I recieved a 659mb update as I type this right now.

Am I the only one?

• Upvote 2

yes

updated to 3.012c. Search forum for 3.012c for details

Just tried to log in; I'm on Steam though. Only says to update the game, but Steam doesn't have it yet. 

Wonder what's in this thing.

• Upvote 1

I was a few second too fast.... 😉

Mod´s please delete this topic. Thx

3 minutes ago, MarderIV said:

Just tried to log in; I'm on Steam though. Only says to update the game, but Steam doesn't have it yet. 

Wonder what's in this thing.

That just happened to me too... What did u do??

Just now, Dodskult-Arze said:

That just happened to me too... What did u do??

Just waited a few. Update's pushing through right now. 

Posted (edited)

The game has been just updated to 3.012c:

- The random crash bug has been found and fixed (the game could crash when a plane impacted the ground)
- The calculation of a tank turret armor penetration corrected (the internal explosion of APHE shells)
- Spitfire IX now has 4K textures and skins made by Martin 'ICDP' Catney
- Bf 109 K-4 4K textures updated by Martin 'ICDP' Catney

- Minor text fixes.

SF9_4K.jpg

Edited by Willy__
  • Thanks 1

Just downloaded and installed an update.  (I do not use Steam.)

Posted (edited)

262 today ? Damn I guess not today.

Edited by Silverback
update
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Silverback said:

262 today ?

Two-weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Two-weeks.

better be :P

• Haha 1

D/Lng right now and mine is 659.30mb.  As long as it works.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Willy__ said:

The game has been just updated to 3.012c

Nice but... devs, please accept a little rant from my side here:

Why on earth can't you - at least - say a word here about such updates in the official announcements section or, even better additionally, give server operators a clue in the server console?

Does it really always have to be like this that Server Operators just stumble upon those updates either by pure chance or by people reporting massive issues (ghost sounds, graphics glitches, sortie results not matching actual sortie events) like we did just now?

Come on guys, can't be that hard, really.

Just a single line post "3.012c has been released" in an announcement thread would do and another single line "3.012c has been released" after each "Mission loaded successfully" on the server console would be the cherry on the cake.

That's really a no-brainer.

:drinks:

Mike

Edited by SAS_Storebror
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, SAS_Storebror said:

Nice but... devs, please accept a little rant from my side here:

Why on earth can't you - at least - say a word 

They did.  There is an announcement in the update discussions thread.

51 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

in the update discussions thread.

Let me loosely quote the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

“There’s no point in acting surprised about it. All the planning charts and demolition orders have been on display at your local planning department in Alpha Centauri for 50 of your Earth years, so you’ve had plenty of time to lodge any formal complaint and it’s far too late to start making a fuss about it now. … What do you mean you’ve never been to Alpha Centauri? Oh, for heaven’s sake, mankind, it’s only four light years away, you know. I’m sorry, but if you can’t be bothered to take an interest in local affairs, that’s your own lookout.”

Do I see an announcement about the new game version in a section called "Announcements"?

This one for instance? https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/7-announcements/

I mean there should be a reason for calling that section "Announcements", shouldn't it?

And if a new game update isn't worth announcing, what on earth is the Game Updates thread for then?

And if they managed to announce 3.010b and c, why is there no announcement for 3.012b and c?

But I understand... they did tell.

I just needed to go down the old broken stairs, into the dark cellar, across the tons of gravel, break through the locked steel gate, pass the lion, open the toilet and grab the announcement out of the flushing. The local planning department in Alpha Centauri aka "dig through some random discussion threads", that's understood.

Mike

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SAS_Storebror said:

I just needed to go down the old broken stairs, into the dark cellar, across the tons of gravel, break through the locked steel gate, pass the lion, open the toilet and grab the announcement out of the flushing. The local planning department in Alpha Centauri aka "dig through some random discussion threads", that's understood.

No, you had to go into the thread where everyone discusses the most recent update.  It's pinned at the very top of the General Discussion thread. 

Most likely it's not in the same place as 3.010b and c because those were more significant updates than this one.  This was a minor hotfix.  It was announced in the same place as all the other minor hotfixes.

1 hour ago, BraveSirRobin said:

you had to go into the thread where everyone discusses the most recent update

Forgive me when I have a life to live.

That thread counts 11 pages now and 95% of it - at least - is... well... how to say it politely?... "less interesting".

This is what I do twice a day to check for important things and it works on all forums except for this one:

Open the main page, check whether there's a new announcement. Period.

1 hour ago, BraveSirRobin said:

3.010b and c because those were more significant updates than this one. This was a minor hotfix.

I guess the general misunderstanding is between players and server operators.

If I'm "only" a player, then this fix might be a minor one.

If I play offline, I don't even need it.

If I have the Steam Version of the game, I will receive it automatically.

If I play online and don't have Steam, I will get a clue that there's something new when the server list suddenly becomes empty.

That much that good. For a Server Operator there is no such thing like "minor" fixes.

Any new version there is, it needs to be put on the Server asap otherwise strange things will happen and/or clients won't see that server anymore at all.

Therefore any update/patch/hotfix/you-name-it deserves a notification in the official Announcements section IMHO.

There's more less important stuff in there than we have "minor hotfixes" anyway, so where's the point not publically, prominently, present new game versions in the official Announcements section? Really: Where's the point?

Mike

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

7 hours ago, SAS_Storebror said:

Forgive me when I have a life to live.

Clearly...   

Hi,

Topic run it course and the new one It’s getting I don’t like..

Haash

PS. Hotfixes for actual version have always been announced at main version release topic, can be done in another way...maybe sure but for now it’s like that.