Would you like BOS to be 64bit only or 32bit??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

32 or 64 who cares, rather several dearly missed aircraft added!

Before I would vote for 32 or 64 bit I would rather see the Bf 110 or the Ju 88

in the game.

You do realise that the artists working on those planes are not the ones who will program 64bit support, right? :P

• 4 weeks later...

This has to be the silliest thread on the forum. The beta is due to be released within a few weeks. The developers will have decided the issue months ago. Nothing anyone posts here can possibly make any difference.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm still using a 32-bit computer though that's because my university was giving upgrade copies of Windows 7 Ultimate for $10 and I had a 32-bit XP at the time.

I might be wrong but... license doesn't exactly precise whether you're buying one version or another. Upgrade certainly wouldn't go from XP to 7 x64 but license allows you to reinstall clean 7 Ultimate x64 and then activate it by contacting Microsoft as far as I remember.

64bit all the way. I've received 32bit already in ArmA3... it's time to entirely forbid developing for 32bit unless you're creating non-demanding software. And simulators aren't non-demanding. I hope BoS will use my hardware to it's full potential since I'm getting bored with fps issues tied to ancient engines that are incapable of using more than 40% of my GPU, CPU or even 25% of my RAM memory.

32 or 64 who cares, rather several dearly missed aircraft added!

Before I would vote for 32 or 64 bit I would rather see the Bf 110 or the Ju 88

in the game.

Maybe those who don't want to bother CloD performance issues all over again? With them present it wouldn't matter much if Bf110 or Ju88 was in the game or not :]

(although I will admit Bf110 is what I'm waiting for the most after release :3)

Edited by Marrond
  • 3 weeks later...

explain to me in what situation a flight sim such as this one would make use of the 64-bit instructions?

if you can give me one logical reason, backed up with proof this game actually uses those instruction sets, then i will say 64bit.... btw i have a i7 2600k... so...

If I remember right, ROF can benefit from 64 OS.....it can utilize more RAM than it used right after release....AFAIK it is prepatched 32 bit software which can utilize more RAM as some 64 bit games....

Edited by Tvrdi

explain to me in what situation a flight sim such as this one would make use of the 64-bit instructions?

The game does not need to directly utilize 64 bit instructions - the compiler will. 64 bit CPUs also have more registers, meaning it can theoretically run better simply by re-compiling for 64 bit exe. Not to mention you can address more RAM.

A bit sad to see BoS is still 32bit EXE :)

Late to the discussion, but better late than never :blush:

Last time I upgraded my rig I got an i7 Windows Pro 64 bit just for games like this I knew would come along eventually. Most of my Adobe software I use on the same rig for work is still 32 bit, but that's not why I went 64 bit. :) ( Also as has been said; DX 11 would be nice too)

Can't go wrong with planning for the future.

64 bit here :cool:

Cheers

Triad

Edited by Triad773