123UKoxo-uk

Stop complaining ...

Posted (edited)

Stop complaining lads !  we should all know this is very much a new project with much work to do , I would say  post comments but be constructive and informative , that helps , but some rantings and complaints  I have read on here at times are just counterproductive and demoralising for the developers who to be honest have never let us down in the end .. look at the wonderful things they have achieved , once beyond our dreams ..  early access give funds to develop , yes DEVELOP ! 

Comments from very knowledgeable people are coming through , and there must be so much to implement to the level they want this to be , and still make it playable and enjoyable .. it's a tough call guys , help without criticism is the way ..  

The aircraft pictures are added to show just how far IL2 has come , those that where there at the start  will appreciate I am sure ...

atb  oxo 

52407130_2360310700646006_5335901703071858688_o.jpg

56830174_2426526317357777_2055653222827163648_o.jpg

56915086_2426526267357782_1893720070866075648_o.jpg

Edited by 123UKoxo-uk
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

Hello, do'nt know if you are here and in simworld for long time but, do'nt worry, some peoples loves controversy, some others, fans of DCS/COD etc... are jealous of the IL-2 BOS serie success and have no other way than to look for the slightest flaw and make critics without a constructive means....

This is the way of our hobby and nothing will changes that for a while............. I just ignore these people for a long time and love as many others this fantastic game!!! Regarding tank crew, peoples are looking backward to some games with much more game play or features, of course, Tank Crew is not at this moment on same level (except graphism) but for sure in less than two years, all these old games will be forgotten!!😉

Edited by CCG_Pips
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

some others, fans of DCS/COD etc... are jealous of the IL-2 BOS

That is not right 😂 . BOX game cost as much as 1 module. Nothing stop any of DCS people to just buy and play. This complaining stuff is more a problem of choice of words. A lot of it is simply due to language barrier and then you get "fanboys" defending developers with wrong choice of words.

In fact saying "fanboys" will start the trouble right away. 

Post like this probably starts a argument, but I agree people should make a proper complaint. Some believe that spending 60 bucks give them copyright to the brand.

However, if you go out in public and say you will make a tank simulator and you going to sell it as such, you should make a research on what a tank simulator is and what expectations there is to such a game. There is a lot to say about handling customers in 777.

In all I am perfectly happy with GB, it perform very well in moderate pc , looks well and got a few interesting airplanes in it. My personal problem is the cheap underfunded simplified bomber interphase , no bombardier cockpit in the A 20 and all that stuff. I bought Tank battles because I believed I supported the game in to Pacific. I think you people patronize other people wanting the best for this brand , as you yourself does

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Like 1

I really love the new development, and my only comments is regarding the not knowing where it all will take us.

As someone who love tanks, I applaud the new TC add-on, and what it will bring to multiplayer if done right would be amazing, even for those who never would get into a tank.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

One sure way to stop complaining is to go away. Perhaps, that's why some are so vocal because they would prefer to not.

I thought once that throwing lots of new stuff then fixing it later could be ok. I was wrong - issues will just pile-up instead... Keep it long enough and you will end with an unmanageable  mess.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ehret said:

One sure way to stop complaining is to go away. Perhaps, that's why some are so vocal because they would prefer to not.

I thought once that throwing lots of new stuff then fixing it later could be ok. I was wrong - issues will just pile-up instead... Keep it long enough and you will end with an unmanageable  mess.

Yes, bug fixing is a must, the rest is just project management, and if you can do that well there is no issue in running different projects, would need a good program manager that's true.

• Like 1

I really like that top screenshot......

Another way to look at this is that a lot of the so called complainers are very active and have purchased and financially supported expansions like TC.  Ive been one of the first to try and put together an organized unit and I’m excited about where the game is going.  I know it’s going to get better but I also understand some of the feedback.  The intentions are not all bad....

We shouldn’t categorize everyone in this as good and bad, sincere or trolling...That includes me as well.  

• Like 1

I make it a point to read the latest posts on the entire Forum each day.  I am sometimes shocked at the strength of the negative comments and complaints I read.  I sometimes wonder why those involved in creating and maintaining the sim don't become demoralized and simply walk away.  To those I say, please don't.  You are creating a marvel.  True it has warts.  Based on a life time of experience everything has warts and short comings.  However, warts and shortcomings can be corrected.  It takes time and resources which are always in finite supply.  For us users, positive criticism can identify shortcomings without negativity.  Think about how you would want to be told your creation is deficient.  Even throw in a suggestion as to how corrective action might appear.  It also should be remembered that nothing will make everyone happy.  We are all here to take part in enjoying this sim.  Lets all strive toward making it absolute best in the world of sims.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well said Ukoxo.  I was thinking of making a similar comment, but then I read yours.  Thanks for your thoughts.  I agree wholeheartedly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, photog95661 said:

It also should be remembered that nothing will make everyone happy.  We are all here to take part in enjoying this sim.  Lets all strive toward making it absolute best in the world of sims.   

Amen brother... well said. :good:

2 hours ago, photog95661 said:

I make it a point to read the latest posts on the entire Forum each day.  I am sometimes shocked at the strength of the negative comments and complaints I read.  I sometimes wonder why those involved in creating and maintaining the sim don't become demoralized and simply walk away.  To those I say, please don't.

This is a business and the major gratification in one is... money; money which is paid by (us) customers.

Bugs/errors are bothersome even if they aren't breaking game at the moment. Keep them ongoing too long and you will get bad opinions. It's simple as that.

Now... there is a company here - not a deity to make pleas with!

Gameplay. Historical Accuracy. Mechanical Accuracy. Superior Graphics. Impact on Computer Performance. Theaters of War: No computer simulation that I know of can do it all at 100%,  all of the time. There probably will always be some sort of limitation on how close to “real life” a computer simulation program can get. From someone who is new to both the forum and this sim,  I believe the developers appear to be making an honest attempt to continue to make necessary upgrades and repairs in efforts to achieve superior results. However, their plan of attack is not necessarily the same as what our individual desires are. 

Reading many posts, it is interesting to see what different users see as important to add or fix. Some think it’s important to change the placement of a rivet on an aircraft for historical accuracy, others want engine timer system revised. Mods are loved by some, despised by others. There is a SP vs. MP mentality. Flight models aren’t realistic. Almost everyone wants something slightly different to make this their perfect game/sim. 

I will voice my concerns if I desire to have something added, fixed or improved. But I know my requests may not be at the top of the list, nor even relevant to the improvement of this product. I am not driving the business plan nor have ownership of the resources. But I will continue to play and financially support this ongoing effort because I think it is currently the best WWII flight sim available. And I see strong efforts being made to continue to make improvements, communicate and address user concerns on a regular basis. 

And if I’m wrong? No big deal. Even though I love to fly and blow up things, it’s just a game. It’s a great diversion from the real world, but that’s all it is. 

Happy flying to all. May all your wishes be granted. 

DD

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2019 at 9:58 PM, DragonDaddy said:

Gameplay. Historical Accuracy. Mechanical Accuracy. Superior Graphics. Impact on Computer Performance. Theaters of War: No computer simulation that I know of can do it all at 100%,  all of the time. There probably will always be some sort of limitation on how close to “real life” a computer simulation program can get.

You can bet that if we reach the point where our computers and the BoX software can give us photo-realistic graphics and a fully clickable cockpit and perfect Dm & FM & AI,  we will immediately say the game is crap because one of the buildings in Moscow has the wrong shaped windows for 1943 as they were blown out and replaced in 1945 plus there is no feeling of immersion because we just arrive in the cockpit instead of walking from the ready room to the aircraft at the start of the sortie (and when they give us that we will complain we should have started with being woken up at 5am for breakfast and the briefing 🙂 )

There will always be more.  Some of those games from 20 years ago with horrible graphics were hailed at that time as having incredible graphics that were so realistic it was like being there in real life.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex
  • Upvote 6

I've been surprised by the negative comments as well. I'm still in awe!

Hats off to the developers. I'll buy whatever they're selling!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Been playing on multiplayer this weekend, sure I’m a noob, but I actually had fun, one takeaway is that tanks is not a lone wolf game, you need at least a few tanks in a group for it, in my opinion, to be fun. Air support is also great and when it all come beautifully together this game really shines, of course you got the usual suspect trying to ruin the fun, but the potential is there. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I guess those negative comments in thread titles or topics come from a situational frustration and the forum is the valve for it. Doesnt matter if the problem sits in front of the monitor or it is maybe a game bug.

However you got an EA game for less price than the future Release Candidate.

Early Access purpose is to support the developer,provide constructive bug reporting and being a tester.

The team prooves themselves as pro developers and great project management throughout the past years.

Calling a wip development rediculus is just unfair and doesnt proove of having an eye for the whole imo.

Instead of being constructive, some seem to need  just a valve or just like to slam on already mentioned bugs, which is almost trolling.

Try to take the PoV from devs side before posting in harsh vocabularies and compare it to your situation at work maybe.

I really love what the team around Han and Jason just created the past years.We are all playing a niche game with just a small budget for the development.If i am bothered by a bug, i got enough faith it will be worn out, depending on its priority,it maybe takes a few updates - so what.

Happy Eastern😃

Edited by 1./JG42Nephris
  • Upvote 2

On 4/13/2019 at 11:20 PM, 56RAF_Roblex said:

we should have started with being woken up at 5am for breakfast and the briefing

I agree with RobIex.  I only play allied so this mod would be easy.  No choices for breakfast, just Cabbage Soup and Bread on the days when there is anything at all, and that’s probably 1 in 3 at best... :)

I have been here since IL2:FB - This has been the best flight sim for the realism / gameplay mix for 15 years + and now they are working towards combined arms.  Quite outstanding.  

The TC EA is so good at its initial stage that it is easy to forget that it is still under development.  I am constantly being amazed by each update.  

I never expected to enjoy the tanks this much....!  We (VBF-12) have formed out own Armoured Column and we regularly field between 5 and 10 Shermans at any one time. Wow, it’s hard against Tigers, but it’s meant to be hard when you are driving a “Tommy Cooker”!!!

I just wish the WWII Tank Commander that lived near me was still alive so I could show him.....  He landed on 8 Jun and drove various tracked vehicles (Churchill, Sherman, Cromwell, Halftrack etc) to the outskirts of Berlin...  He had amazing stories to tell...

• Like 1

TC will never reach gameplay quality of Panzer Elite as long as producer will insist on developing just "Vehicle simulator".

2 hours ago, Brano said:

TC will never reach gameplay quality of Panzer Elite as long as producer will insist on developing just "Vehicle simulator".

You have never played Iron Front then a game based off of the Arma 2 engine.

Combined arms WW2 with, infantry, air and tanks. A somewhat dependable armor simulation for the tanks with an almost realistic penetration and damage model system.

I have played all the tank games, starting with Muzzle velocity back in 1997, and yes Panzer Elite is great, I still use the loaders excuse when I am slow, "I am still loading AP". lol loved that game, but Iron Front evolved it to the point you can play as a soldier, or a pilot or a tanker. 

Anyone familiar with Arma will know this.

I am hoping Tank Crew will model the infantry aspect and it will probably be the perfect combined arms game.

Right now, Iront Front in Arma 3 is, but I am hoping for Tank Crew to surpass IFA3.

• Like 2

I don't care about military FPS or vehicle simulator.

Gameplay wise, TC needs to be tank combat simulator including:

1. AI  infantry, artillery and frontline aviation.

2. Company level tactical combat with "Kampfgruppe" combat approach.

3. Micromanagement of crew and command chain on tank/platoon and optional company level for more challenge = crews are gaining experience thru campaign, get rewarded, wounded or killed. 

4. Highly detailed maps of max 10x10km are plenty enough for company level actions. Actual 100x100km Prochorovka map is waste of resources. 80% will be hardly ever used. Smaller maps can be done faster, in more detail and continuously added to the list of missions as was done with the great Ostpak mod for PE.

5. SDK for map creation by community.

And one big don't. Don't compromise the tank combat with "it must be also for players in aircrafts". It doesn't. Devs can still keep an option for MP mission creators to add-in tanks into big "aircraft" maps. Just for sake of it. But such maps won't be popular. For MP fighter jocks, tanks are non existing, and for tankers, fighters are mere nuisance. And for ground attackers, chasing individual human controlled tanks over huge maps won't be fun at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brano said:

I don't care about military FPS or vehicle simulator.

Gameplay wise, TC needs to be tank combat simulator including:

1. AI  infantry, artillery and frontline aviation.

2. Company level tactical combat with "Kampfgruppe" combat approach.

3. Micromanagement of crew and command chain on tank/platoon and optional company level for more challenge = crews are gaining experience thru campaign, get rewarded, wounded or killed. 

4. Highly detailed maps of max 10x10km are plenty enough for company level actions. Actual 100x100km Prochorovka map is waste of resources. 80% will be hardly ever used. Smaller maps can be done faster, in more detail and continuously added to the list of missions as was done with the great Ostpak mod for PE.

5. SDK for map creation by community.

And one big don't. Don't compromise the tank combat with "it must be also for players in aircrafts". It doesn't. Devs can still keep an option for MP mission creators to add-in tanks into big "aircraft" maps. Just for sake of it. But such maps won't be popular. For MP fighter jocks, tanks are non existing, and for tankers, fighters are mere nuisance. And for ground attackers, chasing individual human controlled tanks over huge maps won't be fun at all.

I will agree with you on almost all points, however  I do see it differently regarding airplanes. They need to be included,  they where are apart of the battleground and should also be a part of TC . What you don't want is tankers to be cannon fodder for the airjockies, however I don't see that as a big issue, as  this can be controlled by the multiplayer options set by the server.

I do agree with 1, 2, 3, 4, It would be much like steel fury kharkov 1942 which I consider one of the best WW2 tank simulators today.

On 4/13/2019 at 6:31 PM, CCG_Pips said:

Hello, do'nt know if you are here and in simworld for long time but, do'nt worry, some peoples loves controversy, some others, fans of DCS/COD etc... are jealous of the IL-2 BOS serie success and have no other way than to look for the slightest flaw and make critics without a constructive means....

Why would CloD fans be jealous of GBS, when the GBS devs are the ones who gave TF permission to make official updates to CloD? 

If they just fix some line of sight issues I'd be more positive about the game.  Right now, with artillery being able to shoot through a damn forest, through buildings, etc....it's hard to make a server that is realistic.  There's issues with trying to snake a round past trees and hit a tank nestled behind them, in addition to shooting past tree protection that you have positioned your tank behind.  We are having fun each week with our missions but there is a lot of things they could do to make it immediately better.  I'm guessing the line of sight issue is a tough problem to solve?  Not sure, but it's a game killer if it doesn't get fixed in the long run....

• Upvote 1

I'll predict exactly the opposite, in the old days when co-op was king, we'd have killed to have players on the ground in manned fighting equipment advancing on objectives.  If they do it right, they'll create the perfect wave of co-op 2's renewed golden age.  You won't have to worry about planes on your map, we'll borrow the tanks to ours.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, [CPT]Crunch said:

I'll predict exactly the opposite, in the old days when co-op was king, we'd have killed to have players on the ground in manned fighting equipment advancing on objectives.  If they do it right, they'll create the perfect wave of co-op 2's renewed golden age.  You won't have to worry about planes on your map, we'll borrow the tanks to ours.

We need anti air options, had some good sessions yesterday, but tanks are very easy targets from the air, if we get the option to operate anti air, we could better level the playing field. 

Wirbelwind_CFB_Borden_3.jpg

Edited by Slater
  • Like 1

All the negative posts have been putting me off a bit. I've been gaming and "simming" since when a soldier myself, in 1985, and I know what it's like - same reason that keeps me away from the DCS forums, even though it's such a great sim (if I said that about IL-2 over there, my post would be deleted and I may get a warning).

I only just bought Tank Battles and am waiting for my Rift S to arrive before I have a go - been flying BoX/GB with my Rift for a couple of years and it's just awesome and I'm looking forward to the increased resolution for fighting on the ground (got a new RTX2060 to help).

My favourite tank game in the past was Armored Fist 2, with my 3Dfx card, it was just so tense and exciting and I would never have imagined that one day I would be able to fight in a virtual tank as is possible with Tank Battles in VR.

I just reminded myself of the issues that the devs went through with BoS and all the complaints and hate and I think that it may take a while, but we will eventually have our awesome tank sim, just like we eventually got our awesome flight sim - and then some.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

@JD-UK.....Your sentiments are shared by many I suspect ...and I predict you'll be pleased when on a full real setting server with no icons alot of tanks rolling in small groups and even some.planes in the air to hide from as you hunt for enemy tanks....very intense and very enjoyable.....

• Like 1

Just finished reading the comments and watched the video.  My advice to the naysayers is to just move along.

• Like 1