Sign in to follow this  
jann3man

Tank crew multiplayer dead??

I've played a couple of tank multiplayer matches on Efront tanks and some more on battle of prokhorovka (really liked that server) but lately i dont see these servers.. sometimes i see Efront with 1-4 players in it..

It just feels like nobody wants to play tanks? maybe im online on the wrong times? im not sorry for buying the tank crew because it helps the development of the game but it does feel like i only bought it for the single player mode.

How do you guys feel about the future of tank crew? im hoping it will grow

I was yesterday on E-front. From 11 Red Players are 8 flying an Plane. The 3 Blue Players drive Tanks.

Any more Questions?

We have an inter squad objective based mission we do and we still have lots of fun despite some obvious needed fixes.  A couple of frustrating flaws we find is the line of site issues when facing AI artillery, in addition to trying to snake a round past an opening in the trees etc....  AI tanks will flicker off and on at times, one second it’s there another it’s not.

The pluses that I’m seeing though is the game does allow some simulation into combat tactics and movement with multiple tanks and gives us some really neat immersion.  When you look from side to side and see and hear 8 or so Tiger tanks rumbling towards an objective and listen to the radio communication as guys scan for targets and use the lay of the land to their advantage it’s a hoot.

Right now I limit the number of aircraft drastically and we only have plans for reduced air elements based on wanting to focus on the land threats first.  Later we will put some organized air elements up, or use planes as recon scouts only.  It’s a matter of focusing server resources on specific areas which we can do when you have a group like SCG.

i hope the multiplayer servers start coming on line though, but I think it’s going to take some more fixes.....to bring in more players.

• Like 4

TC is the only module i play, but i am not interested in MP.

it is very early days yet ,  no need for worry ,  it will flourish once it is fully implemented , as   SCG_Neun  said , the immersion is superb when in full flow , the thrill of stalking and being stalked on an open battlefront is spot on ..

atb oxo

Posted (edited)
9 часов назад, 1./JG42flesch сказал:

I was yesterday on E-front. From 11 Red Players are 8 flying an Plane. The 3 Blue Players drive Tanks.

Any more Questions?

Hello!

I apologize, could not resist ... On the EFront server there are statistics, you can look at your last visit to the server http://e-front.publicvm.com:8000/ru/en/mission/704/

Here are the questions ... Let's see what and how. 47 people participated in the mission, 22 of them flew on airplanes, out of 22 pilots for the red 13 for the blue flew 8 (including YOU) and one for both sides. The second question is why you leave the game during the flight when you can be knocked down, agree to the behavior of the children ... You can see your fair play index is 45 (http://e-front.publicvm.com:8000/ru/pilot/91/1./JG42flesch/?tour=4) Any more questions?

In my opinion, the answer from a person with such an index of fair play is truthful exactly on this index ...

Now about the game online ... As I understand it, the biggest "problem" of the tank game is aviation. On the last map of Prokhorovka (p1), there are anti-aircraft guns in place of such bases, so that enemy planes do not bomb the newly born, attack aircraft and bombers are limited, fighters do not have bombs ... All these measures limit aviation.

Most importantly, I see you got a regiment of tankers - this is very good for a team game, but not enough to win. You need pilots for cover and that there is a constant connection with aviation. Then it will be much more interesting, and the victory on any map will definitely be YOUR.

Thank. Good luck!

P.S. I translated the briefings of maps into several languages, but I find it difficult to judge what happened (clear mission tasks?) On the map of Prokhorovka (p1) there is a minefield in test mode, since the producers of the game do not have such a function, it is purely we came up with (from what is) -)) and would like to know whether it works in the game or not? -))

I do not speak English, so I will use Google translator ...

Edited by 63RUS_WorM
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
On 4/28/2019 at 8:23 AM, Dogbert1953 said:

TC is the only module i play, but i am not interested in MP.

I would encourage you to try it, it’s very satisfying to be a part of a tank squared advancing towards a city or enemy post. Unless some jerk want to play WoT then it’s just annoying, however I enjoyed my sessions this weekend, we had a good time. 

I would also also add that airplane support is key to a good campaigns, however some of the maps are huge, even in MP, now I don’t mind driving for 10 min to get to the front, but we need more options regarding, refueling, repairs and so on. Sometimes you need to end the mission just to get a fresh tank as you are damaged and can’t repair it. I haven’t managed to run out of fuel, but if we play on large maps it would be an issue for sure. 

I dont like MP where the goal is to get as many kills as possible, I like when you need to capture key points, tanks are used to capture these points, airplanes are used to protect tanks and to hammer the enemy and to do recon. 

Edited by Slater
  • Upvote 1

The few multiplayer games i have tried over the years, no one seems to take them seriously.

Different types of game from RTS to FPS, so i tend to stay away from playing MP and just do my own thing.

Plus i am not to good at any of them, so i tend to get killed pretty quickly.  😄 😄

Mike.

On 4/28/2019 at 3:36 AM, jann3man said:

I've played a couple of tank multiplayer matches on Efront tanks and some more on battle of prokhorovka (really liked that server) but lately i dont see these servers.. sometimes i see Efront with 1-4 players in it..

It just feels like nobody wants to play tanks? maybe im online on the wrong times? im not sorry for buying the tank crew because it helps the development of the game but it does feel like i only bought it for the single player mode.

Sometimes aircraft based servers will include sub missions for tank crews. So it's worth to check into those servers as well for tankers. 

1 minute ago, Geronimo553 said:

Sometimes aircraft based servers will include sub missions for tank crews. So it's worth to check into those servers as well for tankers. 

Yeah, there are many of these missions, coconuts had them in the past quite a while ago.

Also I´m working on a Coop mission with combined arms as well, its a big tank battle. Keep your eyes peeled for "Burning Steppe"!

• Like 1