I'm sure I am not the only one using a Thrustmaster Warthog for BOS.  Just curious if you guys are creating a profile in TARGET for BOS or using in game setup for the stick and throttle.  I am finding more reasons to make an external TARGET profile since some of the actions I need to perform are not available in-game.  I recognize that its an alpha so maybe all input features have not been implemented yet.  Example:  I wanted to put radiator controls on one of the hats on the throttle but the settings in-game would not allow me to have open radiator on one direction of the hat and close on the other direction.

Perhaps I'm just having a brain cramp.

Any "input" on this; pun intended.

S!

You can set it to a hat. When setting it asks to first set the value to increase aka open and then decrease aka close. I have my radiators and stuff on on the thumb switch located on stick. I have set all the settings from ingame.

I use Target for creating profiles for all my flight sims. I just prefer having the depth I can get with using Target, and having the profiles stored outside of the sim. I set them up using the default key commands for the sim , so don't really worry about those assignments getting reset.

I was using the Target Advanced GUI, which is very powerful and not so difficult to use, more recently have taken to learning the scripting editor, and have started creating scripts instead - allowing even much more depth and flexibility in what one can do. BOS is the first sim I have created a profile for using a script rather than the GUI.

Having said that, it is not for everyone. Some folks love getting into those kind of details and really tweaking how their joystick behaves for an individual flight sim, others much prefer the simplicity of just using in game assignments directly to the Warthog.

I came from using TM controllers in the past, starting way back when with the F16 FLCS, then the Cougar, and now the Warthog - so working with joystick profiles was not new to me, thought the Target software was certainly very different than the software in the past...

I would suggest for any Warthog owner, to at least download the Target manual , and have a read through it , along with the script editor manual, to see if what you can do with it sounds interesting enough to devote a little time to giving it a try and learning the software. It is not a daunting as it reads, once one digs in and starts working with it.

Edited by dburnette

S!

You can set it to a hat. When setting it asks to first set the value to increase aka open and then decrease aka close. I have my radiators and stuff on on the thumb switch located on stick. I have set all the settings from ingame.

Same here. I've got both water and oil radiator flaps set up on the thumb hat on the throttle. I kinda wish the thing had more sliders on it. I skipped target and set up all the controls and curves in game. It works just fine for me.

what I do is, before I click on the action I want,  I preset the hat switch to UP and hold it there, then I click on the Action. Then I release it, and it registers as going UP. When I have to add the control to decrease value, I go DOWN.

I hope it was a bit clear.