Alonzo

Combat Box by Red Flight

On 24/03/2020 at 18:09, Willy__ said:

Inicialmente  , gostaria de agradecer à equipe do CB pelo trabalho, que não deve ser menor.

Muitos companheiros azuis e eu gostaria de saber e reivindicar um número decente de 262 nos mapas, principalmente Eindhoven, B-25 Mitchell, Bridges e Scheldt.

É desanimador comparar e ver que nesses mapas temos pouco mais que 2-3 262, que na primeira meia hora do mapa terminou, enquanto o lado vermelho apresenta Tempestades e / ou dezenas de P51s e Spits, e quando tem um número razoável, eles estão sempre concentrados na parte inferior do mapa, como Fechando os mapas do Ruhr e Y-29.

Em resumo, pilotos e esquadrões que preferem voar de 262 estão claramente sendo prejudicados.

Peço à  equipe que reflita sobre essa situação, aumente o número de 262 nesses mapas e os mude de uma maneira mais equilibrada.

Tks

🙄

Very crazy lol, Change  your alcoólic drinks for history and techinical books.

Then bring consistent arguments instead of trying to pursue a comedian career!

image.png

• Like 1

What I'm suggesting is simply not limiting the 262 as much as it currently is. For example, there are missions in 1945 where the 262 could logically be represented in a somewhat historical manner but it doesn't exist in the map at all. Additionally, instead of only having two spawn the entire map, or two spawn every time some train reaches the airfield, maybe have 2 spawn every half hour or so and lock the fuel capacity to a certain amount; maybe 50%?

Next, I was suggesting a varying ratio of planes that is a bit more historically representative. For example, one K4 for every three G14s and maybe only half of the G14s are allowed to get the Mk108 mod? Stuff like that.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Anyone who sets up a combat server, creates maps and bears the costs, will certainly reserve if the right to modify the plane set regardless of how unfaithful it may be with the actual facts, I have never been surprised by this on any server since Warbirds lll from IEN, IL-2 1946 and I will not do it now, "if any server really follows the historical schedule, the axis abandons before 1944 maps.

Edited by =ABr=Jambock_Polaco

4 minutes ago, III./JG7-MarkWilhelmsson said:

What I'm suggesting is simply not limiting the 262 as much as it currently is. For example, there are missions in 1945 where the 262 could logically be represented in a somewhat historical manner but it doesn't exist in the map at all. Additionally, instead of only having two spawn the entire map, or two spawn every time some train reaches the airfield, maybe have 2 spawn every half hour or so and lock the fuel capacity to a certain amount; maybe 50%?

Next, I was suggesting a varying ratio of planes that is a bit more historically representative. For example, one K4 for every three G14s and maybe only half of the G14s are allowed to get the Mk108 mod? Stuff like that.

I think pilots on the receiving end of the 262 are mostly tolerating the current numbers, we don't have plans to increase it. If we lock fuel it unfortunately locks it across all planes on the server, so we can't use that to balance. While the raw dates,  history and orders of battle would imply a particular set of airframes for each mission, we're happy to vary things. Sometimes there's a 262, sometimes not. Sometimes 150 octane, sometimes not.

We have a map in the works that will feature more explicitly limited airframes, as well as repair/refuel/rearm for pilots to take their current bird back into battle if they wish.

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Hello, need help here ...
Too often the game crashes in CB. And when that happens it is generally in return for the mission ... When I destroyed targets ... For this month it is the first time but
I have not played much...
Today I was almost in the final and Bam !!! "back to the office" ...
obviously the destruction is not taken into account but what really annoys me is the index of fair play ... that is not good for my ego or my pride  😁
Enough jokes, has anyone encountered these "crash" problems and how have they been resolved?
Thank you.
Excuse me for this rough English.
Buzz

Edited by 615sqn_Buzz

15 minutes ago, 615sqn_Buzz said:

Too often the game crashes in CB. And when that happens it is generally in return for the mission ... When I destroyed targets ... For this month it is the first time but
obviously the destruction is not taken into account but what really annoys me is the index of fair play ... that is not good for my ego or my pride  😁
Enough jokes, has anyone encountered these "crash" problems and how have they been resolved?
Thank you.
Excuse me for this rough English.
Buzz

No crashes at all. I used to have random disconnects but they were caused by my ISP not the server. 

No big deal but I am curious.  Yesterday at around 15:05 UK time I spawned along with 56RAF_Moose1x1 and as he was starting his engine he said he thought he was being shot.  There did not seem to be anyone flying nearby and no bombers spawned near us but as I looked across at him I saw bullets hittings his fuselage.  He did not seem to have serious damage and flew anyway without problems but when I checked the logs today to see who it was I could see no sign of him being shot before take off.    Is there something that the logs don't show?  Does it ignore damage done to spawned aircraft to stop vulchers getting any credit from it?

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, 41Sqn_Banks said:

No crashes at all. I used to have random disconnects but they were caused by my ISP not the server. 

Ah, but I don't think it comes from the server, I had this problem also in the last TAW.

And I don't have any connection problems...

Edited by 615sqn_Buzz

19 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

No big deal but I am curious.  Yesterday at around 15:05 UK time I spawned along with 56RAF_Moose1x1 and as he was starting his engine he said he thought he was being shot.  There did not seem to be anyone flying nearby and no bombers spawned near us but as I looked across at him I saw bullets hittings his fuselage.  He did not seem to have serious damage and flew anyway without problems but when I checked the logs today to see who it was I could see no sign of him being shot before take off.    Is there something that the logs don't show?  Does it ignore damage done to spawned aircraft to stop vulchers getting any credit from it?

I had something very similar happen. Last night on one of my sorties on Battle of the Scheldt, when I spawned in I heard what sounded like cannon rounds hitting my aircraft. Looked around and noticed no enemy aircraft, no damage to mine, nothing wrong. And nobody attacking the airfield. I took off and flew to the target with no issues. I think maybe when aircraft spawn in they get dropped a foot or two and it makes an impact sound? and sometimes you hear it, other times you dont.

Also pretty sure someone was singing Disney princess songs in the chat???? I might be going crazy though.

1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

I had something very similar happen. Last night on one of my sorties on Battle of the Scheldt, when I spawned in I heard what sounded like cannon rounds hitting my aircraft. Looked around and noticed no enemy aircraft, no damage to mine, nothing wrong. And nobody attacking the airfield. I took off and flew to the target with no issues. I think maybe when aircraft spawn in they get dropped a foot or two and it makes an impact sound? and sometimes you hear it, other times you dont.

Also pretty sure someone was singing Disney princess songs in the chat???? I might be going crazy though.

I 100% sure saw shots hitting him and this was maybe a minute after he spawned in.   If I see it again I will hit the button to save my last 7 minutes of video. I never remember, even after getting a  good kill 🙄

12 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

I 100% sure saw shots hitting him and this was maybe a minute after he spawned in.   If I see it again I will hit the button to save my last 7 minutes of video. I never remember, even after getting a  good kill 🙄

Interesting. I got it on spawn. Was any damage visible on the aircraft? And yeah, I always forget to use the video capture too. 

I'm sure that damage still shows as received before takeoff is listed in the stats, since when I have screwed up my takeoff and hit something damage is shown in the logs.

37 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Interesting. I got it on spawn. Was any damage visible on the aircraft? And yeah, I always forget to use the video capture too. 

I'm sure that damage still shows as received before takeoff is listed in the stats, since when I have screwed up my takeoff and hit something damage is shown in the logs.

I had something similar happen, sparks and impact sounds right after spawn with nobody in sight.

7 minutes ago, Birdman said:

I had something similar happen, sparks and impact sounds right after spawn with nobody in sight.

Any noticeable damage?

Posted (edited)

Unable to connect to Combat Box since 3/4 days.

Do not charge the mission + like a big freeze + End with msg : Error #10019

I already cleared the folder Data\Miltplayer\Dogfight without changing the problem.

I can connect without problems on many others servers including :

Combat box Training

KOTA

Finnish

Wing of Liberty

72AG

Edited by JG300_Egon

3 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

This is an older bug. It used to be fairly common but has fallen off in the last few patches, though I still see it from time to time. As near as I can tell there is some association between the spawn slot a plane popped into the world in and that plane as it flies around in the game world. Sometimes when that plane is hit by gunfire the spawn slot will also display the hits. You will often see and even hear the effects of those hits on the plane. In so far as I know the effect to any plane in or near the effected spawn slot isn't applied. It is purely sound and visual, no actual damage. It could be tied to server performance, but I'm not sure. Most of the time I recall seeing this it was on servers where those 'multiplayer server overload' messages would pop up a lot. Or it could be something in this last patch triggered it more frequently than in previous patches.

Long story short, it isn't something that you need to be worried about in terms of your plane getting broken by invisible baddies.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, III./JG7-MarkWilhelmsson said:

I fly mainly Allied, but I am fine with the number of K-4's. Blues would usually be overwhelmed without it, and the server wouldn't be fun.

The 262 argument has gone on ad nauseam, and the admins have been perfectly clear what they are doing and why. Just for the sake of historical argument though, on the few rare occasions there were 30+ 262's flying together that you point out, I think you also have to consider they were engaging 1300+ B-17's and 600-800 P-51's. In nothing like the tactical situations we fly on CB, or anywhere in this game.

Basically, what I'm saying is the 262 numbers vs. adversaries you get now on CB are far more advantageous than any historical scenario.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, -SF-Disarray said:

This is an older bug. It used to be fairly common but has fallen off in the last few patches, though I still see it from time to time. As near as I can tell there is some association between the spawn slot a plane popped into the world in and that plane as it flies around in the game world. Sometimes when that plane is hit by gunfire the spawn slot will also display the hits. You will often see and even hear the effects of those hits on the plane. In so far as I know the effect to any plane in or near the effected spawn slot isn't applied. It is purely sound and visual, no actual damage. It could be tied to server performance, but I'm not sure. Most of the time I recall seeing this it was on servers where those 'multiplayer server overload' messages would pop up a lot. Or it could be something in this last patch triggered it more frequently than in previous patches.

Long story short, it isn't something that you need to be worried about in terms of your plane getting broken by invisible baddies.

Thanks. So it is a kind of 'Ghost Replay' of how you just died or how the person who last spawned there is dying now 🙂.   I thought it had happened longer after he spawned but I must be misremembering.  

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

Posted (edited)

Last night, I experienced 3 disconnects followed immediately by my router crashing and doing a forced reset.  I don't know how or why, but since it seems to happen most frequently on CB, I figured I'd post here.  This only happens in IL-2 multiplayer as well, all other online games I play are fine.  I went to other servers and had no problem.  One gave me a disco, but no router crash.

The first disco was just flying from one friendly spawn field to another with no combat.

The other 2 were while I was in the preflight map screen.  

Edited by 69th_Mobile_BBQ

2 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

Any noticeable damage?

Nope

1 hour ago, 69th_Bazzer said:

I fly mainly Allied, but I am fine with the number of K-4's. Blues would usually be overwhelmed without it, and the server wouldn't be fun.

The 262 argument has gone on ad nauseam, and the admins have been perfectly clear what they are doing and why. Just for the sake of historical argument though, on the few rare occasions there were 30+ 262's flying together that you point out, I think you also have to consider they were engaging 1300+ B-17's and 600-800 P-51's. In nothing like the tactical situations we fly on CB, or anywhere in this game.

Basically, what I'm saying is the 262 numbers vs. adversaries you get now on CB are far more advantageous than any historical scenario.

I understand that the larger numbers of 262 went up against thousands of allied planes at once. I have a table in my library that shows sorties by 262 units compared to what allied units they countered in the air that day. The point I'm trying to make is that the 262 was not as rare as many people think or make it out to be.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Alonzo said:

I think pilots on the receiving end of the 262 are mostly tolerating the current numbers, we don't have plans to increase it. If we lock fuel it unfortunately locks it across all planes on the server, so we can't use that to balance. While the raw dates,  history and orders of battle would imply a particular set of airframes for each mission, we're happy to vary things. Sometimes there's a 262, sometimes not. Sometimes 150 octane, sometimes not.

We have a map in the works that will feature more explicitly limited airframes, as well as repair/refuel/rearm for pilots to take their current bird back into battle if they wish.

Our squad enjoys flying on your server.  We would definitely fall into that category of reds that "tolerate" the 262.  We put up with it.  

If you ask me though, it ruins your (any) server.   

My squad does more than 'tolerate' the current number of 262s,   we enjoy knowing that there are some juicy targets available to shoot down 😉   Any fewer and we would never see them. Any greater and they might be a bit OP.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 615sqn_Buzz said:

I find that IL2 is very demanding on my hardware. If you are running anything overclocked, or have any concern/suspicion about your hardware, IL2 will eventually provoke a problem. For CPU I suggest running Prime95 "large" (memory) testing overnight to see if the CPU and memory are stable. For GPU, try running Heaven Benchmark on a loop or something.

9 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Canuck had an airfield AA gun shoot him on spawn. It was probably shooting at an enemy. I've moved that particular gun further from the player spawn point. Can you tell me which map and airfield? I will check if there are guns too close to the player spawn point.

11 hours ago, Alonzo said:

I find that IL2 is very demanding on my hardware. If you are running anything overclocked, or have any concern/suspicion about your hardware, IL2 will eventually provoke a problem. For CPU I suggest running Prime95 "large" (memory) testing overnight to see if the CPU and memory are stable. For GPU, try running Heaven Benchmark on a loop or something.

Thanks Alonzo, I'll try to do something with that.

13 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

My squad does more than 'tolerate' the current number of 262s,   we enjoy knowing that there are some juicy targets available to shoot down 😉   Any fewer and we would never see them. Any greater and they might be a bit OP.

Having the occasional 262 buzzing around is part of the late war experience. It brings a level of challenge that you don't really see with other adversaries. Where it's appropriate for them to be there, they should be there.

That being said, the people saying they are no worse than a K-4 or a D-9 are completely off their rocker. I was guilty of this before it launched, I expected it to be much harder for people to takeoff, fly and land than they have been. People online have the benefit of no fear of their lives, perfectly functioning planes and hundreds or thousands of hours of flight time. Flown correctly they are untouchable. Flown poorly they are still borderline untouchable for the average pilot.

On Battle of the Scheldt the other night I encountered one over friendly territory in a bomb-laden P-47. I noticed AA bursts nearby but couldn't see a plane, and thought it might be a disappearing aircraft bug situation - nope, the AA was just bursting almost a kilometre behind the aircraft it was shooting at. Then I heard the telltale buzzing and saw tracer fire go past my cockpit and the Schwalbe blew right past me. This was my face:

USAAF_Doge.jpg.f730da926241bcc53cee6d8ac4f8b838.jpg

I jettisoned bombs and pushed to full WEP and tried to gain some maneuvering room. He just zoomed basically straight up, rotated around, and came back at me again. I was able to dodge him like that one or two more times, but even with him using very energy-burning maneuvers (at least it appeared to me) and mostly being co-alt with me at the beginning, I never even got close. At one point I shot a long burst at him at 800 yards after he flew across my nose, just so other people could see the fight. The fight ended when he got bored and flew around behind our lines, covering ground between several airfields and ground targets before I lost him. I was only able to maintain visual contact by cutting corners to where I thought he would go.

If that was a fight with a K-4 or a D-9, by the second or third pass executed like that I would at least have had a reasonable chance at a snap shot. I'm not saying I'd live through it but I might put some bullets into them. With the 262 he was never in any danger.

Then, later that mission, a 262 over the Port of Antwerp basically occupied every defender's attention and killed a couple people before bugging out. Another 262 crashed.

They cover so much ground that they can basically threaten multiple ground targets or airfields within minutes. If you see one on your six, you have about half the amount of time to react as a regular fighter. 

It's a mistake to measure combat effectiveness by air kills. The 'meta' on Combat Box is to destroy the ground targets, if you want to win the map you have to kill theirs and save your own. A 262 doesn't have to kill anyone to completely disrupt an attack on an axis ground target - once its in the area it becomes the focal point of the covering fighters and forces all the attackers to either change targets, jettison bombs to avoid attacks, or make a quick and dirty attack and get out of dodge. Even the lowest risk high speed low angle attacks on targets can't consistently outrun a 262 on egress.

People talk about wanting to fly the 262 in groups but in the game its the ultimate solo flyers plane. Unlike with every other plane, enemy aircraft even with a significant height advantage may not be able to bounce you, and even if they do they won't have enough speed advantage to zoom back up and escape if they botch the attack. The need for a wingman is much reduced.

If you have 5 262s available on the server, you can park one over each ground target at say 10000 feet and do long, lazy orbits of all the approaches, bouncing attackers whenever you like. When you run out of ammo just dive and buzz them, chances are they will jettison ordnance to escape. You can basically freeze all Allied progress on the ground for as long as you can loiter, and also occupy enemy fighters that could be covering somewhere else.

Without the limitations the plane experienced in real life (minimal training, fuel shortages, unreliable parts, etc.) it's a real game changer for the Luftwaffe if it appears in any kind of numbers.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

That being said, the people saying they are no worse than a K-4 or a D-9 are completely off their rocker. I was guilty of this before it launched, I expected it to be much harder for people to takeoff, fly and land than they have been. People online have the benefit of no fear of their lives, perfectly functioning planes and hundreds or thousands of hours of flight time. Flown correctly they are untouchable. Flown poorly they are still borderline untouchable for the average pilot.

Purely for entertainment,  here is a two minute video of a 262 being caught by two Tempests.  I am not saying they can always be caught but we had a height advantage and were lucky that he turned across our path.  This meant we had quite a speed advantage over him when we engaged.

I do agree though that a 262 at full speed co-alt is pretty untouchable unless you get a lucky snapshot or he is stupid enough to turn too hard and bleed speed.

14 hours ago, Alonzo said:

Canuck had an airfield AA gun shoot him on spawn. It was probably shooting at an enemy. I've moved that particular gun further from the player spawn point. Can you tell me which map and airfield? I will check if there are guns too close to the player spawn point.

I would not worry as it souinds almost certain that it is the bug described by Disarray eg visual and audible damage but no actual damage done.   If you still want the info then the mission was 'Closing Of The Ruhr Pocket'  and it was the middle airfield but I cannot remember its name. I know we flew for several minutes S then SSE to pass Koln so is there a field near Dusseldorf?

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

18 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Purely for entertainment,  here is a two minute video of a 262 being caught by two Tempests.  I am not saying they can always be caught but we had a height advantage and were lucky that he turned across our path.  This meant we had quite a speed advantage over him when we engaged.

Basically, that's the ideal situation: a pair of skilled, coordinated players flying the best-performing mid-altitude allied fighter come in with a significant altitude advantage and get the drop on him. If he had seen you coming only a little earlier all he has to do is turn on the heat and go into a shallow dive for friendly territory and you'll never catch him. 

If you had missed, you would not likely get that chance again. Whereas in the reverse situation, the 262 could make repeated attacks with impunity. Basically the best allied fighter has to come in holding almost all the tactical cards to be sure of victory, or the enemy pilot has to make some truly silly mistakes.

I've killed one Me-262 in a dogfight on Berloga, solely because he tried to dogfight me, turning hard, rolling scissors, the whole nine yards. Very clearly just messing around with me. I've never even come close on a serious server and I've had quite a few encounters - although I also don't think I've been shot down by a 262 either, I have always seen them coming and dodged them. However in every case I had to get the heck out of dodge after dropping ordnance so it basically killed my sortie, so mission accomplished from a defensive perspective.

But that's the point of the 262, its a challenge to face and that's why I like to see a few of them on some of the maps. I like asymmetric scenarios as long as they don't feel helpless or too frustrating. It's like salt in a soup - too much ruins it, but a little bit brings out the rest of the flavour.

8 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

On Battle of the Scheldt the other night I encountered one over friendly territory in a bomb-laden P-47. I noticed AA bursts nearby but couldn't see a plane, and thought it might be a disappearing aircraft bug situation - nope, the AA was just bursting almost a kilometre behind the aircraft it was shooting at. Then I heard the telltale buzzing and saw tracer fire go past my cockpit and the Schwalbe blew right past me. This was my face:

USAAF_Doge.jpg.f730da926241bcc53cee6d8ac4f8b838.jpg

Doge is my favourite.

On Scheldt Allies can now close the Helmond air base by destroying enough parked 262s and other airfield assets (requires at least some bombs as well as killing soft stuff). I'm not sure if the reds have taken advantage of this since we made this change. It's also a heck of a lot closer if anyone in a Tempest wants to go 262 hunting during their approach or landing phases (not right at the airfield please, give them a bit of room).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alonzo said:

Doge is my favourite.

On Scheldt Allies can now close the Helmond air base by destroying enough parked 262s and other airfield assets (requires at least some bombs as well as killing soft stuff). I'm not sure if the reds have taken advantage of this since we made this change. It's also a heck of a lot closer if anyone in a Tempest wants to go 262 hunting during their approach or landing phases (not right at the airfield please, give them a bit of room).

First time I'm learning of this change.  I'll pass the word.   

Thanks for bringing back the Stalingrad Scramble map too.  It's definitely a map that I enjoyed during the pre-full release BoBp inaugural run of CB.

It's nice to see it updated with the BoBp final release plane set too. 

Does the mission still generate AI fighters when player count is low? 

10 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

A 262 doesn't have to kill anyone to completely disrupt an attack on an axis ground target - once its in the area it becomes the focal point of the covering fighters and forces all the attackers to either change targets, jettison bombs to avoid attacks, or make a quick and dirty attack and get out of dodge.

I find that the conventional Axis prop planes the 262s drag around with them are exponentially more dangerous when the 262 has everybody distracted.  I'll go so far as to say that at least 70% of the kills the 262 is truly responsible for were actually carried out by 109s and 190s. 

Hi, 

most awesome server as you can see this is where our squad flies.  I have a weird thing happening that may not be a server issue, but since this the only place I go, this is where it is happening. 

I am am using a reverb vr headset. Nividia 2080

problem is completely random, but most the time on Mitchell’s men. 

When I spawn in, there are two layers of ground.  Hard to explain but I can see trees and a base layer about 20 meters above me. Once I take off and go above the layer it melds back in together. Another aspect of this is sometimes the roads and airfields are not “flat” but roll with the hills. 

When this happens, at altitude, you can see tears in the map that kinda looks like a river.  At landing it looks like touch down, but nooo got another 20 yards. 

So has anyone ever seen this?

17 hours ago, VBF-12_Sluggo said:

I am am using a reverb vr headset. Nividia 2080

problem is completely random, but most the time on Mitchell’s men. 

When I spawn in, there are two layers of ground.  Hard to explain but I can see trees and a base layer about 20 meters above me. Once I take off and go above the layer it melds back in together. Another aspect of this is sometimes the roads and airfields are not “flat” but roll with the hills. 

When this happens, at altitude, you can see tears in the map that kinda looks like a river.  At landing it looks like touch down, but nooo got another 20 yards. 

So has anyone ever seen this?

I haven't seen that but I fly in a Rift S. There's a Reverb thread in the VR sub-forum, maybe someone there can help?

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/109-virtual-reality-and-vr-controllers/

22 hours ago, Alonzo said:

Doge is my favourite.

Thanks for adding this mechanic, we will definitely use it. Having no way to slow the 262 menace on Scheldt was frustrating.

I'm also in the category of mainly red, mainly tolerate the 262's. If it keeps people flying blue, and thus helps keep the server popular and competitive, I have to grudgingly admit they are good to have. Still hate them, and think there's too many. You guys know best though, CB is my favorite server for a reason!

Have to agree with BBQ, the prop fighters coordinating with 262's are more deadly than the 262's themselves. Just last night I was lighting up a 262 who overshot me, and his buddy snagged an easy kill:

https://combatbox.net/en/sortie/log/481527/?tour=20

When we do occasionally manage to put one down, I feel like the 262 kill should be worth like 1000 points.

22 hours ago, Alonzo said:

This right here is an awesome mechanic to add. Nice work. 

Before receiving any criticism, I used this plane in a pure defensive way over our targets and also I had to kill 2 vultures over our airfield that were killing people taking off and landings!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, =FEW=ayamoth89 said:

Before receiving any criticism, I used this plane in a pure defensive way over our targets and also I had to kill 2 vultures over our airfield that were killing people taking off and landings!

It is so sad that people flying the 262 now feel they have to clarify why and how they fly it.

the disrespect against such players is a shame. Fly how you want to fly it (ofc respecting server rules). Use it to its absolute max potential. No justifications needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My squad and some friends utilized the new mechanic on Schedlt to destroy the 262 base for our first time tonight. Blue side was pitching a fit in chat about not being allowed to attack an active field. We were very careful and didn't shoot any players on the ground, just airborne foe and static stuff.

https://combatbox.net/en/mission/4532/

The in-game map description seems to say players are fair game at this target too, but we didn't want to risk it. Would appreciate clarification of the rules on attacking players on the ground there.

Great addition, it was a tough target and a fun fight with 2 262's who had taken off plus some 190's. Once we took it out, the map was ours.

Edited by 69th_Bazzer

There is a max ping but it is fairly high, I'm not sure what it is off hand. I have noticed that this server is having a hell of a time lately. On missions where there are bots the server lag is becoming intolerable. I can put up with a little stuttering every now and then but this is a pause in the game for a good half second. After a while I was completely unable to rejoin the server when the mission rolled. My ping to the server should only be around 100 on the high end.