namhee2

Hawker Hurricane in Stalingrad

Posted (edited)

151-4.jpg.b2ece358c3d045ae0c5b6644d6424e32.jpg

I miss an important plane, at the Battle of Stalingrad.This one here, the need to see him soon in the game?

Edited by namhee2
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I bet it will come out soooooon,with 29.99usd price and half a year's waiting.

They were there, but of the maps we currently have, they were more prevalent at Moscow, at least according to this webpage, https://vvsairwar.com/2018/06/20/the-soviet-unions-hawker-hurricanes/

Either way the Hurricane would make a nice addition (even if it's just more easy cannon-fodder for the Luftwaffe :) ) as a collector plane that would fit both maps and fill in another missing piece of the jigsaw.

I would also like to see an earlier version of the P-40 than the E version we currently have and it would make a nice compliment to the Hurricane in the missing lend-lease department

Murmansk... enough said (and we need the flippin map)

• Upvote 1

Yes, actually in the early stages of "Fall Blau", some Hurricane II were involved: A whole IAD (roughly equivalent to a German Jagdgeschwader) plus later a fourth IAP (equivalent to Gruppe), but they were very quickly decimated. The Jagdwaffe claimed about 50 Hurris during June - August 1942 in the Southern sector.

On 1st of August only three combat-ready planes remained; all Hurris were destroyed when the Soviets left Kalach-on-Don. 

I would be willing to pay for it. Is an important plane

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I definitely think it should be on the short list for future stand-alone plane releases.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

I'm a Hurribus lover back from CloD. I would definitively get it to show those posh tossers in their fancy Spits and Jerry a proper stiff upper lip. Tut tut, tally-ho and god save the king.

Edited by Mauf
  • Haha 5

Once they've done the Mossie. 

Would be great to have a Hurricane & Typhoon as collectors, could do a whole war Hawker career....

only after Spitfire XIV, Typhoon, Mosquito, B-25 ... so in 4-6 years ... and only for less then 10$

• Confused 1

Just now, 77.CountZero said:

only after Spitfire XIV, Typhoon, Mosquito, B-25 ... so in 4-6 years ... and only for less then 10$

You sir are an uncouth knave who does not appreciate the greatness that is that reliable, stable warhorse called Hawker Hurricane:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

If we could pre-pay then I think the old Hurri would receive quite a few donations

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

I definitely think it should be on the short list for future stand-alone plane releases.

I agree ..

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I would love to fly it, for personal reasons, but it would feel underpowered against all opposing aircraft, like the LaGG. Even in the Moscow map time frame.

Edited by danielprates

9 minutes ago, danielprates said:

I would love to fly it, for personal reasons, but it would feel underpowered against all opposing aircraft, like the LaGG. Even in the Moscow map time frame.

Flying only the most powerful aircraft is for boring people. The Hurricane will be a fantastic turner filled to the brim with machine guns, I'm sure it'll catch a few people with their pants down

• Upvote 1

Like most of you guys, me too I would love to have a Hurricane in the game.

And I wouldn't mind paying more than usual for it.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

• Upvote 1

A more important addition for Moscow would, and should be, the LaGG 3 series 4.

Just sayin'.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Just sayin'.

Dont forget about early Yak1 and SB2. 

30 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Just sayin'.

21 minutes ago, SovietAce said:

Dont forget about early Yak1 and SB2. 

add 2-4years before hurri as collectable :)

4 hours ago, =621=Samikatz said:

Flying only the most powerful aircraft is for boring people. The Hurricane will be a fantastic turner filled to the brim with machine guns, I'm sure it'll catch a few people with their pants down

And I think it would be the stablest gun platform in the game too. 

Posted (edited)

There are many here who would love to see the Hurricane, it was there, can be used on two of the maps and offers many options here as it did in real life.;)

Something from Jason in another Hurricane topic:

On 3/8/2019 at 3:49 AM, Jason_Williams said:

Someday. But I’m two whiskeys in so who knows. 😁

Jason

There was also mention in one of the interview sessions by Shamrock of some types he would like to add, the Hurricane and Mosquito if I remember correctly were two, obviously though everything as always here depends on resources.

Live in hope guys I say, we will soon run out of all the Uber planes then we will have to shut up shop or add something with a little character.:drinks:

Edited by Missionbug
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Missionbug said:

There are many here who would love to see the Hurricane, it was there, can be used on two of the maps and offers many options here as it did in real life.;)

Something from Jason in another Hurricane topic:

There was also mention in one of the interview sessions by Shamrock of some types he would like to add, the Hurricane and Mosquito if I remember correctly were two, obviously though everything as always here depends on resources.

Live in hope guys I say, we will soon run out of all the Uber planes then we will have to shut up shop or add something with a little character.:drinks:

Hurricane, pre-order price is two bottles of single-malt, sent to Jason's house.

I think...the Hurricane was offered up in a vote vs the P-40 - and the P-40 won. Correct me if I'm wrong about that...