Sign in to follow this  
Belphe

Single trigger for all guns accurate?

Were all the 4 guns being triggered by the same trigger in the FW190D9 (and a couple of other german aircraft)? No dual stage or anything like that?

Yep, pretty sure it's accurate.

However the Hs-129 fires its machine guns when you want to fire the 37mm gunpods, which isn't right.

I have no idea, but I do not assign all guns to one trigger.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Unlike most (all?) other airplanes in tge game, in the D9 you can only fire all guns at once. Seems like overkill and a waste of ammo, in some situations. I'm fine with it if it is historically correct. But is it?

I think on the 190s the guns close to the prop count as weapon group 1 in game and the wing mounted (optional) guns as group 2. on the 109 the group 1 is the MG and group 2 the cannon. Don‘t know about gunpods as i never use them. Might also be group 2. would need to test.

i guess the gun settings are historically correct

I think it depended on the plane.

For example reading Lend Lease memoirs on a site other people posted Golodnikovs stuff on someone else IIRC was talking about Spitfires.  He was critical that you couldnt fire all the armament at once with one hand and had to apparently use both hands to fire both weapons..

No idea on the Dora though

In the book: "Focke Wulf 190 at war" by Alfred Price, there is also some information about the weapon system. Here it was about a Fw 190 A3, which had 3 possibilities:
1. MG 17 + MG151/20 (wing root)
2. Oerlikon FF 20 mm (wing outside)
3. All weapons

This weapon control can probably be applied to all 190 as a standard system. At least I have no information to the contrary for the D9.

• Upvote 1

Definitely way more than I have on the Dora.  For the Spit Im inclined to believe the ex Soviet pilots account as hes very specific.  That said I did notice (for example in Golodnikovs acct)  some inacccuracies.  For example he was convinced still the Germans were financially compensated for victories - Ive never ever read that anywhere else.  He even claims the German ace Muller they downed said it.  Id have to say I think hes wrong, was misinformed, or misremembers.

Then again he was there and I wasnt alive for 40 more years. Who am I really

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, KG_S_Big_Al_the_Allo said:

In the book: "Focke Wulf 190 at war" by Alfred Price, there is also some information about the weapon system. Here it was about a Fw 190 A3, which had 3 possibilities:
1. MG 17 + MG151/20 (wing root)
2. Oerlikon FF 20 mm (wing outside)
3. All weapons

This weapon control can probably be applied to all 190 as a standard system. At least I have no information to the contrary for the D9.

That must've been for the early 190 with KG14. We don't have that in any of our 190, so that doesn't apply.

All guns on the trigger is correct for the D-9.

Edited by Matt

33 minutes ago, Matt said:

That must've been for the early 190 with KG14. We don't have that in any of our 190, so that doesn't apply.

All guns on the trigger is correct for the D-9.

Well the configuration described by Big Al doesn't contradict this. Actually it explains it. Cowling guns and wing roots group 1, outer wing guns group two. It is like this in all 190s in the game. And for all this means when the outer wing guns are removed, you only have one weapon group left. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1