Alonzo

Combat Box by Red Flight

Nice video from @JorgeHFJ here -- a squadron of P47s deleting the German synthetic oil Factory in Operation Frantic. Some great ground attack shots here.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

Nice video from @JorgeHFJ here -- a squadron of P47s deleting the German synthetic oil Factory in Operation Frantic. Some great ground attack shots here.

wow is one brazilian pilot !!

ALONZO we need more maps on the server !!

44 minutes ago, 9./JG54_GermanWolf said:

ALONZO we need more maps on the server !!

We're testing Legend of Y-29 in 3 hours from now! Come see it! 🙂

The problem with these wartime test is not so obvious but very critical to identify.

1. The RAF test pilot flying the Fw 190A-3 didn't take the Kurt Tank's training course on how to properly fly the Focke Wulf. Thus they would not know specific nuances on how to get the best performance out of the Fw 190. As a real world example, while attending a 1-day class at AMG Driving School at KOTA last year, I was told to get the best launch from stand still in any Mercedes Benz  AMG , you need to be in "2nd Gear"!
  2. As the RAF didn't have many enemy aircraft to test at RAE Farnborough facility. Thus I am quite sure the test pilots were not pushing the aircraft to its limits as their stable of captured German aircraft are not easily replaceable.

So I would take the performance of the Fw 190A-3 and add 25% to it.

On 4/9/2019 at 6:35 PM, 56RAF_Roblex said:

DiveSpit190.thumb.gif.3b7ba0100ffd986f5ebbb50715fc6822.gif

29 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

The problem with these wartime test is not so obvious but very critical to identify.

1. The RAF test pilot flying the Fw 190A-3 didn't take the Kurt Tank's training course on how to properly fly the Focke Wulf. Thus they would not know specific nuances on how to get the best performance out of the Fw 190. As a real world example, while attending a 1-day class at AMG Driving School at KOTA last year, I was told to get the best launch from stand still in any Mercedes Benz  AMG , you need to be in "2nd Gear"!
  2. As the RAF didn't have many enemy aircraft to test at RAE Farnborough facility. Thus I am quite sure the test pilots were not pushing the aircraft to its limits as their stable of captured German aircraft are not easily replaceable.

So I would take the performance of the Fw 190A-3 and add 25% to it.

Wrong thread I think. 

• Like 1