EffeDB

EffeDB: IL2GB_SoundModder, a tool to listen & modify all sounds in main.fsb

This Tool is the evolution of the previous IL2_Intros.exe and lets you listen and easily modify all the sounds in 'main.fsb': 

not only the Intro Music but every other effect of your preferred airplane (engine, machineguns, burst, etc.). 

As always you only need to maintain the original format (16bit pcm wav) and their Time Length.
You can copy it everywhere (even a UsbKey): no installation is needed.

Warning: this version works with the old main.fsb file. For the new Masterbank.bank , please see the latest version below.

Download:  https://mega.nz/#!2zBSmYpY!y0DzqRZejK1kLPUB3MmS9vhNgE3vNdVezgkRcszhygM

Video Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTrHKs8TM0c&feature=youtu.be

Bug reports, questions, comments, tips  and likes ... are welcome. 🤪

Interfaccia.thumb.jpg.5936fe022ab477c75dae9c825b8c003c.jpg

Edited by EffeDB
New Download Link
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

I don't know. Try!   The size of main.fsb is not the same ...  if they check that or the creation date probably it won't work.

This is a very interesting tool. I have minimal experience with audio editing but i'd like to take a stab at it this weekend. Need some engine sputter sounds when idle.

Hi, if you have the old IL2 sturmovik 1946, download the B.A.T. modded version here:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php

There are a lot of beautiful sounds inside there. 
You must only pay very attention to the time length . By using Audacity.exe this won't be a problem.

Edited by EffeDB
error
  • Thanks 1

Very nice tool. Made some changes and played around, it was fairly easy to use.

What I realized is that the audio samples for the game are much better quality than I thought. However the way they are mixed and tuned seems to be the part where the quality goes down, they seem too muted in-game. The game sounds need more treble overall (for my taste).

Hello there,

the new sound system no longer uses main.fsb
I looked around: it's possible to unbuild masterbank.bank, but the rebuilding doesn't work.
If someone has useful information to share, please contact me.
I'd really like updating this nice tool.
Otherwise that boring and politically correct refrain will accompany us till the end of the days.

😡

• Upvote 1

Hi, 

finally I found a solution. Now Masterbank.bank can be unpacked and repacked. 

I added a lot of interesting sounds from IL2-1946 SA modded  version... Tiger33 wavs too.

Enjoy and let a like if you like.

176635943_PushUpEmolittle.jpg.1e77299cea8560ace9b49497b9e96fb5.jpg

Download link:

https://mega.nz/#!f2hwWSpa!l9gFItZY8pVx6XJN9LhGzSnVzAS95jnCLGj40LeS6Ts

Interface.thumb.jpg.3ed400c755bf42dd6dd5075114be015f.jpg

Youtube video here:

https://youtu.be/Bs8d6WpY0lA

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thank you alot for this program. So useful. The first thing I would like to put in are flybys like the ones of the master, Tiger33 for il2 1946. That I cant see how is possible here. There arnt spesific soundfiles for flybys in box but rather it render an outside sound. If you could crack that my friend and replace it with tiger flybys you would become a god to many. We would worship you. Your program is so good for all the rest. The second thing i would like to change are less wind db etc to suite me. Not saying the original sounds are not good or unrealistic, but is a game, my game, and I find the wind level of db to much after a few hours. Great program. I found a working solution to have tiger33 flyby. Not a perfect solution but better than stock flyby which are so weak and uninspiering. I use a soundboard and map my flyby key ingame to the same on the soundboard that will play tiger33 file. Like I said its not perfect and you would have to be at a certain speed to match the length of the flyby file with ingame sequense, but still, awsome and brakes the boredom and give a little ingame kick.

Hi, fortunately I don't want to become a god for anyone. 
Many people asked me about flybys. I suspect they are a composition of different wav files and you're right, they are not packed in Masterbank.bank
As you can see in the \...\Data\luascripts\sound\planes\*.cfg files, many lines refer to unknown wavs. 
Where are they? I don't know.

I'm afraid this problem is caused by the ungtp.exe behaviour: an old unpacker, not able to complete its work. That's the point: a newer, powerful version of it, would be necessary.
We could also change the parameters inside *.cfg files, but no one in the forum seems to know precisely their meaning.
What a shame for 1CGStudios, anyway! MicrosoftFS2020 has just released some fantastic news about their incredible sound packets. So... 

🤔