Sign in to follow this  
shredo

IL2 BOS career no assignment

can someone confirm the issue that in career you get to a point where you not get assigned to flights anymore?

i ranked up to OBERLEUTNANT and beeing the STELLVERTRETENDE STAFFELKOMMANDANT,

and since that moment i got 1 mission after 15 advanced days.And that 1 mission i only got because i

transfered to another staffel...

the thing is my name allways is listed in the 2nd or 3rd mission of the day, but when i advance time and the next mission

is loaded in my name allways dissapeared from the assigned roster oO?

its really strange, when i startet my career i got a flight every day oO? oO? oO?

Once I made the mistake of setting my pilot's background to architect, which in time led me to be assigned to a non-flying office job in Berlin designing the future Germania, and was subsequently promoted to Minister of Armaments. It ended up being quite lucrative, but a bit less enjoyable from a flight sim perspective.

• Haha 2

Yes I am having the same issue.

My pilot is a major in I./JG52 and the deputy commander. If for example my squadron has three missions to fly in a day and my pilot is on the roster to fly all three missions after completing the first mission then clicking the proceed button my pilot is then removed from the roster to fly the next two missions.

Also if my pilot is not on the roster to fly the first mission of the day but is due to fly the second and/or the third mission after I click the proceed button to get the first mission out of the way my pilot is removed from the roster to fly the second and/or third  missions and my pilot does not fly at all that day.

I have transferred to other fighter units but the issue persisted. Have included some screen shots below.

image.png.2c6e891f4d7cb7be243fb49cd47a8f73.png

image.png.6437c6efff2fb187d1c51e0696773104.png

image.png.28c146eacd59aa3e928afca14a4f67b7.png

image.png.aab57066d46d94ab34603b76f8834381.png

image.png.6e8ee85d51ce29c0c83a14f83a7269ae.png

On 4/27/2019 at 1:02 PM, bob2180 said:

Yes I am having the same issue.

My pilot is a major in I./JG52 and the deputy commander. If for example my squadron has three missions to fly in a day and my pilot is on the roster to fly all three missions after completing the first mission then clicking the proceed button my pilot is then removed from the roster to fly the next two missions.

Also if my pilot is not on the roster to fly the first mission of the day but is due to fly the second and/or the third mission after I click the proceed button to get the first mission out of the way my pilot is removed from the roster to fly the second and/or third  missions and my pilot does not fly at all that day.

I have transferred to other fighter units but the issue persisted. Have included some screen shots below.

image.png.2c6e891f4d7cb7be243fb49cd47a8f73.png

image.png.6437c6efff2fb187d1c51e0696773104.png

image.png.28c146eacd59aa3e928afca14a4f67b7.png

image.png.aab57066d46d94ab34603b76f8834381.png

image.png.6e8ee85d51ce29c0c83a14f83a7269ae.png

YES! this is exactly the issue i have!

I dont understand the idea behind this? So is beeing the Deputy Commander or Commander a no-go in career if you want to actually fly a mission?

pretty stupid game design... at least they coud warn you about this at the start of a new career 🤨

On 4/24/2019 at 9:56 PM, engrish_major said:

Once I made the mistake of setting my pilot's background to architect, which in time led me to be assigned to a non-flying office job in Berlin designing the future Germania, and was subsequently promoted to Minister of Armaments. It ended up being quite lucrative, but a bit less enjoyable from a flight sim perspective.

so commanders and deputy commanders didnt flew any missions in WW2 or what do you wanna tell me with this comment?

but quiet funny anyway d(@_@)d

Edited by shredo

I just had an issue where I moved to the next day but had no mission available.

The previous mission I had an AI take my place and passed the mission. Then when I moved to the next day there was no mission available.

Flying in the VVS I was taken off duty for a long time I thought I had got into conflict with the Party and beeing picked up by the NKVD! I was back in flying again after many days but I was eventually executed on the 2 feb 1942 for war crimes! So wach out for the Gestapo, they might be on your tails! Don´t speak loud of your misery, they might hear you!

Hello,

after completing a Moscow career (MiG 3, I-16 and P-40), I continue with the same character into the Stalingrad career and I started to have the same issue as the OP.

Is there a solution to this?

@shredo, @bob2180 - did you finally solve that problem?

Thanks,

Milan