Atomeur

Are French planes coming a day ?

The system outweighs the aircraft: the Germans had a better system during the BoF. Minor differences between a 520 and a 109 cannot make good such a disparity.

• Upvote 2

Of course, in the real BoF, Germans had a better system then Frenchs, they had some aircrafts with more good points and more powerfull than France, and if wa want to do a BoF, I think it is good to do according the history than according to equilibration. We have to accept that there were a lot of old aircrafts in real BoF and who fought during the invasion, and it is good to add some old aircrafts because "NEW" aircrafts weren't the most popular in all areas. We can't just add an aicraft to say "he is also afficient than ennemies" because in a lot of cases, it wasn't this in the real fights.

But we can still add a few "NEW" aircrafts. In premium is the best way because it isn't everybody who buy Premiums aicrafts (even if they are a lot). After, if the aircrafts is really pleasant, of course, a lot of people are going to buy it.

Might as well go for a west offensive scenario ......

Fokker D21s Heinkel.png

Fokker G1 346 kleur.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

On 4/9/2019 at 9:52 AM, Atomeur said:

They did this at least 😂 even if they didn't quote the countrie (or very rarely...). I think French aircrafts are going to never see the day or after a very very long time because "american, russian and german are ""best"" ".

I mean.... you said it....

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Atomeur said:

f course, in the real BoF, Germans had a better system then Frenchs, they had some aircrafts with more good points and more powerfull than France, and if wa want to do a BoF, I think it is good to do according the history than according to equilibration. We have to accept that there were a lot of old aircrafts in real BoF and who fought during the invasion, and it is good to add some old aircrafts because "NEW" aircrafts weren't the most popular in all areas. We can't just add an aicraft to say "he is also afficient than ennemies" because in a lot of cases, it wasn't this in the real fights.

It was this in 'real fights' - AKA history - and this is one reason why the air battle unfolded as it did. My point was that arguing over a few aircraft or small performance differences for MP bears no relations to what actually occurred.

In a sim, you can do whatever you want.

Edited by EAF19_Marsh

22 hours ago, JonRedcorn said:

I mean.... you said it....

Yes, and I regret it now. But I don't delete it to be honest (because I am don't going to said "i never said it...").

8 hours ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

It was this in 'real fights' - AKA history - and this is one reason why the air battle unfolded as it did. My point was that arguing over a few aircraft or small performance differences for MP bears no relations to what actually occurred.

In a sim, you can do whatever you want. 

Yes, and you have maybe reason. It was just to ask the question "focused history" or "focused balanced" beacause we're not putting the same aircrafts in the two modes.

3 minutes ago, Atomeur said:

Yes, and I regret it now. But I don't delete it to be honest (because I am don't going to said "i never said it...").

Yes, and you have maybe reason. It was just to ask the question "focused history" or "focused balanced" beacause we're not putting the same aircrafts in the two modes.

It was just a joke. Lighten up.

Posted (edited)

Sorry, 🤐I didn't understand but now, I see, it was my point of view of what said the majority that I met in some other games at this moment.

Edited by Atomeur

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Godspeed said:

Caudron C.714

😅

I don’t know what it is about the French character, but they make some very distinctively ugly aircraft. That has ‘Designed in France’ written all over it.

Edited by EAF19_Marsh

25 minutes ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

I don’t know what it is about the French character, but they make some very distinctively ugly aircraft. That has ‘Designed in France’ written all over it.

Ha? what do u mean? build ugly aircraft is an other french's defect among the many others? good joke! 

47 minutes ago, NN_Razor said:

Ha? what do u mean? build ugly aircraft is an other french's defect among the many others? good joke! 

I think you misunderstood my comment: ‘distinctively’ ugly, like the Citroen cars of the ‘60s.

Everyone build ugly aircraft, but those from French factories seem to have a specific character.

25 minutes ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

I think you misunderstood my comment: ‘distinctively’ ugly, like the Citroen cars of the ‘60s.

Everyone build ugly aircraft, but those from French factories seem to have a specific character.

Ok for this specific character. 

On 4/22/2019 at 10:15 PM, Heliopause said:

Might as well go for a west offensive scenario ......

Fokker D21s Heinkel.png

Fokker G1 346 kleur.jpg

The DXXI, the main reason why i want Finland/Baltic map and expansion. Love that plane.

1 hour ago, NN_Razor said:

Ok for this specific character. 

Don’t get me wrong, France also produced some beautiful aircraft. Just that the less beautiful ones - to me at least - have a common and specific look to them.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

Don’t get me wrong, France also produced some beautiful aircraft. Just that the less beautiful ones - to me at least - have a common and specific look to them.

Yeah I see what you mean : They look super-modern... for WWI ! 😂 Still I like them for that also.

But I much prefer the Dewoitine D.520, Arsenal VG.33 and Lioré&Olivier LéO.451...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Screamer said:

The DXXI, the main reason why i want Finland/Baltic map and expansion. Love that plane.

I like you : we all have a favourite plane, because of his look, because of his power, or simply because of his history... That's my case and that's one of my many reasons who do that I want a BOF.

3 hours ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

Yes, and I love strange aircrafts (from all countries).

01-19695-citroen-ds21-drive-1.thumb.jpg.4083778b9cfef6337c817df11ad8c8e9.jpgBut... I like the Citroen DS, it's one of the coolest sedans ever.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Not without my Amiot 143. 

9cce7e259db0063f65cd9f479726b39c.jpg.63472cfc23b5a33559037cc97bed28db.jpg

I love it !!

1 hour ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

But... I like the Citroen DS, it's one of the coolest sedans ever.

fantomassedechaine_16_ds-kY5D-U811832848

• Haha 6

Funnily the man behind the DS was an aeronautical engineer. It was a fantastic car, the hydraulic suspensions made it ride like a princess.

I have to agree with Heliopause that having a general Western offensive or say a Battle of France and the Low Countries expansion would be better if such a project is to ever see the light of day. Both battles were linked anyway. 

The map could stretch from the south of the Ardennes region to the north of The Netherlands (say up to Texel ), and include bits of south east England to the West. The map could then be reused for a Battle of Normandy 1944 expansion perhaps. 

This said, this would be a super long term project because lets face it,  the full release of BOBP, FC is probably in late 2019, then after that they will probably tackle the Pacific which is a huge endeavour. Most customers would probably favour a Battle of Normandy 44 over any BOF for several reasons. Then again let's not forget that we have unfinished business in the East for a 1944 scenario.

So any chance for a BOF&LW would be a super long term project, considering they could think about doing the Mediterranean front/Sicily/Malta first which could also be a very popular expansion. I mean it is like having a Battle of Finland, I would like to of course, but when could they possibly release that. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Fennec said:

Then again let's not forget that we have unfinished business in the East for a 1944 scenario.

Replace with...
Khalkhin Gol
and
Operation Barbarossa
;)

9 hours ago, Fennec said:

It was a fantastic car, the hydraulic suspensions made it ride like a princess.

Even with it's tires shot off with machine-gun fire, it kept on rolling under control and at speed. This was why De Gaulle wouldn't ride in anything else after an assassination attempt that did just that. I got that little gem of info from Jay Leno's Garage, the episode where he shows his Citroen DS, around about the 18:24 mark for that story as told by Leno

Spoiler

16 hours ago, Fennec said:

Funnily the man behind the DS was an aeronautical engineer. It was a fantastic car, the hydraulic suspensions made it ride like a princess.

I have to agree with Heliopause that having a general Western offensive or say a Battle of France and the Low Countries expansion would be better if such a project is to ever see the light of day. Both battles were linked anyway. 

The map could stretch from the south of the Ardennes region to the north of The Netherlands (say up to Texel ), and include bits of south east England to the West. The map could then be reused for a Battle of Normandy 1944 expansion perhaps. 

This said, this would be a super long term project because lets face it,  the full release of BOBP, FC is probably in late 2019, then after that they will probably tackle the Pacific which is a huge endeavour. Most customers would probably favour a Battle of Normandy 44 over any BOF for several reasons. Then again let's not forget that we have unfinished business in the East for a 1944 scenario.

So any chance for a BOF&LW would be a super long term project, considering they could think about doing the Mediterranean front/Sicily/Malta first which could also be a very popular expansion. I mean it is like having a Battle of Finland, I would like to of course, but when could they possibly release that. 

I am totally agree with you and the reasons you exposed.

Firstly, the developpers had  surely many reasons to prefer a battle of Normandy 44, and I understand them, so we're not going to have a BoF now.

Secondly, after finishing what they did BOBP, BOK,... they are surely going to begin (if it isn't already began) a Pacific campaign, and THIS is going to take a long time, several years.

Thirdly, A BoF isn't in their mind actually (and I said it again : I understand them).

Finishly, I am sure, convinced that, if a lot of people talk about this project, we can modify their plans or we can accelerate the developping of a BoF (maybe, who know?).

I know that if a lot of people are really convinced and talk of lot of this (usefully) they can see that there is a big potential in this.

Posted (edited)
On 4/25/2019 at 8:24 AM, Elem said:
Replace with...
Khalkhin Gol
and
Operation Barbarossa
;)

I would say that these would be great to have naturally, but i believe that a 1944 scenario on the eastern front would sell better for the company. I wouldn't mind having a Khalkin scenario once the 41-45 war between the 3rd Reich and USSR is fully covered. 

For me on the eastern front, the most urgent would be a Bagration 1944 campaign ( since we already have Kursk through the Tank Crew expansion)  then once this is covered many options are open really. For instance imagine a map that covers part of the Baltic countries, Leningrad and the Finnish east borders, that would allow for a Soviet-Finnish winter war,  battle of Leningrad and Kurland. That would be the most promising after that IMO as a Battle of Berlin would need the whole city modelled.  

Like you said, Khalkin Gol could be an interesting project too but i believe that if the Devs get into the Pacific theater, the Eastern front will have to wait for many  years. Not that i am against the Pacific, it would be amazing, but there is so much work there to be done with aircraft carriers, planesets, maps,objects etc..

I mean we still currently do not have essential planes for late war scenarios like  the B-17 or B-24s for instance because it must be a lot of work with all the 3d interiors and a complex 4 engines implementation, so imagine a full theater of war. Also, that is just my opinion but i believe that commercially speaking, once they decide to move back from the Pacific to Europe again, what would sell the most is either a Mediterranean or Normandy 44 expansion. 

That is why for me a Battle of France/Benelux is really far fetched... even though it would love to have it.     

Edited by Fennec

Posted (edited)

I am fed up to always see a reason to forget France (even if she is good) because French never fogot what did all of the other countries.

There is surely a lot of good reasons, but it demoralizes.

Howerver, we must admit that they did a good job in Rise of Flight. It is pity that it is far away...

Edited by Atomeur
  • Confused 1