stupor-mundi

New thread about invisible trees (obstacles), to increase visibility

There's really nothing new to be said here, about the invisible obstacles.

But I'm slowly losing the plot about the total lack of feedback from the devs on this. I've written at least two prior regular threads on this topic, and in March a bug report (see below). No response whatsoever from anyone official.

Hence this new thread. If those invisible trees drive you nuts, please respond here. I hope, the more is written on this, EVENTUALLY it might catch the eye of someone at 1C.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Stupor, its likely not an issue with the devs but with the mission builder....mission builders have the tree objects set so they are unable to sustain damage.....which would also explain why devs haven't replied....

Hi Baeumer, all I want from the devs is some statement that would clear up the situation.

If they said, what are you talking about, we aren't aware of any invisible trees in our game, go look somewhere else for the cause, this would help greatly in moving issue forward. It's really important to narrow that down in order to tackle the problem.

Or maybe it could turn out that the devs don't know about the issue because they rarely play it online (multiplayer), it could turn out to be a online-only issue.

And so on.

Or maybe it could turn out to be an issue in all modes of the game and the devs haven't encountered it because they always nicely drive on the roads, or in the open field, don't drive through people's back yards, don't drive through the forest, and so on.

What strikes me as surreal is to imagine that they do encounter the issue, as much as we do, in online multiplayer, and somehow don't think it's a big deal. Maybe they drive their tanks much more slowly and don't get their drivetrains f*** up like I do all the time.

At any rate, if they engaged in some communication about this, it could enormously help this along. After all, as pre-release users of TC we are effectively their beta testers, and they don't respond to bugs we find.

I used to be an adherent of your hypothesis about the cause being the mission builder. But in the meantime, I've encountered invisible trees in locations which I felt were unlikely to have had objects on before, so now I am sceptical. I also never spend enough time single player to have a view on whether the invisible objects exist there.

It could be valuable if someone who does this a lot could share their experience regarding that.

Perhaps a better bug report in correct place would be best approach? 

Cheers, Dakpilot

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2019 at 7:18 AM, stupor-mundi said:

I used to be an adherent of your hypothesis about the cause being the mission builder. But in the meantime, I've encountered invisible trees in locations which I felt were unlikely to have had objects on before, so now I am sceptical.

@stupor-mundi....I understand the frustration and share in each of them from haystacks, water wells, small wagons and trees made of cement....all of which are mission builder controlled settings.....I especially hate the cement trees but can live with the other objects as they are more than less avoidable.

....and I've run into my share of invisible objects....

.....and I am open to your thoughts something could be amiss....

.....but I also know that building a mission map involves populating a map with buildings trees etc and then very often someone may strip some objects out of the map....then put things back in....possibly mucking things up with multiple layers of object elements that can be left behind unintetionally....and often I suspect a mission builder does this when learning to use the mission editor and once they start to get the hang of mission building we likely inherit these invisible artifacts of prior mission building experiemts from their trial and error efforts along the way....

I like @Dakpilot idea of each of the main tanker servers having a thread for reporting objects so those mission builders who care can see what things are wrong and have some two way communications with users of their missions and get a simple hit list  of items they can attend to for continued server development and  improvement.

Edited by J5_Baeumer
spelling