Jump to content
Alonzo

Combat Box by Red Flight

Recommended Posts

I find that your blatant implication that I was "campaigning for red favor" when I was speaking about balance insulting as well.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alonzo said:

 

It's the same rationale as the Bridge too Far mission, in that P-38s simply weren't operating in the theatre at the time of the mission. On the plus side, it does give the P47 a role for this mission rather than gathering dust.

 

 

We've found it quite difficult to balance the bigger bombs. Against a small target you can just nuke the target in one pass, so we're mostly balanced around the smaller bombs, for now. Some maps do feature bigger bombs but that is usually only after we have seen players fly the map and learn it, as the results change once a 'meta' is established for the map. For example on the Closing of the Ruhr Pocket map, Dortmund airfield was a total meat-grinder the first time the map was played, and on the new Scheldt map the meat grinder is the V1 launch sites. But that may change as players learn the map and experiment with different attack strategies.

 

 

Glad you like it! The "pilots on the ground are not valid targets" thing is in the rules and in a server message every ~30 minutes. Do you mean that or a different rule?

 

Thanks alot for your reply. Congratulations for enforce for our leisure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alonso,

 

I do enjoy the maps, although after a while we do have the usual players who just CAP (camp) objectives and wait for players to turn up! 

In a full server you could say, take escorts, but when the server has lower numbers it is not always possible!

Now. I guess some players have to "camp" to keep their stats and ego's on a high, however, I was wondering whether the server is able to generate random targets!?

 

However, in the old days of CLOD, the SOW server admin guys were able to generate random targets that only became apparent once you were in a certain range of that target!

Therefore, to stop the "campers" and to create new objectives and to keep things "fresh", is this possible in CB or would it take to much time and resources to create and not really worth the effort!?

 

Thank you in advance

 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello

today i shot down 2 P47 's but i ws attributed 1 the other was given to another player from the same side who was not in the area , i soon as i shot the plane over Venlo 4 pm thailand time it was attributed to him in the list , i remember the name starting as Butrib . Further when we assist in a killing do we get any points because i did not get any . Finally do we inform these kind of situations here in the thread when they occur  or do we just accept the anomaly and is this kind of information useful for fine tuning the game files  ? regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Haza said:

I do enjoy the maps, although after a while we do have the usual players who just CAP (camp) objectives and wait for players to turn up! 

In a full server you could say, take escorts, but when the server has lower numbers it is not always possible!

Now. I guess some players have to "camp" to keep their stats and ego's on a high, however, I was wondering whether the server is able to generate random targets!?

 

However, in the old days of CLOD, the SOW server admin guys were able to generate random targets that only became apparent once you were in a certain range of that target!

Therefore, to stop the "campers" and to create new objectives and to keep things "fresh", is this possible in CB or would it take to much time and resources to create and not really worth the effort!?

 

Yeah, this is certainly true. I frequently get killed by some of the top pilots on the server, and it's because I ground attack in a fighter, drop bombs, and am a big obvious target at that point (plus I am bad and they are better than me, so once I get sixed I'm generally dead, and even if I egress a little I'm sometimes bad at actually clearing my six and get killed a few minutes later by someone who's been stalking me). But anyway, I agree that ground pounders tend to get given a rough time of it by the dedicated fighter pilots, but that's also sort of what you accept once you put bombs on the plane -- with bombs on, you're a target too.

 

We do want to keep doing interesting things with our missions. For some of them, most notably Closing the Ruhr Pocket, we have several moving convoys, so players won't know exactly where they are (only the rough area). Have you played that one? Do you (or anyone else) have thoughts on whether those convoy objectives help even things out a little between attackers and defenders? There's also the new Battle of the Scheldt mission that has some "area" targets although they are probably less than 10km x 15km so a little too small to really test the concept.

 

It would be possible for us to have more dynamic areas in the map, and even asymmetric map icons between the two sides (e.g. different information for attackers vs. defenders, to emulate "scouting" for targets and targets radioing to base that they are under attack). But it turned out that a lot of the server instability we had seen was due to manipulating map icons, so I reduced the map complexity to the bare minimum. I worry that adding more dynamic targets (if it means more dynamic map iconography) would reduce server stability.

 

5 hours ago, dog1 said:

hello

today i shot down 2 P47 's but i ws attributed 1 the other was given to another player from the same side who was not in the area , i soon as i shot the plane over Venlo 4 pm thailand time it was attributed to him in the list , i remember the name starting as Butrib . Further when we assist in a killing do we get any points because i did not get any . Finally do we inform these kind of situations here in the thread when they occur  or do we just accept the anomaly and is this kind of information useful for fine tuning the game files  ? regards

 

I'm not sure if you're talking about the in-game numbers, or the ones from the stats web site. Either way, I'm unable to change or fix those numbers. Generally the Combat Box website will tell you in more detail who hit which target, and where it awarded the kill. Yesterday both I and another pilot clipped a bandit, maybe landed one cannon shell each. The target then maneuver-killed themselves by flying into the ground. I was awarded the kill even though both of us hit the bandit. It's just one of those things, sometimes the stats don't go your way.

 

If a kill is completely lost then maybe there is a bug, but in the majority of cases it turned out to be pilot error or confusion, rather than a bug in the stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy New Year, everyone! To celebrate the New Year we are running The Legend of Y-29 every second mission in our rotation. Come fly a sortie on New Year's Day recreating the historic Operation Bodenplatte attack on Allied airfields. For extra authenticity if you're Allied, fly hungover or still drunk!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Haza said:

Alonso,

 

I do enjoy the maps, although after a while we do have the usual players who just CAP (camp) objectives and wait for players to turn up! 

In a full server you could say, take escorts, but when the server has lower numbers it is not always possible!

Now. I guess some players have to "camp" to keep their stats and ego's on a high, however, I was wondering whether the server is able to generate random targets!?

 

However, in the old days of CLOD, the SOW server admin guys were able to generate random targets that only became apparent once you were in a certain range of that target!

Therefore, to stop the "campers" and to create new objectives and to keep things "fresh", is this possible in CB or would it take to much time and resources to create and not really worth the effort!?

 

Thank you in advance

 

 

Brilliant idea. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Combat Box Summary for December 2019.

 

IL2 Stats tour report: http://combatbox.net/en/?tour=16

3,453 unique players / 14,270 hours flown / 16,091 air-to-air kills / 137,466 ground kills

 

This month we released one brand new mission—Battle of the Scheldt—based on the incredible ground battle in and around the port of Antwerp, on the westernmost part of the Rheinland map. This brings us to 6 missions on the new Rhineland map, spanning a time period from late 1944 through early 1945, with a variety of aircraft, configurations and loadouts on each mission to reflect what was historically available (and sometimes tweaked for balance reasons). We also started adding one 'classic' map to our rotation per week, so people get a chance to fly our older missions on the Moscow, Stalingrad and Kuban maps.

 

2020_1_1__21_35_40.thumb.jpg.1d73997ad66e37c9aba96f2e0281829c.jpg

(Photo credit: @Mordrac)

 

Overall win rate was almost exactly 50/50, with the Allies just edging a win for the month. We typically focus our balancing on missions where at least 100 players flew the mission, so these numbers are slightly different (at a low-population time of day, just a few players can win a map, and so we discount those missions when working on balance).

 

The admin team continues to do great work; thank you very much to the rest of the team for all your help and support. You can find us on our Discord with the @admin tag; the Discord currently has 1,359 members. We have slightly reduced our player limit to 72; although the server CPU has plenty of oomph, beyond 72 players we've started to see network lag and sometimes client performance problems simply because so many updates are being sent to them. We introduced a custom ping checking script as we found the built-in ping kicker was a little too sensitive to high pings at map start when lots of pilots are connecting. We used about 2,400 GB of traffic in December.

 

We gave away a copy of Battle for Bodenplatte, premium edition in November, and for our December pilots we're giving the option of either BoBP or a pre-order for Battle of Normandy. Many pilots mentioned they had already bought Bodenplatte, some because they wanted to fly on Combat Box with the latest planes! Any pilot who has flown at least 12 hours on Combat Box during the month was eligible for the prize draw.  @III./JG7-MarkWilhelmsson won the giveaway and just needs to claim their prize!

 

We very much appreciate our server donors and Patreon supporters. If you like what we're doing and would like to support us, please visit patreon.com/combatbox

 

Edit: Prize claimed! Mark has chosen the preorder of Battle of Normandy. Thanks to Mark (and our Patreons) for supporting future development of IL2!

Edited by Alonzo
Prize claimed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so a weird thing just happened...   I was following a Spitfire chasing a 109 they were in a looping fight and I was close to the Spitfire's 5o'c.  I was just enjoying the show and not cutting in.

We all got to the bottom of a loop, so I could see both planes clearly against the ground at less than 500m in front of me.  Then the 109 disappeared.  I don't know if the Spitfire could still see him, but he was flying like he was still following him.  Is this a bug?  Has anybody else experienced this online?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2019 at 10:04 AM, Haza said:

Alonso,

 

I do enjoy the maps, although after a while we do have the usual players who just CAP (camp) objectives and wait for players to turn up! 

In a full server you could say, take escorts, but when the server has lower numbers it is not always possible!

Now. I guess some players have to "camp" to keep their stats and ego's on a high, however, I was wondering whether the server is able to generate random targets!?

 

However, in the old days of CLOD, the SOW server admin guys were able to generate random targets that only became apparent once you were in a certain range of that target!

Therefore, to stop the "campers" and to create new objectives and to keep things "fresh", is this possible in CB or would it take to much time and resources to create and not really worth the effort!?

 

Thank you in advance

 

 

Nice idea but problem still would be persistant as many campers like to camp on the edge of spawn airfields radar looking for unaware pilots in a climb.

 

But sure it would encourage bombers, GAttackers and bring focus on destroying objectives rather than being feeding ground for Hartmanns.

Fighter/bomber balance would be better giving more immersion and historical accuracy.

So +1000 for that!

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a Dedicated bomber who loves bombing and only bombs for last 3 years.. 

Please do not give bombers air starts.
One of the primary parts of the mission and of the more interesting parts would be lost. 

All the planes ingame can easily climb to 3.5K fast enough (the min alt needed to avoid all Fast AAA) 

From take off fully Loaded He-111 Takes 10 mins to Reach 4,000M
(in the worst weather with worst winds and horrible pilot) 

so not much time at all. 
given the maps are 2 hours 




 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

... Has anybody else experienced this online?   

Yep, it happens to me frequently. It happens too on other servers (not a specific problem on CB) and it's disturbing (and sometimes dangerous for our own pilot).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, =TBAS=Sschatten14 said:

For a Dedicated bomber who loves bombing and only bombs for last 3 years.. 

Please do not give bombers air starts.

 

Don't worry! The air starts that we have in current maps are a "last resort" for when the airfields available would seriously disadvantage one side. We try very very hard to avoid air starts as they are quite "gamey" and we lose the simulation feel. Currently I think we have one map with one Allied air start (the Remagen map, down south) and one map with one German air start (Ruhr Pocket, giving blue a mid-map option). Unfortunately we can't edit the maps to add airfields, so we have to pick mission scenarios that can use the existing ones. We're unlikely to do a Battle of the Bulge map because there are simply too few airfields nearby 😞

 

We are planning some special event maps which might feature air starts, but those maps will be exactly that - a special event, probably run on a weekend, with some fanfare and advertising around them as being 'different' than the usual maps.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

Ok so a weird thing just happened...   I was following a Spitfire chasing a 109 they were in a looping fight and I was close to the Spitfire's 5o'c.  I was just enjoying the show and not cutting in.

We all got to the bottom of a loop, so I could see both planes clearly against the ground at less than 500m in front of me.  Then the 109 disappeared.  I don't know if the Spitfire could still see him, but he was flying like he was still following him.  Is this a bug?  Has anybody else experienced this online?   

 

1 hour ago, Otto_bann said:

Yep, it happens to me frequently. It happens too on other servers (not a specific problem on CB) and it's disturbing (and sometimes dangerous for our own pilot).

 

Umm...  Never mind.  I didn't shoot but, I managed to track down the stats of the Spitfire that did. He managed to get a PK at the shot he took on the top of the loop and the 109 managed to follow through perfectly to the bottom of the loop until it de-spawned.  I saw the Spitty make the hit with machine guns and the 109 only appeared to have sustained "scratched paint" damage. That's why I was so confused when it disappeared.  

 

I know it's a bit troublesome for the player(s) if they're stuck riding with planes that are made to only de-spawn after hitting the ground, even if the pilot is dead, but it just looks odd to see killed planes de-spawn in mid air like that - especially if they look like they're still alive, like that one.  

Edited by Mobile_BBQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Initially I want to congratulate the CB team on your work on the Combat Box. With each new map it is more interesting and challenging, especially for us at ABr who recently migrated from WoL. The reason for my post is to make a suggestion and a question (actually two in one): The suggestion is - could not be implemented a system of promotions and decorations as has in WoL? Many players (including me lol) find this gives extra motivation to engage in maps.

The questions are:

1) With the arrival of Yak-9 and Yak-9T do you intend to insert maps of the East Front on the server?

I think it would be very motivating, especially for players in the East Euope countries.

2) With the arrival of the Hurricane and BoN in future, it would not be interesting to extend the server's historical period from 1942 to 1945? We will have maps and planes to, for example, simulate the Battle of Dieppe or Operation Cerberus.

If it is possible to implement these two things, the Combat Box will be to BoS was the "Spit x 109" server was for IL2-1946.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, =ABr=422nd_RedSkull said:

Initially I want to congratulate the CB team on your work on the Combat Box. With each new map it is more interesting and challenging, especially for us at ABr who recently migrated from WoL. The reason for my post is to make a suggestion and a question (actually two in one): The suggestion is - could not be implemented a system of promotions and decorations as has in WoL? Many players (including me lol) find this gives extra motivation to engage in maps.

The questions are:

1) With the arrival of Yak-9 and Yak-9T do you intend to insert maps of the East Front on the server?

I think it would be very motivating, especially for players in the East Euope countries.

2) With the arrival of the Hurricane and BoN in future, it would not be interesting to extend the server's historical period from 1942 to 1945? We will have maps and planes to, for example, simulate the Battle of Dieppe or Operation Cerberus.

If it is possible to implement these two things, the Combat Box will be to BoS was the "Spit x 109" server was for IL2-1946.

 

Thanks for posting here, RedSkull. You asked me these in a PM and I asked if you would post here too. I'm interested in other opinions on all of these topics, but here are some of my own.

 

Awards and things, if we can do them easily using IL2 Stats, might be fun. We have lots of admin tasks already, but maybe there could be some awards for players that correspond to the kinds of flying we like to see on Combat Box. But what actually is worth rewarding? I'm interested in others' ideas.

 

For eastern front, we still have 'classic' maps in rotation sometimes. We are probably going to do one 'classic' map per week, so that's an Eastern front map 1/7th of the time.

 

I think using BoN to take the story back further in time, to Normandy, would be cool. I'm definitely interested in doing this. But it is many months away from reality I think. I'm again interested to hear what other players think -- is a 42-45 "Western front" server interesting?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alonzo said:

 

Thanks for posting here, RedSkull. You asked me these in a PM and I asked if you would post here too. I'm interested in other opinions on all of these topics, but here are some of my own.

 

Awards and things, if we can do them easily using IL2 Stats, might be fun. We have lots of admin tasks already, but maybe there could be some awards for players that correspond to the kinds of flying we like to see on Combat Box. But what actually is worth rewarding? I'm interested in others' ideas.

 

For eastern front, we still have 'classic' maps in rotation sometimes. We are probably going to do one 'classic' map per week, so that's an Eastern front map 1/7th of the time.

 

I think using BoN to take the story back further in time, to Normandy, would be cool. I'm definitely interested in doing this. But it is many months away from reality I think. I'm again interested to hear what other players think -- is a 42-45 "Western front" server interesting?

 

I'd love to see all phases of the war in rotation, but I understand that there are simply not enough hours in the day.  I'd be happy with BoN and BoBp focus with perhaps some of the late war Eastern Front mixed in.  I also wouldn't mind a 30-36 hour rotation worth of maps vs. the standard 24. It could help to randomize what maps play for everybody's respective prime time time zone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok to clarify the airstarts comment. 

im ok with them if you like simulating USA attacking somewhere with A20 that flew all the way from england but as we dont have that map so they arrive on edge of our map at like 5,000m after "flying from england" thats cool.

I just meant like no airstarts just so bombers dont have to climb when there is plenty of space and time and spawn points. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Alonzo said:

 

Thanks for posting here, RedSkull. You asked me these in a PM and I asked if you would post here too. I'm interested in other opinions on all of these topics, but here are some of my own.

 

Awards and things, if we can do them easily using IL2 Stats, might be fun. We have lots of admin tasks already, but maybe there could be some awards for players that correspond to the kinds of flying we like to see on Combat Box. But what actually is worth rewarding? I'm interested in others' ideas.

 

For eastern front, we still have 'classic' maps in rotation sometimes. We are probably going to do one 'classic' map per week, so that's an Eastern front map 1/7th of the time.

 

I think using BoN to take the story back further in time, to Normandy, would be cool. I'm definitely interested in doing this. But it is many months away from reality I think. I'm again interested to hear what other players think -- is a 42-45 "Western front" server interesting?

42-45 western front would be very cool, as long as we have the planes to do it. with the main-line planes from Battle of Normandy, Battle of Bodenplatte we already have, we could do a pretty decent approximation of 1943 onwards. I think once you go earlier, on the Allied side things get pretty slim, as you start to rely on  collector planes for most of the plane set. i.e. Spit VBs and Hurricane Mk IIs. I would love to get a chance to fly the Mk.II in a western front situation, just not sure what all else makes sense in the plane set. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have a suggestion that I think would add an interesting mission dynamic to Combat Box.  I've been playing as a high altitude level bomber this week to try something different.  It's been fun learning to use the sight and all of the dials, watching the bombs hit, and then trying to get away.  I think this is an under utilized feature in the game.  I've found it to be difficult because the bombs allowed are smaller usually which is the biggest reason not to do it in my opinion.  A loaded out 190A8 is just as effective usually.  I think it would be interesting to allow limited numbers of Axis bombers at certain bases to use the very heavy bomb loads.  (Unfortunately the A20 doesn't have a big bomb load available in the game, just a large load of smaller bombs.)  The Heinkel is able to carry a 2500 along with four 250 bombs.  It would be a lot of fun to light that baby off and in particular I think would work well on the Y29 map.  Allies would need to be more aware of the large bombers to win.  Axis pilots would be more encouraged to use the large bombers, fighters might be more interested in escorting them.  The heavy load bombers could be very limited similar to how the ME262 is regulated for balance reasons.  Just something to consider.

Edited by Bernardthefourth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the Mossie and the 410 on the horizon, how about an experiment?

When those two (together with the Ju 88C-6) are out, maybe try something completely different?

 

How about a "Twins Only" map, where all the aircraft you can chose are twin-engined and no single-engine fighters are available?

It could be kept semi-historical and maybe the weather colud be used to further make it more exciting - low, overcast ceilings or precipitation.

Then find (a) pinpoint target(s) hidden in a place on the map with little navigational features.

 

You could put a lot of clustered flak on there to keep things exciting without the fighters.

 

Believe me, there will be dogfights...

 

The only things not quite clear are:

1) What to do with the P-38s and 262s? They're probably a little too fighterish to make this work...

2) Does anybody get Pe-2s? Maybe, once upon the time, the Luxemburgians got some through a shady return Lend-Lease deal still widely unknown to this day...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2019 at 12:02 PM, =RvE=Windmills said:

 

Isn't the DC pretty much pure fantasy. Like almost zero confirmed reports of these being in frontline use.

 

All late model K-4s and G-10/ASs used them (...thus, maybe not extensively) but enough for the developers to add it to the game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

 

All late model K-4s and G-10/ASs used them (...thus, maybe not extensively) but enough for the developers to add it to the game.

 

1.98ata wasn't approved until at least April 1945

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
 
54 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

 

1.98ata wasn't approved until at least April 1945

 

1.98 ata was approved on 1st December 1944.

 

1,98ta ata rating cleared in DB 605DB/DC Motorenkarte, issued 1st December 1945.

 

DB605DC_limits_dec44Motorenkarte.jpg.b18f75a6bca92fdaf44a32a61ac91e99.jpg

 

Used on aircraft captured in 2nd TAF operational area in January 1945.

 

report_G10_C3.jpg.a6b094b53f18b0319e0d50f28629e77f.jpg

 

735FC341-EB08-4F22-9B24-8231DD542627.jpeg.7a7f48fe38edf8d9f28003d6ce9ec31d.jpeg

 

1,98 ata was withdrawn on 22 January 1945 from general frontline use for further testing by II/JG 11 in February 1945, when the majority of the Luftwaffe fighter force was redeployed to the Eastern front.

 

EEA2F211-F0AD-4CE2-A326-CFB61B10942A.thumb.jpeg.25b9ce3fdb2e10e77486ca1f7587b54b.jpeg

 

 

Field testing by II/JG 11 in February 1945 showed no issues with 1,98ata DC settings, and the issues encountered with the base setting of 1,8ata only were fixed in February 1945. 

 

 

198-040345.thumb.jpg.90b964388c4e56ea9b8d5d21f197ce57.jpg

 

Changeover to 1,98ata was again order for the four Bf 109G10/K4 Wings deployed in the British and American sectors in March 1945.

 

9B97D9C0-7170-49B9-955E-2104CC40E33E.thumb.png.826f30487d5611ff16b8f18adc845785.png

Edited by VO101Kurfurst
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

On applicable LW types for the late 1944/45 period, for mission planning.

 

Unfortunately currently we do not have G-14/AS modelled, even if its probably the most important 109 type for the late 1944 period.

K-4 with base DB engine is however a good stand-in until a proper G-6/AS or G-14/AS is added to the game.

 

Note - this is for the entire LW, i.e. all aircraft present with all units, servicable and unservicable, on all fronts. 

 

1. 109/190. LW fighter strenght with 1st line day fighter units, on 1st December 1944 was, per model:

 

109G-6 101 pcs     

109G-6/U2 2 pcs

109G-6/U4 43 pcs

109G-14 649 pcs

109G-14/AS 249 pcs

109G-14/U2 15 pcs

109G-14/U4 66 pcs.

109G-10 124

109G-10/U4 none

109K-4 198 pcs

190 A-2 through A-7 36 pcs

190 A-8 585 pcs

190 A-8/R2 75 pcs

190 A-8/R6 74 pcs

190 A-9 73 pcs

190 A-9/R6 2 pcs

190 A-9/R11 15 pcs

190 D-9 124 pcs

 

2. Me 262. The number reported on strenght in day fighter and KG units (did not check the rest), as of 1st December 1944 (all Me 262 versions)

 

23 Me 262s reported on strenght by III / EJG 2.

14 Me 262s reported on strenght by III / JG 7.

 

1 Me 262 reported on strenght by Stab / KG 51.

47 Me 262s reported on strenght by I / KG 51.

36 Me 262s reported on strenght by II / KG 51.

16 Me 262s reported on strenght by IV / KG 51.

 

2 Me 262s reported on strenght by Stab / KG 54.

16 Me 262s reported on strenght by I / KG 54.

3 Me 262s reported on strenght by III / KG 54.

 

Grand total of 158 Me 262s on strength on 1st December 1944.

 

3. 109/190. As of LW fighter strenght with 1st line day fighter units, on 31 December 1944, little have changed - older models were phased out (-), newer models were getting more numerous (+), particularly the D-9:

 

109G-6 91 pcs     -

109G-6/U2 1 pcs -

109G-6/U4 13 pcs - 

109G-14 298 pcs - -

109G-14/AS 184 pcs -

109G-14/U2 10 pcs -

109G-14/U4 101 pcs. +

109G-10 121 pcs

109G-10/U4 4 pcs +

109K-4 159 pcs - 

190 A-2 through A-7 23 pcs -

190 A-8 461 pcs - 

190 A-8/R2 28 pcs - 

190 A-8/R6 16 pcs -

190 A-8/R11 0 pcs - 

190 A-9 35 pcs -

190 A-9/R6 none - 

190 A-9/R11 28 pcs +

190 D-9 238 pcs ++

 

 

4. 109s. As on 31 January 1945 the combat units of the Luftwaffe and their associated Erganzungs Einheiten, had the following strength in Bf109 types.

 

These are on hand totals, they include both 'frontline' and 'other' units. Included are all aircraft operational and non-operational at the time. (combat/Ergänzungs=OTU):

 

Bf109G1/5 (0/1)
Bf109G12 (0/5)
Bf109G6 (71/328)
Bf109G14 and G14U4 (431/190)
Bf109G10, G10/U4 and G14/AS (568/3)
Bf109K4 (314/0)
Bf109G10/R6 (51/0)

Total (1435/527)

 

Other Jagd types totaled (1058/359)
Schlacht types totaled (680/375)
Nachtschlacht types totaled (422/95)
Zerstorer types totaled (42/0)
Nachtjagd types totaled (1241, no breakdown between the two)
Kampf types totaled (543/158)
Nahaufklarer totaled (407/27)
Fernaufklarer totaled (195/81)
See types totaled (78/17)
Transport types totaled (496/9)

Grand total (6597/1631)

 

5. Table of LW fighter wings and their current equipment, as of 25th March 1945.

 

Jagdwaffe TOE 25 March 1945.jpg

Edited by VO101Kurfurst
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VO101Kurfurst said:

Unfortunately currently we do not have G-14/AS modelled, even if its probably the most important 109 type for the late 1944 period.

K-4 with base DB engine is however a good stand-in until a proper G-6/AS or G-14/AS is added to the game.

 

it's 45 km/h faster at sea level though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VO101Kurfurst said:

snip

 

Will take your feedback on board when you fly a single sortie on the server.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

 

it's 45 km/h faster at sea level though

 

True (in game at least), but there's hardly a better solution if you want to represent high altitude 109s which are regrettably missing from the planeset.

 

It's a pity there's no "de-mod" option for the K-4, that would fix the tailwheel in a down position and remove the wheel well doors, with the associated extra drag. That would basically make it a G14AS / G10 for all practical purposes. It was not an uncommon configuration in the winter of 44/45 ( to prevent mud freezing in the wheel wells and sticking the landing gear).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just deliberately team killed on take off by some dude ... Marci3011 .... He then left.... Maybe consider banning him so he doesn't get to ruin someone else's day....

Really frustrating to survive many fights only to get ganked by some idiot....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Noticed something a couple of times and thought I would ask about it.  Have seen a pilot get killed by one pilot yet the kill goes to another pilot that got hits on the aircraft.  Is this the way it's supposed to be?

 

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

the kill goes to another pilot that got hits on the aircraft.

Same thing with flak. If you rip a guy apart and on his way down, the flak scratches his paint, you get the kill in game but only an assist on the stats page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, VO101Kurfurst said:

Note - this is for the entire LW, i.e. all aircraft present with all units, servicable and unservicable, on all fronts.

 

Which is entirely useless unless broken down by Front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here's a log example of the pilot kill vs kill credit issue.  It even says Snake shotdown the plane.  I came in after and put in a few rounds and got the credit.  (Not the same issue of kill credit based on hits on plane.)

 

EDIT:  Disregard.

 

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2020 at 12:58 PM, Turban said:

Was just deliberately team killed on take off by some dude ... Marci3011 .... He then left.... Maybe consider banning him so he doesn't get to ruin someone else's day....

Really frustrating to survive many fights only to get ganked by some idiot....

 

That player is now taking a one month vacation from Combat Box. I'd have put it down to "they're new" but this is the sortie log: http://combatbox.net/en/sortie/log/293434/?tour=17

 

Takes off, revs engine hard enough to damage it, shoots you down, takes a dirt nap, dies.

 

Sorry this happened to you.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...