Sign in to follow this  
Boomerang

Game NEWS

I'm not playing that kind of micro transaction crap games so nothing to worry about, at least for me. 

6 hours ago, Arthur-A said:

I'm not playing that kind of micro transaction crap games so nothing to worry about, at least for me.

Yep, that's why i'm here as well. Just wish the tin lids shared the same view.

HMS Marulken Sim:

I missed the boat on the VR proof of concept demo, but have HMS Marulken Build144 if anyone is interested in trying it out.

Wolfpack Sim: Ended up being what it is today, thanks to the founder of subsim.com. Available on steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/490920/Wolfpack/

Posted (edited)

Tracking your every move, tracking women's "cycles", your work hours, mapping your house, and everything you do, just to sell you some crap in game.....

When you see what they are doing with freaking games, just imagine how far this crap goes with cellphones, gadgets, apps, social media, operating systems, politics, education and really every aspect of our lives.

This is Orwell's 1984 being implemented as we speak. :rtfm:

On 5/2/2019 at 2:11 PM, Arthur-A said:

Actually you too, have a lot to be worried about. They learned this from the big "tech" companies, and everyone is a victim of this crap. 

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Upvote 2

On 5/2/2019 at 6:35 PM, Boomerang said:

This article rang the alarm bells here. Darn nearly spilled my coffee reading this...

https://www.techpowerup.com/240655/leaked-ai-powered-game-revenue-model-paper-foretells-a-dystopian-nightmare

To be honest if you have some will, this won't affect you. Just like lootboxes now or hazard overall. If you know what you want, no ad will make you buy something you did not want in the first place.

AI breaking fun of game can be a problem but then you don't really need to play this games. Something i don't understand with people today, just because something has brand you love, for example star wars, it does not mean you HAVE TO play/watch everything they make even if it's big pile of trash. Just let it go. I had fun with CoD games when i was kid, it changed and is no fun anymore so i don't force myself to play it. I paid subscription for star wars the old republic but game turned into a crap in past years with bad community and devs who can't or don't want to adress problems, for example 90% of players rushing instances by skipping everything they can just to kill last boss and repeat. Devs made this instances like this, they did not bother in adding seperate group finder for full runs. So what's the point of playing game like this? I just left, plenty of games to play.

The sooner people will realise that you don't have to buy or play something the better your world will get. I was upset about SW turning into trash by disney, but it does not bother me anymore, world of "LEGENDS" is huge, i have still bunch of old games to play and books to read. After that i will just read warhammer 40k. Same with games that use this disgusting mechanics to manipulate players. I simply won't play it and move on to diffrent games. World is not going to end if you skip some game/movie or anything else.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The article is not about  buying stuff you don't want to, it's about the excessive violation of privacy proposed on those slides. Just read those slides. What's scary is how far a bloody game company is allowed to spy on people!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hahaha. 

That image is comedy gold! :lol:

I agree with everything you said. i just find it scary how even crappy gaming companies are allowed to abuse players privacy to such a level. If they are doing that, what is CIA and the other shady organizations doing...

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Like 1

Sometimes it is hard to see what you are agreeing to even when you are one of the few who reads the terms. Another problem is that often the terms *could* be interpreted as being bad but you assume 'they obviously don't mean that literally' and you accept it.

Just as an example,  here is what you agreed to if you use Discord

"By uploading, distributing, transmitting or otherwise using Your Content with the Service, you grant to us a perpetual, nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, sublicensable, and worldwide license to use, host, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display Your Content in connection with operating and providing the Service. "

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

5. Moderators oversee the different sections of the forum and they have the right to edit and delete posts or close the entire topic without explanation.

6. It is forbidden to discuss the actions of moderators and administrators in any form on the forum. All questions are to be sent via "personal message" to the administrator/moderator.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

It's, agree or not agree to use the product > generally.

With some games: I think the psychology used to manipulate targeting dopamine is not a good call. People aren't lab rats.

• Upvote 1