Posted (edited)

Aircraft Ai Improvements...YESSS nice one. Thank you Devs

step.gif

Edited by Adger
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Sunde said:

Very nice indeed.

Refueling and rearming works flawlessly in DCS, no reason it cant work here... Tho for some reason a lot of active forum members were much against this feature last it was brought up? 
  Cant wait to try the new planes as they roll out! 

I don't think it's a matter of people being dead set against it, more that a lot of people simply feel it isn't necessary or important when compared to other things, and wonder what things on their wish-list are getting deferred in preference for that feature.  As far as it making airbase attacks more meaningful, as Spartan has opined, I don't know about anybody else, but I don't intend to be caught sitting in a rearming or refueling aircraft just waiting there as a there as a target for vulchures if they are coming in...I'll just spawn out if I think I'm about to be bombed or strafed.

Edited by SeaSerpent
  • Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, SeaSerpent said:

I'll just spawn out if I think I'm about to be bombed or strafed.

Well the last time this was discussed i remember people were against it as it wasn't "realistic".

Tbh i never got that argument, makes a lot more sense than your plane vanishing and a new one appearing 😅. Spawning out is obviously an option, but hopefully the rearm/refuel will be faster than getting a new airplane set up. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

It would be awesome to see some animated mechanics loading the ammo, and fixing damages and a fuel truck pumping next to the aircraft.

Probably not going to happen but it would be awesome if you could at least see a fuel truck, ammo, some bombs etc. around your plane. And i really hope time of refuel rearm will be arcade/realism so people will have a choice, some will like 30s rearm some will like 15min one :P the more choices the better.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

It has been a brutal week (and it is only Tuesday!), but this DD definitely cheered me up. Thanks, devs!

Going from strength to strength, brilliant.

Posted (edited)

Oh my good gosh, I wasn't expecting this much content and information this week -  and not in my wildest dreams would I have expected to see AI improvements and the much debated/vaunted  refuel/rearm feature to be not just mentioned but listed as en route, in the same DD! Truly an easter miracle. Thank you, once again, for all your hard work. 

Edited by Luftschiff

Thanks for the update, devs!

The rearming and refueling could bring a whole new usefulness to forward airbases that have no aircraft allotted (or none of that a/c type).  So instead of landing and then having to respawn at a base further back, you would be able to R&R at a forward a/f, very cool.

Currently there are servers that support ferrying to a forward airbase, but in many cases you can’t use the aircraft just landed until the next mission is loaded (for example if that type had not already landed there the previous mission, using the coconuts server technique).  A lot depends on how the missions are set up. 

So having the R&R ability will just mean more options for the mission/campaign designers, which is always good.

• Upvote 1

Nice update... as usual. Thanks.:salute:

😍🥰🤩😄👍👍👍👍

Thanks for the update.  Nothing more to add :good:

“we have begun the long-awaited work on aircraft AI improvements”

That’s great news about the AI.  The work on formation logic will be very welcome and I’ll certainly be looking forward to other changes if you can make them.  The low altitude turning would be a nice one to improve upon. 

Great news! Very excited about the following:

• AI improvemnets, especially formations. Very eager to see these changes.
  • Rearm and refuel sounds great. It was not at the top of my list but if now is a good time to build it due to Tank Crew needing it, that's very welcome.
  • Sd.Kfz. 7/1 halftrack with 20 mm Flak-Vierling 38 AA gun. Is this the same that was meant to be part of Tank Crew? I'm assuming that this one is AI only.

The video is very nice and I defiinitely agree that it's the right thing to do, get some more promo content to showcase the work. I also agree that sometimes comments off is the best approach.

I'm still wondering of what surprises lay ahead. Would love to hear more about these items once they are ready:

• British and American radio voices. There was a thread to record voices from the community. WIll the results be the counterpart to the existing germand and russian comms? Or are there any changes/improvements?
  • Air Marshall/ Ground Marshall. Would love to see more specific info and details on the GUI and mechanics.
  • Fuel management plans (simplified) + droptanks. The Bodenplatte map is not going to be small.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jade_Monkey said:
  • Sd.Kfz. 7/1 halftrack with 20 mm Flak-Vierling 38 AA gun. Is this the same that was meant to be part of Tank Crew? I'm assuming that this one is AI only.

I think the one for tank crew will be the single Flak 38

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

Im confused where the P-51 stands right now. Maybe thats part of the fun?

18 minutes ago, pegg00 said:

Im confused where the P-51 stands right now. Maybe thats part of the fun?

Currently due in June.

It will be interesting to see the refuel/repair feature. But, if it's still faster to just re-spawn to get back into combat it kinda makes the whole refuel/repair feature ancillary, right?

Who knows!? Perhaps we will be pleasantly surprised by how the implementation works.

Great DD!

2 hours ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

I think the one for tank crew will be the single Flak 38

We aren’t getting any SPAA for tank crew. At least none that has been announced.

51 minutes ago, Pb_Cybermat47 said:

We aren’t getting any SPAA for tank crew. At least none that has been announced.

Jason showed the schedule a while ago and there were also two anti-aircraft vehicles as Collector vehicles. So it's not right to say there's nothing for tank crew.

Posted (edited)

Noticed that the Aldis sight doesn't look like its mounted at the same angle as the Vickers MG.  Does this mean that the line of fire of the guns will not line up with the 3d model of where the guns are pointed?  I remember this was the case in RoF and I was hoping it would get fixed in FC.  By the way thanks for getting rid of the annoying windscreen tint.

_SE5_1.jpg.48943ff0edba64486b8b10500f02c097.jpg

Edited by -332FG-Garven

Great news , amazing work guys .

Best simulator with amazing future potentials.

• Upvote 1

Nice to hear the AI box is being opened and tinkered with. 

Just a hint on the trailer: The He-111 portion doesn't really sell it that well when the first snippet is a shot of a He-111 being ripped to shreds by flak:) "Here's this great plane. It explodes really nice!.. And it also drops metric f-tons of bombs btw" isn't a great sales pitch:D

• Haha 1

They could release 5k dollars into each posters bank account and people would still complain amazing. Truly an impossible crowd. 

12 minutes ago, JonRedcorn said:

They could release 5k dollars into each posters bank account and people would still complain amazing. Truly an impossible crowd. 

Just in case: I meant it humouristic:) It's a good trailer.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Mauf said:

Just in case: I meant it humouristic:)

I don't have any strong bonds to the He-111, and even I thought likewise about the presentation.

Edited by ADorante

Great update and very nice promo vid!

Nice to hear on upcoming AI improvements also!

now only if I had friends to fly the He111 in such formations with :) That promo video looked awesome!  also big kudos for the AI improvement! I know its an iffy topic but getting them upgraded little by little is awesome! And to top it off ground rearm/resupply? Awesome! now (if I survive a run) I can just land taxi turn around go back at it :) Immersion FTW!

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, =BAIT=CG_Justin said:

It will be interesting to see the refuel/repair feature. But, if it's still faster to just re-spawn to get back into combat it kinda makes the whole refuel/repair feature ancillary, right?

Who knows!? Perhaps we will be pleasantly surprised by how the implementation works.

Great DD!

If your able to RRR only on spawn airbases then its easyer to just respawn. But if spawn bases are far and you have ability to rearm on any/or some unactive bases on your side of front then you save time by doing RRR on close base and go attack objective faster, But your risking geting strafed as base dont have flaks and if you despawn there its like you crashed.

I hope server mission maker will be able to define time for RRR.

Nice promo video and guy should make them for all expantions, it looks great.

EDIT:

as now you have non spawn airfields as objectives (located usealy close to frontlines) on most online missions, you could add this RRR ability to thouse airfields and your able to rearm there while that objective is alive, when enemy destroy it you lose RRR there, that could be aditional use of it, depending what mission maker will be able to do with that option, making that objective more important for both sides to defend/destroy.

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Upvote 3

I wonder if rearm times could be variable or if they will be fixed.  

I like the refuel/rearm option for a kind of 'forward airfield' where you can't spawn initially but is much closer to the action. Defending the forward airfield would give you a big advantage in terms of time over target, and make it not redundant when compared to despawning. I think, like the air marshall feature, online mission creators will find very clever ways to use it.

On a server like KOTA it would be interesting to have something like that where there are airfield objectives.

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure if it is new with this update or not, but I just noticed that paratroopers now land, loose their parachute and take a knee before disappearing. They used to disappear at 500 feet on the descent. Way better effect!

Nice update. Any efforts to improve AI is greatly appreciated!!!

On 4/30/2019 at 6:00 PM, Han said:

we plan to release the improved formation logic.

I hope there will be bomber formation.

1 hour ago, Jaegermeister said:

I'm not sure if it is new with this update or not, but I just noticed that paratroopers now land, loose their parachute and take a knee before disappearing. They used to disappear at 500 feet on the descent. Way better effect!

No that was never the case. Fake news.

Jason

• Like 1

Nice update! Looking forward to rearming and refueling and better AI. More planes and tanks is always good too.

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2019 at 12:41 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Yes, that's what we're doing. Many more AV elements will be added to the website and the website will be changed over time.

Jason

Before I bought ROF I didn't play anything really and hadn't played a sim since Aces of the Pacific.  I watched all those youtube trailers a lot, just for fun, and now I've bought and will buy every plane you guys make.  (I especially liked the video with Reflected's Flags and Lies.)

And awesome news about the AI.  You guys rock.

Ceowulf<>< 

Edited by Ceowulf