E69_Qpassa_VR

FW190 breaks heavily after hitting a Spitfire which does not

Posted (edited)

Sadly, this is not the first time something similar happens to me, and It seems it's a bug because the FW190 maybe wouldn't have to break so easily and the Spitfire was unaffected by the hit.

My stats: http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/es/sortie/log/4218513/?tour=47

His stats: http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/es/sortie/log/4218515/?tour=47

Edited by E69_Qpassa_VR
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

No need to bump. People are ignoring your post because it is stupid 🙂    There are *always* discrepancies in the damage done when two aircraft collide and it has nothing to do with bias or overmodelling.   It has more to do with pings etc as one PC registers the wings touching and the other thinks they missed.    It is just as often the Spitfire exploding and the 190 being undamaged but a couple of bad results in a row can still happen without breaking that statistics.  Last week a 190 collided head on with my P47 and I exploded while he flew away without damage.  Do you really think a 190 could survive going nose to nose with a P47 radial?

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex
spelling
  • Upvote 5

There’s no need to be impolite. I don’t mind if the bug is in the damage model or is it in the clients not registering an impact in each plane. I have never seen this issue on 46 or clod.

I didn't say there’s  a bias or overmodelling. Maybe you are quite thin skinned. Just keep the topic in a civilized way.

5 minutes ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

There’s no need to be impolite. I don’t mind if the bug is in the damage model or is it in the clients not registering an impact in each plane. I have never seen this issue on 46 or clod.

If the video you posted above is from a multiplayer session, you are wasting your time. The devs have said more than once that, due to variances in internet connection quality that come with MP, only offline damage reports are what they will look at. 

1 hour ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

I have never seen this issue on 46 or clod.

I flew both of these and one of them, I think it was 46, used to base the results of collisions on relative speeds.   The logic was that if two planes collide it is probably the fault of the attacking aircraft and that was likely to be moving faster.   They then made the faster one explode and the slower one be unaffected as it was the 'victim'.     I am not saying it was a good method  though 🙂    BTW,  these games *did* have the same problems with lag in collisions and when you added in the 'speed' logic you ended up with planes exploding when they did not think they had been anywhere near close enough to collide because the 'victims'  PC had lagged and not seen the attacking plane dodge away after shooting.

I just saw this wonderful example of the flaws in the collision model.    A 109 rams an A20 and wrecks it but flies away undamaged!

I recall from my days flying Il-2 1946 single player that the collision model was extremely sensitive a lot of the time. Touch another aircraft with a wingtip and the entire wing came off, if the plane itself didn't explode.

3 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

I just saw this wonderful example of the flaws in the collision model.    A 109 rams an A20 and wrecks it but flies away undamaged!

-snip-

Haha. That's CLoD levels of broken...

7 minutes ago, Leifr said:

Haha. That's CLoD levels of broken...

Once again, a video from online game play, which the devs don't pay really any attention to. 

2 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Once again, a video from online game play, which the devs don't pay really any attention to. 

We know.

On 4/8/2019 at 1:41 PM, LukeFF said:

If the video you posted above is from a multiplayer session, you are wasting your time. The devs have said more than once that, due to variances in internet connection quality that come with MP, only offline damage reports are what they will look at. 

That's not exactly what we said. These are collisions and maybe there were lost packets. This is common in MP collisions. I wish it weren't so of course. When it comes to cannon or bullet rounds MP is not a good environment to test in to look for bugs related to relevant damage, that's what we were saying. Planes being impervious to collisions in MP is maybe a bug or maybe lost packets. All are hard to localize and fix.

Jason

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

That's not exactly what we said. These are collisions and maybe there were lost packets. This is common in MP collisions. I wish it weren't so of course. When it comes to cannon or bullet rounds MP is not a good environment to test in to look for bugs related to relevant damage, that's what we were saying. Planes being impervious to collisions in MP is maybe a bug or maybe lost packets. All are hard to localize and fix.

Jason

please locate this and fix it. I can not play MP ... that's why I bought IL-2 GREAT BATTLES SERIES.

thx!!!