Thad

Our Last Bastion

Posted (edited)

Salutations To The Proud, To The Elite.. To Tankers. :salute:

This is a preliminary informational update to my next single player tank mission HTL Our Last Bastion.

Non-Historical Single Player Set Piece Tank Mission

PLAYER: Russian M4-A2 Sherman Battalion Commander

MISSION: Attack And Destroy Enemy Forces.

Time: 07:15

Date: 27th September 1942

WEATHER: Cloudy With Rain

MAIN OBJECTIVE: Destroy as many German forces as possible. Recapture territory.

SITUATION: It has been two days since the loss of Zarubovka and Spas. The Gemans immediately followed up these victories by taking Stepnoye, completing the capture of Pravoe and overruning our last airfield at Dubki. Civilians have been evacuating through a corridor to the North.

Seversk is our sectors last substantial defensive bastion. As Battalion Commander, your force has been 'un-officially' disrespected as being capitalist equipped and had been kept in reserve. But your constant demands to get into the fight and the desperate situation has finally forced the issue. You shall be deployed on the offense!

As Battalion Commander you now have the opportunity to show what your units can do. You have been ordered to take the fight to the enemy. Surprise will be you ally. For undetermined reasons the enemy has paused their advance for the last twenty four hours. Perhaps they are making repairs, refueling or rearming. Regardless, that and the worsening of weather conditions, will inhibit the Luftwaffe. Even though the routes to the enemy are long.... We shall counter attack!

RE-ENFORCEMENTS: None available. None Expected.

M4-A2 Sherman Mission by: wdboyd

NOTES: I desire to field the bulk of the your Russian force with the M4 but I'm not sure the AI will cooperate. If not, only the player will be in a Sherman.

I also desire to build in some variability into the mission objectives. ei. multiple and different attack orders each time one plays the mission (at least two). This will require additional deployment and testing work for me. After all,  I have to be challenged and don't want to do the same things over and over.

Below is the Battle Map and my Base Battalion OOB used. Please don't assault me with any historical equipment numbers. I use it only as a guide for my tank missions in IL2

Just starting tankers. Stay tuned.... same time, same frequency.

Bastian.PNG

IL2BattallionBase.png

Edited by Thad
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Looking very much forward to this mission, as I appreciated the previous a lot!

Thank you

• Thanks 1

This looks very interesting.  If I am understanding all the implications of the scenario, the Mission Editor is much more powerful than I suspected and way beyond my limited skills.  Hats off to you Thad!  I will be watching this posting for future updates.

Yes, the games Mission Editor is very flexible. One can do almost anything with it if one knows how to use it and has the time to employ its' functionality. :coffee:

Thanks Thad for all your hard work on these missions.

• Thanks 1

This should be awesome! Thanks again, Thad. 

By the way, I’ve downloaded a tank single mission wherein I was in a Tiger accompanied by 3 new Panzers and a single AI Tiger. There’s even a single Sherman opponent in the mix. Are they possible to mobilize and fight now? 

Hi. 

I did this updated mission from Veteran66 work. The tanks do work BUT I had some crashes, Do not know if this is linked.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Perhaps, my limited testing using the player tanks under AI control caused mission crashes. I will be attempting to use AI controlled player M4-A2… but I have concerns.

Regardless, If I can't, I will use other Russian tanks.

I expect and look forward to the developers presenting us with AI versions of the Tiger, Sherman and PzIII-m. Along with all future player equipment. :coffee:

Edited by Thad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok ,then!

dig.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:47 PM, BP_Lizard said:

Any development, Thad? Thanks.

Not recently. I've had a cold for the last few days. ☹️

I've had a cold for the last few days. ☹️"

A Cold ! 🤔   Good Heavens Man This is war 😡  Tank commanders  haven't got time for Colds just cold steel So Get too it the troops need direction not sniveling 😰 Hop to it🙏 

Please 😉

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Thad said:

Not recently. I've had a cold for the last few days. ☹️

Hope you feel better, man.

• Thanks 1

Hi Tanker's,

Is it possible to have a chart or list of missions for Tank Crew?
Is there a "Campaign" mode for Tank Crew?
Anyway, I'm a fan of T.C.

And in any case, a big thank you to everyone.

Posted (edited)

Salutations,

There are many tank missions available. I have a series of mission. My HTL (Hold The Line) series of Allied missions and the BTL (Breach The Line) Axis series of missions. Search the forums.

I've started feeling better now and have returned to working on my HTL Our Last Bastion allied tank mission using the M4A2 Sherman. The mission is going to be most challenging for me to put together. I will be striving to present the player with changing variable that will include two different main objectives each time the mission is played. (50% chance). There will also be variable chance for the type of enemy encountered. My brain starts to freeze up when I consider the amount of play testing I will need to do.

The player M4 seems to be working fine under AI control. I will be fielding between 30-40 AFV on the player side! That may prove problematic. Let's hope not. :coffee:

Edited by Thad
  • Thanks 3

Hi Thad,
Courage and hat for your job, it's great. I look forward to playing your new mission.
Do you think it is possible to create a career mode on T.C. as with BOS - BOM - BOK by replacing planes for tanks which will give us an infinite possibility to create a multitude of missions ???

Possible? Yes, all things are possible to those that want to do the work but I have primarily created single player missions. I have no expertise in creating any such career series.   :coffee:

i Thad,
Regarding the missions in career mode, it was just a reflection that I had in my little head. I imagine a little all the work necessary for the creation that it will entail.
Given the extent of my computer skills, I will be unable to do so. That's why I look forward to your new missions that I find great.
:clapping:

Hi Thad,

I am now looking forward to your new mission with some trepidation.  The recent update has raised the level of difficulty in tank scenarios tremendously.  Hopefully, the breadth of improvements has not made the mission editor more difficult, as well.  Thanks again for your efforts.

I've had to restart my work on the mission due to a serious computer crash that forced me to take it to a shop. End result... I lost almost all of my data. I have been attempting to reconstitute as much of it as I can.

As you mentioned, the latest update may have changed the game and mission editor difficulty aspect. I will find out how much so when I start putting the new mission back together. :salute:

Sorry to hear about your computer.  I know this is a major event.  Hopefully your repair shop is highly competent and responsive.  As for your data, I wish you the best of luck in reconstituting it.  Hardware can be replaced, but data is a whole different thing.  I will keep my eyes open to see how you are progressing.