SP1969

So, about this map....

Any news?

Sorry if I missed it, but has a WW1 map been released yet and if not, have there been any indications as to when it is likely to happen?

I may be in the minority, but I'm not flying FC until the map makes an appearance.

I really hope they go to town on it and produce a stupendous example of a living breathing WWI environment and front line!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

I may be in the minority, but I'm not flying FC until the map makes an appearance.

I really hope they go to town on it and produce a stupendous example of a living breathing WWI environment and front line!

So I discovered the creator of Old Geezers FC server has worked hard and created some terrain to fight above that is significantly more aesthetic than the usual repurposed BoX map. My server of first choice for the time being.

Edited by Rattlesnake
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

I sincerely hope you're not in the minority !

• Upvote 1

I can't wait till the map is released I wish it would be soon, until then it is what it is, Flying a part of an unfinished game.  Blue Skies. FC

No FC or BOBP for me until the maps are released.

I only play TC and have done for weeks.

20 hours ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

I sincerely hope you're not in the minority !

Because if he is we are in trouble, big trouble.

• Upvote 1

The map might be released on the third quarter. My bet is around September, October. I'm not in a hurry. Let them do a good job. The current maps are beautiful and I'm having a blast with the improved game engine and its effects on the flight models. The SE5a and the Albatros are coming, so pretty son things will start to heat up over here. The map will just cap it.

• Upvote 1

I’m writing just to echo, let’s hope for a good job even if it’s later on.  

For me, I plan on supporting Flying Circus in every stage of infancy.   We don’t have another.  

Ceowulf<><    

Thanks chaps. 

I'm with Trooper. I haven't even tried the new aeroplanes as yet. 

Looking in every now and then to see if something has changed, but I became very bored with low level furballs over WW2 Russian terrain.

It sounds to me like its still very much a work in progress. This comes from my recent Q&A with Jason:

We have yet to see the Arras map. Is the Ugra Media team that is building it doing that on their own or is it a collaboration with the 1CGS team?

Jason: “They are doing it for the most part on their own, with our supervision and guidance. We haven’t seen it either yet, but it’s being worked on as we speak.”

https://stormbirds.blog/2019/03/21/part-3-an-interview-with-jason-williams-on-tank-crew-and-flying-circus/

Ugra's Normandy map for DCS looks great (it matured fairly well over time) and their recent images from their middle east map for DCS is also very impressive. These guys know how to do maps though never for IL-2: GBS so I'm sure there's a learning curve. That said I have some high hopes to see a pretty good looking WWI themed map and hopefully one that helps portent more in the future.

Are they including seasons for the Arras map? I agree that everything we've seen from Ugra is very nice looking. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JG1_Hotlead_J10 said:

The Moscow map came with different seasons IIRC.

That's very encouraging. If not upon first release, but hopefully soon after. 

Posted (edited)

Are 'mission capabilities' part of the map scope? Things like recon missions, who programs those, the map maker or game dev? 

I assume game devs do and then map maker needs to support 'x' number of defined missions. But anyone know for sure

Edited by US103_Baer

6 minutes ago, US103_Baer said:

Are 'mission capabilities' part of the map scope? Things like recon missions, who programs those, the map maker or game dev? 

I assume game devs do and then map maker needs to support 'x' number of defined missions. But anyone know for sure

The map is just geography, with features (towns, airfields etc) on it. It doesn't 'support' missions except as a place to put them.

No campaign either... (might come later if FC sells well and warrants it).

However... PWCG 'will' be made available for campaigns if Pat get's his way  :)

Boistrancourt....not just the hangars with the burms, but also the Chateau...the observation tower and beet factory in the back.... hoping they remembered the files and pics we sent quite a while back to Jason ....if not he knows where to find them....

• Upvote 2