Atomeur

Are French planes coming a day ?

20 hours ago, Motherbrain said:

Here is a hypothetical plane set for the Battle of France expansion.

battleoffrance.thumb.jpg.3e865f7db14149fb27e2904c5d51392a.jpg

Maybe throw in a Hurricane or Spitfire Mk.I for another collector plane.

I don't know how you did those profiles, but they look so professional and gorgeous.

Still the MS.405 wasn't entered "mass" production, should be replaced by the MS.406, Potez.631 might be too by the 691 or 693, we also need the Bloch MB.150-152 and the Spitfire MKI and maybe the Koolhoven F.K.58 if possible.

On the IIIe Reich side, of course the Bf 109 E-3, E-4, Bf 110 C2, Do 17,  He 111, why not an Italian MC 200 Saetta..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Solmyr said:

I don't know how you did those profiles, but they look so professional and gorgeous.

Still the MS.405 wasn't entered "mass" production, should be replaced by the MS.406, Potez.631 might be too by the 691 or 693, we also need the Bloch MB.150-152 and the Spitfire MKI and maybe the Koolhoven F.K.58 if possible.

On the IIIe Reich side, of course the Bf 109 E-3, E-4, Bf 110 C2, Do 17,  He 111, why not an Italian MC 200 Saetta..

Yes, it is the MS 406. For the italians, the most popular during this battle was Fiat CR 42 but it wasn't very effecive. I don't know if it is amusing fot the others (I said others because I know that me I want to play it because of history an challenge).

I don't know if it was the 631 or the 633 who were more used (in Greece or Roumania, it was the 633).

To the side of the germans, There are lots of possibilities and they can use aircrafts already designed.

27 minutes ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

Endless possibilities but not sure it’s where the team want to go.

Unfortunately, yes. For now, they tried to touch a bigger public (and they have reason). Maybe, after having some solid bases, they can try something like this, it is sad to say (that they can't do it now).

14 hours ago, danielprates said:

Damn that's an ugly plane.

Those interwar planes that never saw action are all very interesting, but the "great battles" franchise kinda need planes that, well, participated in "grand battles". Lest we risk inspiring a "not-in-battles" franchise!

A battle well known for the Amiot 143 is the bombing of SEDAN. But they did a lot of missions during the war (1939 to 1940 at least)

He is strange and that's why I love it.

10 minutes ago, Atomeur said:

He is strange and that's why I love it.

All those windows make it look like a sort of panoramic, leisure plane of sorts.

From what I read it was VERY obsolete by 1939, being designed to attend a 1928 specification (!!!). It flew mostly night bombing missions and had a limited role and impact. But all things considered that is probably true for most french planes, considering what hapenned to France in general.

18 hours ago, Atomeur said:

I take the example of the bombers :

I thought it was easy to read

1 hour ago, Sublime said:

the West never flew low level

5 minutes ago, danielprates said:

All those windows make it look like a sort of panoramic, leisure plane of sorts.

French Pilots (and maybe others after) called this plane "the bus". XD

An other plane were called the flying coffin XD

1 minute ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

Put a Pe-2 in a French skin and it looks a little like a Potez....

No, put a Bf 110 in French skin and you have Potez 631 more powerfull 😛

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Solmyr said:

I'm a little ashamed to admit I just copied pre-existing art that I Googled and pasted them next to each other. I didnt draw them myself. 😉

• Haha 1

Leave the D.520! At least as a collector's plane. 😀

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Atomeur said:

No, put a Bf 110 in French skin and you have Potez 631 more powerfull

Yeah but Pe-2 = sniper gunners 😎

2 minutes ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

Yes XD

3 minutes ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

Don´t worry you have the exact same AI on every Gunnerpositon in every Plane ;)

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Arthur-A said:

Leave the D.520! At least as a collector's plane. 😀

The D.520 was really a good plane at his time, espacially against Italians. It is a cool aircraft with speed and armament !

me too i want it 😄 but it wasn't the most popular plane during BOF (if we want that the game paste on the history) so not in the game base

After... in Premium... I am not against XD

1 minute ago, KG_S_Big_Al_the_Allo said:

Yes, and they aren't especially snipers ;D

I want to ask a question so : who write the suggestion ?

Because we need someone to do it.

24 minutes ago, KG_S_Big_Al_the_Allo said:

Just the Soviets thought to put more than a peashooter back there :P

1 hour ago, Atomeur said:

I thought it was easy to read

Ehh.. Exactly what did your post even mean? At all?

Besixes you cutting out me saying "the west never flew low level" except you snipped the words before and after when the statement was me saying that you claimed the west never flew low level.

This guy is good at making enemies out of friends. Somebody must have fed him "French military" jokes till he snapped.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

So I welcome any citations (no one should be expected to take your word for it.  This is not how history is professionally discussed or even seriously discussed by amateurs.) From you. I provided several that contradict... Almost everything you said.  In 1 minute of googling.  I can bring out dozens of books I have at home (where Im headed)

Youve provided exactly NOTHING except your opinions which you present as facts.

Seriously unless you want to have a scholarly debate and can refrain from.personal insults if someone disagrees with you by all means lets do it.  But then you also need to back your arguments up.  Of course if all youre going to do is dodge providing any evidence and continue with subtle name calling then dont bother because by now it should be obvious to anyone who cares you dont have more than a passing knowledge of the air war in Europe besides maybe the Battle of France and thats it. And since thats your nation and favorite battle of course it was the toughest battle of all time and most impressive. (Right..)

Id love to see the module though - of course I have other theaters I would prefer and luckily we.ll probably see.

Unfortunately it doesnt look like we.ll see that sissy high altitude stuff the US and British only did (according to you) which was ridiculously easy (according to you) compared to what the French had to do. Of course it doesnt explain how the US and British war dead from just their air forces probably out numbers all of Frances WW2 dead for the military. (Not saying much really though)*(I was wrong. So far it looks like half of Frances war dead for all services..)

In fact just googling

https://www.google.com/search?q=french+war+dead+ww2&oq=french+war+dead+ww2&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.3710j0j7&client=ms-android-metropcs-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

About as many Americans and Brits died in the air just over Europe than the entire French military lost in all of the war.

(217k French mil dead)

http://pippaettore.com/Horrific_WWII_Statistics.html

(Around 35k American AAF dead in Europe.  I need to recheck this figure however)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Bomber_Command_aircrew_of_World_War_II

Bomber Command - 57k dead.  This doesnt cover fighters either.

So this is just dead and is already half of ALL the French military losses in WW2.  Hardly an easy fight, hardly insignificant, and much much much more of a big deal than the.Fall of France.

By the way your comment about the PTO earlier shows more ignorance of history.  You claimed speed didnt matter in the PTO?  I beg to differ. The PTO had battles that were all about speed - ships trying to race into location.  The air battles in the PTO were quite intense (most people ever killed in a bombing raiid - march 6 45, 2 nukes, kamikazes, aircraft carriers, land based fighting)

Ironically you condemn stereotypes about the Battle of France than you sweepingly claim the PTO was just island hopping.  Ignoring China, Burma and India, the Phillipines, New Guinea.  Island hopping was just part of it.

Again the irony is almost too much. You complain about stereotypes and people just wanting American centric or Russiam centric games (and lets be fair.  The US out produced the entire world. Russia bled more than the rest of the world combined. Why WOULDNT they be prominent??) Lets also not forget that France actively helped the Axis and killed many Americans and British until it was more convenient to surrender (Op Torch)  but again I find it laughable you complain of stereotypes and national preference; then characterize the PTO as mere island hopping where speed didnt matter (btw its bewegungskrieg.  Blitzkrieg is a media invention.  The Germans didnt call it that. They said bewegungskrieg - war of movement) when if you had the slightest grasp of military history you'll know there hasnt been a battle speed hasnt been important in.  But no you complain of stereotypes and national preferences, then stereotype the US and Russia, and say France is just better because you say so (no cites or detail on air battles. Just name planes and make up an argument) and that naturally (cuz you said so) the French had a tougher fight and the BoF saw every type of air combat in its 2 months (cuz you said so) but somehow the next 5 years with the RAF then 3 years (1942 on with US) of near daily aerial combat involving thousands of planes somehow you assert it was only "high altitude stuff".

Smh.

Edited by Sublime
  • Like 1

This debate is really abscon, nonsense is said on both sides...

🙄

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Atomeur said:

but it wasn't the most popular plane during BOF (if we want that the game paste on the history) so not in the game base

After... in Premium... I am not against XD

Whatever it would be in base or premium but it has to be in a possible BoF. I don't know what you mean by "popular", but it was, as it was the best french fighter at that time (with the Arsenal VG.30-33 which was way too late entered in "production"). There were several air groups that were equiped in D.520 so it's elligible, if we consider we talk about early war quite low numbers anyway.

Edited by Solmyr
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Solmyr said:

There were were several air groups that were provided in D.520 so it's elligible

Plus, it can be used in further scenarios like North Africa for example.

• Upvote 1

I think thered be lots of potential for the German paratroop drops in Holland (and air cover for Eban Emael)

Also werent Stukas heabily used at the battle of Sedan?

Of course also for the game career mode BoF would fit well - if you had a set of early war modules itd be like a Kuban - and Dunkirk the Luftwaffe and RAF had a mini Battke of Britain..  Whatd also be cool about this is you could easily add in Crete/Greece/N Africa and maybe end with Torch..

The 693 played a pretty minor role but its just so cool that I'd like to see it.

34998397494_fbc2127d48_b.thumb.jpg.40d3e1eaefa9bfd55707eb6a5c3d5b04.jpg

But if BoF is going to be done then lets talk about essential machines. It doesnt get more essential than this;

ballon-verkenning-121.jpg.0cf009b7d944a59a213fc7b7b118e9fd.jpg

This thread drive me crazy about a future BOF extension :good:

For sure D520 should be collector as it was quite rare during the war.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

This thread drive me crazy about a future BOF extension :good:

For sure D520 should be collector as it was quite rare during the war.

If they release it as a collector plane, I'd buy  it.

The D.520 was our main interceptor (besides 109) in 1943 and 1944. It defended successfully and at great cost Sofia, the city I live in, from USAAF bombing raids. It's part of our history.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Didn't the Finns use a French fighter of some type?

15 minutes ago, Garven said:

Didn't the Finns use a French fighter of some type?

Yes, they used Morane 406 modified by Finns industrie and become Morko Morane (they replace the original Hispano engine by a klimov). 

• Thanks 1

I loved the cockpit of the Dewoitine 520 when it came out as a modded plane in old IL2.

Dewoitine 520 A.jpg

Dewoitine 520 B.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Only 79 D. 520's were in service in the spring of 1940. 

• Confused 1

On 4/11/2019 at 7:16 PM, Motherbrain said:

I'm American and trust me, I've had my fill of P-51s, P-47s, and P-38s. 😄

The Battle of France would be awesome.

b6d687c8a54f5371c7865e44be74bbbb.thumb.png.3b02d3c8a8131997e0116bf9d5c2e024.png

EADS1-D520-750x350.jpg.e395b8a5800f88fdb8b2a3918eb3e21b.jpg

leo45-4.jpg.0eff699bb18de3f2a8bbdc53258e9398.jpg

Sadly a lot of these planes are super obscure and not of info probably exists on them anymore.

The LeO 451 is a sweet looking airplane. Let me see if I can put together a quick French plane set...

About the LeO, there is one book in French, and a second volume would come. I can't say if that book is good or not, because i don't have it.

http://www.livre-aviation.com/LIORE-ET-OLIVIER-LEO-45-T1-:-LE-LEO-451-p-18635-c-1300_1303.html

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, LizLemon said:

The 693 played a pretty minor role but its just so cool that I'd like to see it.

Yes! The French Beaufighter!

Posted (edited)

An opus on the Battle of France would be very good news for me ...

May not be for the finances of 1CGS ...

even if I am surprised by the interest that sucite this post !

Edited by Pollux
  • Upvote 1

On 4/12/2019 at 3:43 PM, 6./ZG26_Loke said:

Axis

BF109E3

Ju87B1

BF110C2

He111P

Collector plane: Do17Z

Allies

Hawker Hurricane Mk I

Fokker D. XXI  Dewoitine D.520 NO WAY we'd not get the D.520 if ever a Battle of France dream comes true. And yes it was very marginal at the start of the active war (10 mai) but plenty of units received them very fast in the following weeks, so that it definitely was provided in substential amount during the whole campaign and its good quality leaded to a lot of the french "kills".

M. S. 406

Breguet 693

Collector plane: Blenheim Mk IV

Map

Maybe 2, one for Fall Gelb and one for Fall Rot. 

1 hour ago, Solmyr said:

And yes it was very marginal at the start of the active war (10 mai) but plenty of units received them very fast in the following weeks, so that it definitely was provided in substential amount during the whole campaign and its good quality leaded to a lot of the french "kills".  (I think you said this).

What I can see is that a lot of people like and want to play Dewoitine D.520. Of more, I think that they fought enough during the BOF and even after to be add in a campain or game  like this one.

10 hours ago, OpticFlow said:

If they release it as a collector plane, I'd buy  it.

The D.520 was our main interceptor (besides 109) in 1943 and 1944. It defended successfully and at great cost Sofia, the city I live in, from USAAF bombing raids. It's part of our history.

Yes, they did some missions after 1940, to defend differents parts of France, in the Aviation of Vichy or in FAFL.

Next to a BOF and It can't be realised, a addition with the FAFl is an idea too to add some French's aircrafts.

4 hours ago, Pollux said:

An opus on the Battle of France would be very good news for me ...

I think it can be a good news to some people here and to some people who not discovered team now.

Those glorious days in IL-2 where you only need the creativity of the modding community for such things...

GyjVEc6.png

Guys, better forget about Battle of France. With today´s quality standard´s by this Dev. team, it´s very unlikely that we will see this happen.  90% of the needed French planes are none existent today. Correct me pls if I´m wrong here. IRRC only the Morane and the Hawk 75 are still alive (and in flying condition).

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Today, yes, tomorrow not sure. There're two re-bulding project. One for the MB 152, and an other for the D551 (D520 evolution). A D520 is somewhere in France, don't remember where. The last flyable crashed 13 july 1986.

Edited by NN_Razor

12 hours ago, Semor76 said:

Those glorious days in IL-2 where you only need the creativity of the modding community for such things...

GyjVEc6.png

Guys, better forget about Battle of France. With today´s quality standard´s by this Dev. team, it´s very unlikely that we will see this happen.  90% of the needed French planes are none existent today. Correct me pls if I´m wrong here. IRRC only the Morane and the Hawk 75 are still alive (and in flying condition).

It exists :

-Dewoitine D.520

-Caudron CR.714

-Morane Saulnier MS.406

-Curtiss Hawn 75

-Potez 63.11

-A bloch 152 is being manufactured by DASSAULT (not finish)

-Potez 25

Maybe I fogot some aircrafts?

I think we can hope that A BOF can coming in the future (not now of course). We can saw that a lot of people is interrested currently (like in this forum) and sureley more with the time.