von_Michelstamm

A different way to wear a head tracking clip

I attached it to a cheap laundry clip, put a bit of weatherstripping in the clip jaws for padding. Then I clip it on my glasses.

Now headphones are optional and I can easily take it on and off.

Bonus, it sits far forward enough that my face or the phones don’t obscure the IR lights when turning my head.

D6B4E823-4F59-4F59-AF26-5D5D1A6986CD.jpeg

7B302D25-2C83-4352-8515-96F5E98DB054.jpeg

Nice :) Is that a Ravcore Javelin joystick that you have or the original VBK Gladiator version?  I ask cause I have the same stick and could only find it in Poland so it is surprising to see someone else who has it too. I unscrewed the hat switch though as it was hurting one of my fingers and not really needed with a trackir.

Posted (edited)

I simply use a thin long piece of fine velcro to attach the IR clip to my headphones. It works out quite nicely.

YuJG3JZ.thumb.jpg.1660ae7c5e69d224468cc411c06062d0.jpg

Edited by Geronimo553

On 5/13/2019 at 5:00 AM, Fennec said:

Nice :) Is that a Ravcore Javelin joystick that you have or the original VBK Gladiator version?  I ask cause I have the same stick and could only find it in Poland so it is surprising to see someone else who has it too. I unscrewed the hat switch though as it was hurting one of my fingers and not really needed with a trackir.

No, it’s the original! The only vkb thing in stock, to the point you can order them off of Amazon.

I’d been holding off for a gunfighter pro kg12 with extension but those seem like they’re years off, so I broke down and got the gladiator.

I like the hat switch, I use it for bombs and rockets, and used vkbconfig to make the pinky function as both a button and a switch.

so when I hold it it does teamspeak in multiplayer and makes the hat give radio commands in SP