Atomeur

Are French planes coming a day ?

Hello, I create this post to ask a question for people who knows : Are French planes coming a day ? I talk of the french planes who fight during the second wold war like Amiot 143, Breguet 693...  Beacause there is American aircrafts, Russian, English, Geerman aircrafts... but NO French Planes, 0.

They were very important during the second world war and they have accomplished many missions that no pilots accomplished until then, in any other countries.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

They would be nice, but no Battle of France is being considered for the foreseeable future.

• Sad 1

Yes, I thought this too.

Even if French planes were in some other countries, it could be nice to put one just to say "they were present".

The only French content so far are the Gnome-Rhône 14M-4/-5 engines in the HS-129!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 1

They did this at least 😂 even if they didn't quote the countrie (or very rarely...). I think French aircrafts are going to never see the day or after a very very long time because "american, russian and german are ""best"" ".

5 minutes ago, Elem said:

The only French content so far are the Gnome-Rhône 14M-4/-5 engines in the HS-129!

And the Normandie-Niemen skins for the Yaks. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I think a D520 is being modelled for CloD thank's to fusion team.

• Upvote 1

If the Finnish side of the community ever win their push for a north front/Karelia expansion, maybe we'll get the Ms.406 then haha. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

You just "think"? it isn't encouraging.

20 minutes ago, jeanba said:

I think a D520 is being modelled for CloD thank's to fusion team.

I just want to know where you see this information because it is limit impossible...

21 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

And the Normandie-Niemen skins for the Yaks. 

It is always little compared to the history X)

Edited by Atomeur
I forgot "..."

16 minutes ago, Atomeur said:

I just want to know where you see this information because it is limit impossible...

Ok, they said that they are going tu put the D 520 but... I hope that we can play with it. I don't want him to be a passive decoration.

What do you mean?

In FC, it is aircrafts of first wolrd war. (And It is very good to put frenchs' aircrafts)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Atomeur said:

Hello, I create this post to ask a question for people who knows : Are French planes coming a day ? I talk of the french planes who fight during the second wold war like Amiot 143, Breguet 693...  Beacause there is American aircrafts, Russian, English, Geerman aircrafts... but NO French Planes, 0.

They were very important during the second world war and they have accomplished many missions that no pilots accomplished until then, in any other countries.

Fully understanding to you. In my personal opinion would be great if Devteam make in future IL2: Battle of France 1940. This area of warfare is very interesting and very important becouse it means a breakthrough in the conduct of aerial combat - side by side with modern machines like Spitfire, Bf-109, D. 520 fought planes with biplane philosophy like Fiat CR. 42 Falco, Gloster Gladiator and others. 

The battle for France has never been officially processed before, despite of  enormous possibilities. For example planes. Allied defended France and countries of Benelux with Morane Saulnier MS. 406, Curtiss H75, Dewoitine D. 520, Bloch MB. 152, Cauldron CR. 714, Hawker Hurricane Mk. I, Spitfire Mk. I, Baulton-Paul Defiant, Fokker D. XXI, Gloster Gladiator, and many other types from divebombers (Blackburn Skua, Nieuport...) to medium bombers (Wellington, Leo, tec etc etc). And what planes for Axis? The same possibilities - Bf-109C, Bf-109D, Bf-109E-1, Bf-109E-3, Bf109E-4, Bf-110C, Fiat G. 50, Macchi Mc200, Fiat Cr. 42, JU-87B, Do-17, Ju-88A-1, He-111, S. M. 79 and many others. This types I wrote from memory only. 

As I wrote above, this area have big possibilities. Maybe we will have one time this battlefields. This area offers enormous possibilities and, moreover, would also be useful for disembarking at Dieppe (1942) and Normandy (1944).

Edited by I./JG1_Baron
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

That would be awesome. I think they'll make them eventually.

What, no self-proclaimed forum police in this thread yet? Wow, I'm surprised, in a good way 😂

Edited by Arthur-A
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, I./JG1_Baron said:

The battle for France has never been officially processed before, with enormous possibilities.

I did some research during a long time, and I never found any games on the battle of France. It can be original.

I am totally agree with you, and they don't have to do all of the aircrafts because they did some of them at the day of today. They just have to developpe French aircrafts and maps. (the sky is already designed).

Moreover, the conditions of this battle weren't the same compared to battle of moscow, stalingrad... There are several diffrences who could do a good and different gameplay.

8 minutes ago, Arthur-A said:

What, no self-proclaimed forum police in this thread yet? Wow, I'm surprised, in a good way 😂

They don't like us to talk about French's planes ?

Finally, me too I am surpised.

Posted (edited)

Battle of France 1940 would make an interesting addition, which I would also like, but as it holds no appeal for [most of] our American or Russian friends I doubt that this will ever be done.

Edited by unreasonable

Posted (edited)

I think too. I did this post because I really love an addition of this type. I really want to play against aircraft more powerfull than mine. 😁

Edited by Atomeur

15 minutes ago, Atomeur said:

They don't like us to talk about French's planes ?

Finally, me too I am surpised.

Anything that's not late Western Front or Pacific. They think that if devs make anything except that, it would be a financial disaster and the game will seize to exist😂

• Haha 1

The title would have to be changed to IL2 Sturmovik: Fall of France.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Arthur-A said:

Anything that's not late Western Front or Pacific. They think that if devs make anything except that, it would be a financial disaster and the game will seize to exist😂

😂 All of the devs of the wold think the sam thing : what you say.  Nobody of them see that a game on this period never exist. But there are a lot of people who wants this : on all differents forums everywhere.

They are always in their "american way of life" "russian way of life".

😂 it isn't russian or american so...

We ( me and a lot of people ) wants a game on the early of the war : THIS IS ORIGINAL.

Edited by Atomeur
  • Upvote 1

We need them all. The more variety the better! Sure, the more "popular" fronts should be released first. But after all the "popular" ones are released, then what? I'm in no way against late Western Front or Pacific, but it would be sad if seeing the game being limited to only these theaters.

36 minutes ago, unreasonable said:

Battle of France 1940 would make an interesting addition, which I would also like, but as it holds no appeal for [most of] our American or Russian friends I doubt that this will ever be done.

I find it pretty interesting, if only for the Hawk 75. The ability to fly early 109Es, Hurricane, and an early American fighter would make it worthwhile imo.

I think they should do something like with FC or Tank Crew, have a less popular or known area done as a secondary project while they still work on the main one.

• Upvote 1

And ofcourse the Koolhoven FK.58 :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Yes, it could b a good thing and like you said "interesting" in differents points of view.

But a project like this isn't a "main project" at their point of view.

Yes, it is a rare plane 😂

Edited by Atomeur

2 hours ago, Atomeur said:
2 hours ago, I./JG1_Baron said:

The battle for France has never been officially processed before, with enormous possibilities.

I did some research during a long time, and I never found any games on the battle of France. It can be original.

Luftwaffe Commander... a short, but fun career during the Battle of France.

https://www.old-games.com/download/8891/luftwaffe-commander-wwii-combat-flight

Hawk%2075.jpg?fit=1024,682

Would love to fly a properly modeled Hawk 75.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Hawk%2075.jpg?fit=1024,682

Would love to fly a properly modeled Hawk 75.

Same. It did pretty well during the battle from what I've read.

It was the best fighter that the Armee de l'Air flew in any kind of significant numbers.  The D.520 was a great aircraft for it's time, but there were just too few of them.  I also would like the racy looking D.520, always thought is was a pretty aircraft.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Atomeur said:

Its right here in this forum! Go check the updates section in the specific CloD sub-forum.

I am kinda too lazy right now to paste the link. Bur iirc it is modelled to an advanced degree already, maybe even the VC. To be honest I am more eager to see the Vickers Wellington myself. 

Edited by danielprates

4 hours ago, Atomeur said:

Ok, they said that they are going tu put the D 520 but... I hope that we can play with it. I don't want him to be a passive decoration.

In that posted link they write about cockpit being ready, also they showed some Work In Progress flight footage (from the cockpit) in one of the later development videos. So don't worry, it will be flyable.

D520... it could be the only reason I would try COD again. 

+10000 for a Battle of France add-on.

I was taunted by a French aircraft...I left so that he would not taunt me a second time.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

D520... it could be the only reason I would try COD again. 

This plus the Martlet/Wildcat probably has me - but I will wait to see what they do to with the SP of that title.....

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Elem said:

However, not so far off are all the Russian aircraft with Klimovs - which is actually an uprated version of Hispano Suiza Y12! :)

Seriously tho, I'd love to see Battle of France modelled one day. 

Edited by CrazyDuck
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Atomeur said:

😂 All of the devs of the wold think the sam thing : what you say.  Nobody of them see that a game on this period never exist. But there are a lot of people who wants this : on all differents forums everywhere.

They are always in their "american way of life" "russian way of life".

😂 it isn't russian or american so...

We ( me and a lot of people ) wants a game on the early of the war : THIS IS ORIGINAL.

How to influence a favorable outcome is generally done by insulting people and the development team, isn't it? Works every time. Don't forget to add "my whole squad" to your argument how many people are interested in a Battle of France mod. And no, I'm not a member of the self-proclaimed forum police. Just tired as Hell of coming to a multiple nationality forum and seeing the same slanted view points and back handed insults tossed about .

As to flying all those fantastic early war machines, I'd like to fly some as much as anyone else. But as has been argued here before, over and over and then even stated by the developers, they can only afford to gamble on what they see as sure things. Even then, it isn't a guarantee of success. The Spanish Civil War or even the Battle of France aren't likely to generate huge sales. Your best hope is to continue to buy the game modules as they are released so the team's sales continue to grow. Like we Americans did when the BoX series consisted of three Eastern Front installments. Maybe then they'll have the resources to model a BoF. Tell your squad and the lots of people you know.

Edited by Rjel
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3