Sign in to follow this  
Trooper117

What happened to March?

17 minutes ago, InProgress said:

I can already see myself lost somewhere deep in the desert and running out of fuel :wacko:

Happened a lot to me in early Stalingrad winter map too

That was a 'significant' update from the 'new' PR guy? :(

What happened to the old 'new' PR guy?  At least he knew how to embed videos.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

That was a 'significant' update from the 'new' PR guy? :(

What happened to the old 'new' PR guy?  At least he knew how to embed videos.

I think they said he is on work trip. Just like every member of TF, they work in free time so can't do much when real job calls them.

Edited by InProgress

4 minutes ago, InProgress said:

I think they said they is on work trip. Just like every member of TF, they work in free time so can't do much when real job calls them.

Ah, that would explain why we're back to amateur hour again.  Thanks for the info:salute: 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 9:37 AM, Mysticpuma said:

ATAG Pattie reports over at ATAG that there will be a significant update today. 

Cheers MP

So what happened to the 'significant' update? If that Martlet video is all it was, well... colour my not surprised. TF5 is going to be flatter than a pancake by the time it arrives.

@Leifr I wonder where all this hostilities you show come from. I remember you as a very friendly and frequent user of ATAG forums. 

I wish this very welcomed and I see no reason for anyone to do otherwise. Even if it was of no interest. 

To date no sim have been able to accommodate me 100% I always had a reserve brand to rely on. Early old IL 2 I also flew Microsoft cfs. 

Let’s hope that when it drops it will result in a return to the full servers of yesteryear...then we will have two great products to enjoy...I do fear that the ‘Iron’ will have cooled too much, so to speak...but I have been wrong many times before....fingers crossed...CLOD in the glory days was just awesome...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

The original IL2 was even more awesome... pity Oleg really messed up with CloD.

I don't think he did. I blame ubisoft for that, they were publishers and when they said no more  $ for this project, what could they do? Same thing happened to silent hunter 5, good base game that required fixing by modders because ubisoft did not see potential in it so they dropped it in horrible state. I am sure he would not release this game in 2011 but polish it more. Doubt he had anything to say.

Don't get me wrong... In my mind he is still the WWII aviation god of simulation.

He changed and advanced the flight sim scene, and because of him the genre has progressed to what we have today.

But he had a vision with CloD that sadly didn't bare fruit, and as lead man he has to take some of that responsibility.

I still wish he had remained in the CFS world though. Without his input I doubt I would have become enthralled and continue to be enthralled with the genre.

When a project has massively overrun its budget and been delayed multiple times (years), hard business decisions have to be made. Sadly a classic case of feature creep. 

You can blame Ubisoft, but they had little choice in the matter, if they waited for it to be finished they would never have even got close to recouping their investment even if it had been a massive success 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

What happened to March, April and now nearly May.:lol:

Glad to know these guys are kept really busy with their day job, they will most likely never make a living from their hobby no matter how dedicated they are.:drinks:

Anyway, good job we have other things to interest us while we wait.

Take care.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin: