Sign in to follow this  
Novice-Flyer

Rise of Flight vs Flying Circus

Posted (edited)

I appreciate all of the hard work that is going into the Flying Circus, and I have to admit, it looks amazing. But honestly, I feel that the Flying Circus is just a waste of time, money, and resources that would be better off spent on Battle of... (Bodenplatte, PTO), Tank Crew, and much needed game fixes like pilots being able to exit the plane after a crash, and pilots not dying when parachuting into the water. I feel like the FC came out too soon, as there won't even be a Pilot career until Vol.2 at the latest; without a Pilot Career there's hardly any use playing. If you want to fly FC1 planes on Career mode then you can only do it on Rise of Flight.

The Flying Circus just makes its predecessor, Rise of Flight a pawn, or just a waste of time and money in the BIG picture of things. The technology made by 777 Studios for Rise of Flight was used to create IL-2 BOS, and then later improved upon for both games. Without Rise of Flight then there wouldn't be IL-2 GB. Due to the advances in technology it would be difficult to return to RoF without causing major delays to IL-2 GB, and hiring a new team would be too expensive.

It’s stated that Rise of Flight is the most realistic WW1 flight sim ever made and I truly believe that. I frequently play ROF and enjoying playing it. The devs want FC to be a way for all of there loyal fans of RoF to look forward to the future, but I think that it's just telling people that all of the money they spent of RoF DLCs was for NOTHING! Therefore, people just wasted their money on Rise of Flight. The devs practically showed no respect towards people who supported Rise of Flight as they just gave them a $10 discount out of $70. Practically nothing. I mean, you can get 2 or 3 ROF DLCs for $60 dollars and all of the FC1 planes for $50 on Rise of Flight. 

Another point to mention is that Flying Circus Vol.1 and RoF are PRETTY MUCH the same game with the FC having 4K resolution, DirectX 11 and VR, plus a few minor additions like parachutes. I think it's totally unfair that someone who bought these planes on RoF that are included on FC has to pay $60-$70 for just VR and better graphics. Based on these reasons, I am very likely NOT going to buy Flying Circus Vol.1, but WILL continue playing Rise of Flight. It's a great game

Rise of Flight is much better, there are 40 planes, a Pilot Career, multiple maps like Tarnopol, Verdun, Arras, Channel, etc. There may not be VR and present day graphics in RoF, but I can live with that. Rise of Flight is the way to go if you want to fly WW1 planes

Salute

Novice Flyer (JN)

Edited by Novice-Flyer
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I think you're being a bit harsh.

The thing with FC - besides it being good fun - is that it is incorporated into a brand new and evolving world of technology and products. If you want RoF, great. Enjoy. If you want FC and what it will offer and become, and to have it alongside all the other products and technology that will come with the other modules, then FC is the way to go.

Yes, it is a premium price. But it's also a premium product.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I can still play RoF whenever I want, while FC is improved upon and adds features unavailable in RoF such as parachutes. And if I wanted to just stick to RoF for WWI stuff, no-one is forcing me to buy FC.

And I can’t wait to see an Arras WWI map made in the GBS engine - one that we can use tanks on (WWII tanks, but still).

Edited by Pb_Cybermat47

3 minutes ago, Pb_Cybermat47 said:

I can still play RoF whenever I want, while FC is improved upon and adds features unavailable in RoF such as parachutes. And if I wanted to just stick to RoF for WWI stuff, no-one is forcing me to buy FC.

And I can’t wait to see an Arras WWI map made in the GBS engine - one that we can use tanks on (WWII tanks, but still).

I admit I will be disappointed if we don't see AI MKIs and Renault FT-17s at one point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

If you think FC is a waste of money, don't buy it.  Problem solved!

Agree, I'm not buying it. Instead, on my birthday coming up I'll get a RoF DLC.

1 minute ago, Novice-Flyer said:

Nothing wrong with that. I thought the Channel Map was great!

• Upvote 2

Great, go enjoy the Channel Map - I sure did before I finally binned RoF.

Not sure what you were hoping to accomplish with the thread however.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

But you also argued that by releasing FC, that "I think that it's just telling people that all of the money they spent of RoF DLCs was for NOTHING! Therefore, people just wasted their money on Rise of Flight."  You see the contradiction, here?  Your argument simply lacks coherence.   If you continue to like RoF, I don't think anyone will be hurt or care one way or another, if you stay there and continue to buy content for it.

Even if your argument did have coherence, I still don't think it holds much water.  RoF came out in 2009 and was updated last in 2014.   If you buy a car, model year 2014, and then the new and improved 2020 model comes out, did you waste your money?  If you think you did, then the only thing that means is that you made a choice that was unwise for you.   But since you like RoF and say that you will continue buying content for it, it sounds like even you have no idea what you want.

Edited by SeaSerpent

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Great, go enjoy the Channel Map - I sure did before I finally binned RoF.

Not sure what you were hoping to accomplish with the thread however.

Why do i always see you being rude to everyone?  This was a legit post by a concerned customer who feels left out. He hoped to share that concern w the devs. The same devs who just recently started giving promo codes to promote “more feedback”.

Edited by pegg00
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I think Novice has some things right about FC vs ROF. If players want a more complete package, ROF is definitely the way to go. But, we must remember that FC is still very much early access. I have just over 250 hours in ROF and only about 100 in GB with a good 10 in Flying Circus and I constantly enjoy flipping back and forth between the two. ROF has a better package right now but I think FC has the ability to rise above ROF in the long run with better flight models and updated graphics engines.