Hi,

Im struggling to find a correct sensitivty setup for tfrp rudder pedals and t16000 joystick. Plane handling seems unnatural. I tried noise filter also. Im wondering what do u use. mostly wondering what folks on servers that seem to down me every time use maybe i can minimize ground looping too with the correct curve somehow? 

I'm using TFRP rudder pedals too.factory setting is too light to control,I adjusted tension and use 60% Yaw Curve,now very easy to handle ground taxi ,take off etc.

Posted (edited)

I have also increased tension on my tfrp pedals by using a stiffer spring. Will try  60 curve. any recommendation for t16000?

Edited by =K4K-3=fapador

10 hours ago, Oyster_KAI said:

I'm using TFRP rudder pedals too.factory setting is too light to control,I adjusted tension and use 60% Yaw Curve,now very easy to handle ground taxi ,take off etc.

How did you do that?

I bought a stiffer spring and replaced the stock one. you open the plastic lid on the bottom with one screw take out the spring and replace it with stiffer one with pliers. there is a special store with every kind of spring in my country dont know if you will find in yours.

• Like 1

Could you post some pics of the spring mod? I have the same pedals, very good but I have to rest my heels on the floor in flight because the return-to-center is so light the only way to ensure it in combat is by rocking my feet completely off the pedals.

Here you go. spring on top is the one i bought its stiffer than it looks.I used both new and standard for extra sturdy pedals. you will find out that harder spring also helps minimize sticky/jumpy movement and helps precision. 

Now on the hunt for realistick noisefilter for t16000 and maybe curve.

DSC01375.JPG

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I don’t use any curves or sensitivity adjustments to my axis controls for stick or rudders. Everything is 1:1 and it feels great.  I have the VKB t-rudders and the VKB gunfighter 2 MCG with 8inch extension...

3F2D4D89-C511-4B7F-BEFC-3182702CECD3.jpeg

Edited by TeufelHunden
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, =K4K-3=fapador said:

Here you go. spring on top is the one i bought its stiffer than it looks.I used both new and standard for extra sturdy pedals. you will find out that harder spring also helps minimize sticky/jumpy movement and helps precision. 

Now on the hunt for realistick noisefilter for t16000 and maybe curve.

DSC01375.JPG

Eek, it's what I feared. Those hooks are plastic and I'll lay money it won't be long until they break. The Saitek pedals went the same way on one side and that was with the stock springs.

In the first time,I simply used 3 double up rubber bands,got good responds.but I worried about the durability of rubber band.I tried 2 stiffer springs to find the best tension.now it's working great!!

P1040657.JPG

P1040658.JPG

Gunna try the rubber bands until I can find a spring. Once they break I'll upgrade. 

I came to this section of the forum to ask basically the same question, i'll be upgrading mine with rubber bands later on!

any tips on the size and type of spring to buy or did you simply buy a spring then cut and bend as required?

thanks
Pete

On 4/16/2019 at 6:36 PM, =K4K-3=fapador said:

there is a special store with every kind of spring in my country dont know if you will find in yours.

The guys with difficult to find spring with same length can use rubber bands - the downside is that require replace time from time, since rubber bands wear out, or condom rings (probable last more), back in time this was used to add resistance in CH sticks, due the "light" springs used.

20160705_0946551.jpg

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6098&p=286335&viewfull=1#post286335

Posted (edited)

well I was lucky and found a spring very much alike but stiffer. nevertheless its been 2 months now and the plastic tabs still hold fine. no risk of breaking if you dont go too far.

Edited by =K4K-3=fapador

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, TeufelHunden said:

I don’t use any curves or sensitivity adjustments to my axis controls for stick or rudders. Everything is 1:1 and it feels great.  I have the VKB t-rudders and the VKB gunfighter 2 MCG with 8inch extension...

3F2D4D89-C511-4B7F-BEFC-3182702CECD3.jpeg

Nice setup TeufelH.

Edited by ITAF_Rani

Update on topic . i just tried the game on a friends house with an extended joystick. all i can say its a tottally different experience. all planes flyed and felt super natural and realistic. i could be super accurate and responsive at the same time. it also worths to mention that, that was with 0 sensitivity and nf setting. i guess the problem lies with table joysticks they just cant get the feel right. now trying to find a setting to make my t16000 behave alike and that because i feel that with short sticks nonlinearity,nf and maybe even a little deadzone will improve the experience.

12 hours ago, =K4K-3=fapador said:

now trying to find a setting to make my t16000 behave alike and that because i feel that with short sticks nonlinearity,nf and maybe even a little deadzone will improve the experience.

;)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2917980

Tuefel what brand of stick mount is that? Monstertech?

Interesting topic here.

I use a brandnew T16000. The previous one was a first gen. T16000. (the one with the green backlight) But the stick was worn out over the past 4 years. The t16000 is a good compromise between price an high quality.

For the nonlinearity settings, unfortunately ,the devs. failed for years in giving the player the option to set individual joystick profiles for each plane.

I can give my default settings that worked for 80% of the current plane set. But for planes like the La-5 or the FW-190 those numbers lead to a very nervous flight behaviour, so I have to raise the nonlinearity close to 25 -27% every time.

Pitch: 12% nonlinearity 4% deadzone

Yaw: 18% /4%

Bank: 0% / 4%

Noise filter is 0.4 for all. But tbh, I still didn´t know what the Noise filter exactly does. ^^

Thank you semor will try your settings out. They seem rather interesting and quite close to the ones that i have settled for. 

I use a T1600m and thrustmaster TFRP pedals at 87 noise on input responses. For the inner spring tension of the pedals, I cut off two loops with wire cutters and formed a loop hook using two loops left on the spring. Then (annoyingly) I fit two sets of small needle nose pliers to place it back inside the confines of that tiny access box. So now the pedals are firmly responsive instead of spongy and no need to purchase an additional spring. Personally I have been struggling with super super over sensitivity for the past two years with the thrustmaster FCS setup. With the above mentioned changes and deletion of the garbage target program I was able to make flying feel far more realistic. If requested I could share my sensitivity graphs in game if anyone wants to try them as well. 

Also the thrustmaster setup tends to lightly stick and not roll smoothly. The throttle and pedals suffered greatly from this problem! A little light spray from some remington gun oil on all the contact surfaces quickly fixed that and now everything smoothly glides. Just be very careful to not use more than a quick tap on the spray. This stuff was designed to have water spilled on it but still better to not take risks. 

On 4/28/2019 at 11:26 PM, =K4K-3=fapador said:

thanks for the tips geronimo. would be glad if you shared your nonlinearity settings too.

Apologies for the delay, here you are. I am currently using these settings with .85 noise input.

Pitch (70%, DZ center 4%, DZ edges 0%)
g8YRJav.png

Roll (42%, DZ center 4%, DZ edges 0%)
aU2LJ3T.png

Yaw (48%, DZ center 20%, DZ edges 0%)
ZZO4i4t.png

I am constantly finely adjusting the sensitivity and input noise. So feel free to make adjustments. Also note that my pedal sensitivity is with a tighter spring. Which is a must with these thrustmaster pedals for accuracy. I hope this helps, as it has taken me three years to finally get the controls to respond in a way I expect them to behave using the FCS hotas. 

Remember these behaviors of the planes when adjusting your controls from their neutral position. Pitch up/down is the most sensitive, roll is more delayed, and rudder is slightly delayed. Knowing this will help you change sensitivity settings more clearly. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2019 at 11:51 PM, Geronimo553 said:

Apologies for the delay, here you are. I am currently using these settings with .85 noise input.

Pitch (70%, DZ center 4%, DZ edges 0%)
g8YRJav.png

Roll (42%, DZ center 4%, DZ edges 0%)
aU2LJ3T.png

Yaw (48%, DZ center 20%, DZ edges 0%)
ZZO4i4t.png

I am constantly finely adjusting the sensitivity and input noise. So feel free to make adjustments. Also note that my pedal sensitivity is with a tighter spring. Which is a must with these thrustmaster pedals for accuracy. I hope this helps, as it has taken me three years to finally get the controls to respond in a way I expect them to behave using the FCS hotas. 

Remember these behaviors of the planes when adjusting your controls from their neutral position. Pitch up/down is the most sensitive, roll is more delayed, and rudder is slightly delayed. Knowing this will help you change sensitivity settings more clearly. 

I tried it! It is AWESOME! But what if somebody suprise u and u have to do hard turn or hard elevator manouver? It's almost makea stall for the plane 😮

Edited by -[HRAF]Roland_HUNter

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, -[HRAF]Roland_HUNter said:

I tried it! It is AWESOME! But what if somebody suprise u and u have to do hard turn or hard elevator manouver? It's almost makea stall for the plane 😮

Finely adjust the controls to where you like them and how you expect them to behave. Since that post, I have moved down to .17 input noise and at this current date it has been working very nicely between precision and snap turns. Just remember that the far edges of movement will most likely stall out a plane. These were my personal preferences above so adjust to find what works best for you. At least now you know where to start adjusting instead of blindly changing settings hoping for the best. 

Also I will be adding in my updated controls in this thread. So the information I continually post in threads can be centralized in one location. I will have sensisity section posted soon enough. 

Edited by Geronimo553
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Geronimo553 said:

Finely adjust the controls to where you like them and how you expect them to behave. Since that post, I have moved down to .17 input noise and at this current date it has been working very nicely between precision and snap turns. Just remember that the far edges of movement will most likely stall out a plane. These were my personal preferences above so adjust to find what works best for you. At least now you know where to start adjusting instead of blindly changing settings hoping for the best. 

Also I will be adding in my updated controls in this thread. So the information I continually post in threads can be centralized in one location. I will have sensisity section posted soon enough. 

But if are u using a turn fighter, or they force u to turn? Then what? 😄

4 minutes ago, -[HRAF]Roland_HUNter said:

Then it sounds like you already lost.