shredo

IL2 COD BLITZ vr support when?

I really enjoyed IL2 Cliffs of Dover with Team Fusion patches the last couple of years.

Then i got access to IL2 Battle of Stalingrad and got through a lucky coincidence a HTC VIVE.

I play IL2 BOS the last couple of months because the VR experience.

Today i watched a youtube video about Dunkirk from PhilyDaily and got reminded how awesome COD was 😮

I really woud love to play it again, but since i sold my FaceTrack NoIR device i am not able to play with headtracking anymore :((

Is VR support planned for BLITZ?

This woud be great news and something to look ahead to in 2019/2020!

• Like 1

Once you go VR there’s no going back. Lower resolution, Screen Door Effect, God Rays, makes no difference. With VR you’re in the cockpit instead of looking at the cockpit. 

Everyone says that but I tried vr and didn't care too much. TrackIR all the way for me, for the time being at least.

• Like 2

The die hard CLoD fans often appear to be vehemently against VR for some reason.. To each their own. While I fully realize as per the TF updates on the subject, that VR isn't coming to 5.0, they are going to be losing a not insignificant amount of people who ARE happy with VR... How many threads and discussions do we see on a near weekly basis about potential 5.0 buyers, asking about VR? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, [CPT]HawkeyeP said:

The die hard CLoD fans often appear to be vehemently against VR for some reason.. To each their own. While I fully realize as per the TF updates on the subject, that VR isn't coming to 5.0, they are going to be losing a not insignificant amount of people who ARE happy with VR... How many threads and discussions do we see on a near weekly basis about potential 5.0 buyers, asking about VR? 

No one is against it but some people simply don't like vr. It was already answered multiple times. Also I highly doubt VR community is so big that it will hurt clod so bad if you don't buy it.

So because you refuse to play game without VR, everyone has to wait until they add it even if game would be already done? Selfish don't you think? For die hard VR fans there is no diffrence if they get VR in 5.0 that comes out few months later than buy 5.0 few months after release when they add VR. But there is difference for people who don't give a damn about VR. Why would they be forced to wait longer just for VR they don't have nor want?

VR is cool and adding it is good thing. But deleying relase when game is done just because VR is simply stupid. Devs already said VR will come but it takes some time to add it and they won't deley entire expansion just so they can only work on VR.

Edited by InProgress

4 hours ago, [CPT]HawkeyeP said:

. How many threads and discussions do we see on a near weekly basis about potential 5.0 buyers, asking about VR? 

How many times will be need explain that for 5.0 is more important use resources (programming time, 3D working...) needed for implement VR in fix some of the hundred of CloD issues and add other features  - what is more important for 5.0 success than VR. A success that will allow a 6.0 with VR. ;)

Add VR to CloD in their actual state will lead to just "15 minutes" of interest and uninstall when face the same old issues.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, InProgress said:

No one is against it but some people simply don't like vr. It was already answered multiple times. Also I highly doubt VR community is so big that it will hurt clod so bad if you don't buy it.

So because you refuse to play game without VR, everyone has to wait until they add it even if game would be already done? Selfish don't you think? For die hard VR fans there is no diffrence if they get VR in 5.0 that comes out few months later than buy 5.0 few months after release when they add VR. But there is difference for people who don't give a damn about VR. Why would they be forced to wait longer just for VR they don't have nor want?

VR is cool and adding it is good thing. But deleying relase when game is done just because VR is simply stupid. Devs already said VR will come but it takes some time to add it and they won't deley entire expansion just so they can only work on VR.

You're assuming  I haven't already bought Blitz, and am refusing to buy 5.0.  Sorry, wrong on both counts. I support Team Fusion and hope they keep development up, and if you read my post, I did state that I understand why VR isn't coming. I was simply stating my point of view. I don't appreciate being told I'm being selfish when that isn't the case at all.

Edited by [CPT]HawkeyeP

Just now, [CPT]HawkeyeP said:

I did state that I understand why VR isn't coming

But it is coming, just not in 5.0. There is no need to hurry, it will come when it's ready and i think that's the best mentality devs can have, instead of releasing broken game, we have too many of them these days anyway. I only meant there is no need to delay finished expansion just so it can have VR. Like i said, no one is against vr, at least i did not see people who did not want it to be added, if it brings more people then great! But there simply can't be everything added at once. At least we got info that VR will come so everyone should calm down because it's coming :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, InProgress said:

But it is coming, just not in 5.0. There is no need to hurry, it will come when it's ready and i think that's the best mentality devs can have, instead of releasing broken game, we have too many of them these days anyway. I only meant there is no need to delay finished expansion just so it can have VR. Like i said, no one is against vr, at least i did not see people who did not want it to be added, if it brings more people then great! But there simply can't be everything added at once. At least we got info that VR will come so everyone should calm down because it's coming :rolleyes:

And once again, in my first post - I said I am aware it will be coming, post 5.0 as per Team Fusion updates on the topic.  

I think a lot of the long term Blitz / Team Fusion fans are likely tired of trying to explain this topic and get their hackles up when the topic is brought up. My point from the beginning was simply that, there seems to be a post/comment/question about VR in this forum on a weekly basis... It is a desirable feature that will ultimately bring more customers in the long run. You don't have to agree  - that is fine. It is simply my opinion. No need to call me selfish over that.

Edited by [CPT]HawkeyeP

7 minutes ago, [CPT]HawkeyeP said:

It is a desirable feature that will ultimately bring more customers in the long run. You don't have to agree

It is true but like it was said before, it's impossible to add it to 5.0 unless they would not release 5.0 when it's ready and just work on VR to add it in 5.0. I did not call you selfish, i said it would be selfish to think VR should come with 5.0 even if that means delaying entire expansion even tho it's ready and people could play it.

Spoiler

Peace-GIGI-ICONE-Poster-i-standardram.jp

Edited by InProgress

1 minute ago, InProgress said:

It is true but like it was said before, it's impossible to add it to 5.0 unless they would not release 5.0 when it's ready and just work on VR to add it in 5.0. I did not call you selfish, i said it would be selfish to think VR should come with 5.0 even if that means delaying entire expansion even tho it's ready and people could play it.

So because you refuse to play game without VR, everyone has to wait until they add it even if game would be already done? Selfish don't you think? 

This statement implies you are assuming that I refuse to play Blitz (due to no VR) and am selfish for it. But I do play it in it's current state, with TrackIR. I will also be buying 5.0 whenever it drops.

2 minutes ago, [CPT]HawkeyeP said:

This statement implies you are assuming that I refuse to play Blitz (due to no VR) and am selfish for it. But I do play it in it's current state, with TrackIR. I will also be buying 5.0 whenever it drops.

Well there were question marks.

I'm a VR player so won't play CLoD as long as it's not supporting VR. I hope the devs chose the right path and that the potential players that would join if it had VR support aren't so big (or bigger than the current player base).

The Battle of Britain is one of my favourite eras so I'm very much looking forward to be able to play this game again! ☺️

i asked tbe very wuestion on the youtube channel yesterday after watching the new desert spitfire video. the devs xame straight back to say its no1 priorty after 5.0 release

Got to say I have Oculus and it's enjoyable to fly BoX, but I just can't stand the low resolution compared to my monitor. So I use VR for a bit of fun but just can't see it being competitive until there is 1080p per eye at least. 

So I get why everyone is keen but I just don't see it as priority at the moment... for me anyway. 

17 minutes ago, Mysticpuma said:

Got to say I have Oculus and it's enjoyable to fly BoX, but I just can't stand the low resolution compared to my monitor. So I use VR for a bit of fun but just can't see it being competitive until there is 1080p per eye at least. 

So I get why everyone is keen but I just don't see it as priority at the moment... for me anyway. 

You only play multiplayer? For me as a mainly SP guy, competitiveness is not a big deal as long as I stand a chance against the AI (which I fortunately do 😄).

• Upvote 1

On 6/30/2019 at 3:17 PM, frosen said:

You only play multiplayer? For me as a mainly SP guy, competitiveness is not a big deal as long as I stand a chance against the AI (which I fortunately do 😄).

Nope, Single Player only, but as someone who has worked in visual media for 30+ years, I like everything sharp and high quality. 

I do like the immersion of BoX in VR and DCS, but only as a 'that's cool' moment. I just don't find the quality of the Rift good enough to be involved in searching out ground targets and long distance spotting. It's fun but not a necessity until the quality is much better, for me at least. 

I too am patiently waiting for VR support with CLoD and then I will buy and hammer it to death :lol:

Please get a move on with this devs - it's almost 2020 - what flight sim does not support VR in this day and age?

On 11/15/2019 at 10:07 AM, thebackgroundman said:

I too am patiently waiting for VR support with CLoD and then I will buy and hammer it to death :lol:

Please get a move on with this devs - it's almost 2020 - what flight sim does not support VR in this day and age?

The best one.

Edited by sunrrrise
  • Like 2

As we have mentioned previously, once TF 5.0 is published and out the door, adapting VR to the game will become a coding priority.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

21 hours ago, SPEEDWULF77 said:

with VR support i buy it instantly,  with no VR i dont ..

Impossible to go back , thats for shure

Buzzsaw said they where gonna work on VR after release.  Being that he's said this multiple times, I'm sure he knows that VR support would bump up numbers as it has it great battles.   They seem to be doing good work and if we support them maybe it will go faster ...buying the game and showing support shouldn't break the bank for u.  I've bought the game but like most won't play it until VR comes ...let's try and support these guys a bit, flight sims is a niche community and we all need to help out to get what we want 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, -332FG-Buddy said:

I've bought the game but like most won't play it until VR comes ...let's try and support these guys a bit, flight sims is a niche community and we all need to help out to get what we want 

As far as i know not a single $ comes to TF from blitz. (could be wrong but it's info i saw long time ago somewhere on forum), they will start making $ on africa.

17 hours ago, InProgress said:

As far as i know not a single $ comes to TF from blitz. (could be wrong but it's info i saw long time ago somewhere on forum), they will start making $ on africa.

We can't talk about the specific financial details of TF's agreement with 1C, but although TF 5.0 is a better opportunity, TF does receive compensation for TF 4.5.

We have no complaints regarding our arrangement... just happy to have an opportunity to play around with the game... something we were doing for free before.  😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2