   I believe ( anyone  that does know pipe in ),  that if you open the mission up in the editor and Re-save it  that it will work with current version.

I can't say for 7zip, but I downloaded the mission today with WinZip and I have the six or so files in the Missions section of the games data folder. One of them is the MSBIN file. I deleted it and started the game. The mission was running.