Han

Developer Diary 220 - Discussion

27 minutes ago, yogy said:

@IckyATLAS : You are right, but as you see the people here are very interested in superficial stuff like “flames and smoke”, not even in the battlefield marshal. That means “we”  the community is not willing to  pay for such basic stuff. That’s probably why a lot of such things are only done on a “must-do” level so the game is working. That was indirectly also mentioned in Jason’s interview.

What I really look forward to is the battlefield marshal. Some functionalities I hope it will have are

1. RADAR access or similar (to be defined in mission-file) and will report the situation to players in a configurablle way
  2. may have a “strategic” target which he tries to fulfill by defining missions (based on available definable ressources…)
  3. can predefine flights (could also be AI). That means, player will (after going to an airfield) choose missions (planetype incl. loadout plus target / loadout options) and get extra points if he achieves this target.
  4. marshal can communicate to all players of his side

For me something like this would be a huge step towards more overall “real warfare” instead of “furball fighting and uncoordinated cruising-around" - espacially #1 and #3 :)

They need to tell us more about what this is ment to be to get excited about it, it can be just some simple thing that alowes some player to select "all attack 1034 target" and will add nothing new or even mess up MP, and only eat more fps (like new in game stats did when introduced) or its some ultra complex thing that will change a lot in MP.

17 minutes ago, Bullets said:

Just a massive overhaul of the mission editor in general would be amazing.... In the right hands you can make it work but I’m still convinced you need to be a wizard to get the most out of it! 

Its not that hard to learn it, in week or two reading turtorials and testing it youll get hand on it, but its not as frendly as older versions of game had it, but even after i spend time to learn it i dont bather any more to make any missions with it, and that was not the case with older games where it was fun to make missions, while here itsa like work you dont wont to do.

Edited by 77.CountZero

1 hour ago, yogy said:

@IckyATLAS : You are right, but as you see the people here are very interested in superficial stuff like “flames and smoke”, not even in the battlefield marshal. That means “we”  the community is not willing to  pay for such basic stuff. That’s probably why a lot of such things are only done on a “must-do” level so the game is working. That was indirectly also mentioned in Jason’s interview.

What I really look forward to is the battlefield marshal. Some functionalities I hope it will have are

1. RADAR access or similar (to be defined in mission-file) and will report the situation to players in a configurablle way
  2. may have a “strategic” target which he tries to fulfill by defining missions (based on available definable ressources…)
  3. can predefine flights (could also be AI). That means, player will (after going to an airfield) choose missions (planetype incl. loadout plus target / loadout options) and get extra points if he achieves this target.
  4. marshal can communicate to all players of his side

For me something like this would be a huge step towards more overall “real warfare” instead of “furball fighting and uncoordinated cruising-around" - espacially #1 and #3 :)

To be fair (if it's true that) 90-95% of users are SP then none them (or us I should perhaps say) have any reason to care about the Air Marshal system. 

Be happy that the devs are catering to you 5-10%.

🙂

27 minutes ago, Soilworker said:

To be fair (if it's true that) 90-95% of users are SP then none them (or us I should perhaps say) have any reason to care about the Air Marshal system. 

Be happy that the devs are catering to you 5-10%.

🙂

Probably these 5-10% are a correct estimate:

Online player estimate: In TAW afaik there are <2425 players registered, so there probably less then 4.000 people playing online.

Offline: There are normally <500 people in the forum at one given time. If these represent 1% of the sold games, you end up at 50.000 sold copies.

PS: Personally, I like flying off- and online, but online is the icing of the cake of playing campaigns and quick-DFs.

Very nice!

I hope you can fix that flashing smoke glitch by next update.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Very nice!

I hope you can fix that flashing smoke glitch by next update.

I thought I was the only one that had this glitch!

• Like 1

Just now, Blitzen said:

I thought I was the only one that had this glitch!

Nah we're a bunch but most won't even try to mention it or make a proper report.

It's a "feature" from the previous update.

I really hope someone is working on a fix.

I have reported it here using someone else's video.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy
  • Thanks 1

Thank you guys very very much for this update I can’t wait to try out the 262 I have never flown one this will me my first one I fly in a sim and it’s a very nice one for sure the best looking one in the world 

Edited by Winglesschip209

Thank you for updates and all your hard work dev team!

So looking fowards to FC/new map and being a full-time single hermit again :)...Thank you

On 4/5/2019 at 11:02 PM, LukeFF said:

Nice to see the 262 with the EZ42 sight. @=FB=VikS, @Gavrick, will the throttle be modified when it is fitted, like on the D-9? 

Its not possible to fit handle on throttle - just due to its construction, and actually there is no photos of cockpit internals available with EZ42 installed, only this one (external)

ez42Me%20262.jpg

and the only available photo with possible "idea" how its maybe looked like - is this one:

EZ-42_Komponente.jpg

so if you check dev diary screenshots more closely - there is an additional lever on the edge of the left bank.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, =FB=VikS said:

so if you check dev diary screenshots more closely - there is an additional lever on the edge of the left bank.

Cool! Yes, I see that lever now. Yeah, it's a bit of a mystery how the setup actually looked, but I think you have modeled it well, considering how little info is out there. 🙂

All those crewmen and troops, standing around doing nothing, go sit on the wing-tip of my P-47 and direct me to my place on the runway, or grab the wing-strut of my Camel, halt my plane then spin it around, then take it to the hangar, because I have better things to do.

Also, go remove those chocks, or something.

4 minutes ago, Uninstalled said:

I reckon the air Marshall will be a bit of a Bolton Paul Defiant. An interesting idea, sounds cool, but in practice will be mostly useless and it would be better to have spent the resources on something else.

I'd like to see a little more about how exactly it works before I judge. I used to think the same thing, but honestly having someone coordinate attacks in online servers would help me decide where and how I can best be useful, which is my biggest concern online these days. I often feel like dead weight or I'm doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.

• Upvote 1