AKA_Goshawk

AKA_Wardogs multiplayer servers

I've been asked to open a discussion topic for our servers, which have been set up with the assistance of Coconut, with our gratitude.

Nice to see several using it regularly.

AKA_Goshawk

"Gos"  

Do the AKA servers have a discord channel, like coconuts, that provides mission info (this also lets you determine time remaining in a mission)? I have seen players from coconut's normal server, me included, testing the waters on AKA Normal. Also, tried registering for the War Dogs forums but I get the message "registration disabled", or something similar. With the end of coconut's servers not too far away, I think a lot of pilots will look to the AKA servers for their "fix". Looking forward to many happy hours on the server.

Registration on the Wardogs forum was disabled by me due to hacking attempts on the forum in the past. Camm has my email. Send me an email message with the names of those in your group that may want access and I'll set them up and get you the info for them to log in.

Some of us have Discord, but others do not like it, preferring TS instead.

Gos

2 hours ago, -325th-Porky- said:

is it possible to get a synopsis of server missions and aircraft sets?

I'll have to get back to you on this. I don't set the missions and plane sets up. I just service the server.

Gos

Posted (edited)

Myself and I think many other players would be pleased if the GPS can disappear. Navigating was a important thing in the days back than and is part of those kind of flying imo.

Good that we have the 1:1 Coconut Expert online, thanks for the server !

Edited by KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82

Thank you for your post.

I appreciate your inquiry and understand your concern about the GPS.

However, since the server was established at the time as primarily for the use of the squadron, and the majority of the members wished for that option, we decided to make it available. In the AKA_Wardogs squadron every member has an equal vote, including the CO and XO.

Regarding the ability to navigate without using the map in the game, might I suggest you make a copy of the map of that area and print it out onto a cork-board, like I did. It works very well and adds that desired challenge to the mission.

We welcome all fliers who wish to use the server, but likely will not be able to accommodate everyone's request.

My apologies for that.

Gos

Posted (edited)

From a AI use perspective, the Kv1s has a AI version in the game, so it should be applicable. :good:

The Tiger does not have an AI version, for mission building use, included yet. Deploying them under AI control may prove problematic. 😐

Same for the PzIII-m and M4-A2 Sherman.

In my limited testing, using player tanks under AI control causes mission crashes. ☹️

Edited by Thad

There is AI for the Tiger and the new KV1 but that was not my intension.

I would  like to see this new tanks as driveable versions (with Ai pendants fighting at your side) in the Groundbattles.

The question is... is it  possible to "easily" implement this Feature into the skript ?

You may already be aware of this Gos so treat this post strictly as an FYI.

I can't find a working link to your Forums.

The link on your Homepage to the Forums and the current 1946 campaign page take you to a "404 Error - Page Not Found" page with a whole bunch of advertising links.

Homepage: http://www.akawardogs.net/

Most of the other links below the Memorial Page link don't work either. They take you to the same 404 Error page as the Forums link.

Current 1946 campaign: http://aka-server.no-ip.org/

The Historical Stats link takes you to a 404 Error page on the no-ip domain.

The Forums link takes you to the same "404 Error - Page Not Found" page as the link on your Homepage.

Wheels

On 9/17/2019 at 8:53 AM, wheelsup_cavu said:

You may already be aware of this Gos so treat this post strictly as an FYI.

I can't find a working link to your Forums.

The link on your Homepage to the Forums and the current 1946 campaign page take you to a "404 Error - Page Not Found" page with a whole bunch of advertising links.

Homepage: http://www.akawardogs.net/

Most of the other links below the Memorial Page link don't work either. They take you to the same 404 Error page as the Forums link.

Current 1946 campaign: http://aka-server.no-ip.org/

The Historical Stats link takes you to a 404 Error page on the no-ip domain.

The Forums link takes you to the same "404 Error - Page Not Found" page as the link on your Homepage.

Wheels

Hey thanks Wheels - actually, that's the old home page, although it was never taken down.  Try this page:  http://www.goshawknest.com/Home.html .

Relent