Jump to content
Alonzo

Combat Box by Red Flight

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

Top pilots is made by the best pilots for every campaign?. I am the third in the stats so the-nines is.

Yes, the Ranking is per Campaign (Tour). One Tour lasts a month.

Edit: The "best pilots" in the bottom is from the last Tour which was testing.

Edited by Psyrion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2019 at 4:42 PM, 56RAF_Talisman said:

 

Found these 2 charts:

Image result for WWII aircraft dive speed chartImage result for WWII aircraft dive speed chart

 

Keep in mind that chart only shows initial acceleration, once the P-47 got going it will out accelerate everything in that list. (mostly)

 

Also, what does the first chart show exactly? Kind of looks like it shows acceleration once the aircraft is in the dive while the 2nd chart shows just the initial acceleration.

 

12 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

I am not arguing that a P47 has a good zoom climb, the stats don't actually say that and being able to dive fast does not always mean you can zoom climb well.  I don't know the answer as applies to a P47.

 

First hand accounts from both American and German pilots state the P-47 had an excellent zoom climb and was very difficult to get away from in a zoom.

Just the sheer mass of the 47 is a large benefit for it's zoom capability and is part of the reason it can hold it's energy so well (seems to lose energy a little quick but it's not horrible)

 

Sorry for the OT post.

Got a chance to try the server out the other day and was impressed. It was fun to fly, and it's nice to fly against something other than the K4.

It does feel a bit windy though but it wasn't a problem once I gained altitude.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

 I'm not sure why my squad is not visible in the ranking.

Perhaps the squad hasn't had four different pilots fly sorties after the squad was registered on the stats site, or not all members have registered.

Looks like there are currently three members in the squad:
http://il2na.com/en/pilots/8/E69_/?tour=5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm. it needs 4 active pilots. I know that the admins can lower that threshold.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Legioneod said:

 

Keep in mind that chart only shows initial acceleration, once the P-47 got going it will out accelerate everything in that list. (mostly)

 

Also, what does the first chart show exactly? Kind of looks like it shows acceleration once the aircraft is in the dive while the 2nd chart shows just the initial acceleration.

 

 

First hand accounts from both American and German pilots state the P-47 had an excellent zoom climb and was very difficult to get away from in a zoom.

Just the sheer mass of the 47 is a large benefit for it's zoom capability and is part of the reason it can hold it's energy so well (seems to lose energy a little quick but it's not horrible)

 

Sorry for the OT post.

Got a chance to try the server out the other day and was impressed. It was fun to fly, and it's nice to fly against something other than the K4.

It does feel a bit windy though but it wasn't a problem once I gained altitude.

Hi Legioneod,

 

I posted the charts just because I found them and thought they might be of interest regarding this thread; I am not trying to prove or disprove anything and I cannot speak for the charts.

However, I notice on the first chart (Dive) that the 109 and 190 are marked as initially better than Spitfires at dive speed, so I suggest the chart already takes account of initial dive speed of all aircraft and has displayed full dive characteristics across the board.  The second chart (Initial Acceleration) appears to me to show pure acceleration, so I presume that it represents data taken from level flight testing and not in a dive.  The charts are separate and do not come joined together, although it looks that way because of the way my copy and paste turned out. 

 

Happy landings,

 

Talisman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i added it to the list that we´ll attempt to lower the number of pilots needed for squads to be shown in the ranking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

I can confirm. it needs 4 active pilots. I know that the admins can lower that threshold.

 

2 hours ago, Psyrion said:

i added it to the list that we´ll attempt to lower the number of pilots needed for squads to be shown in the ranking.

 

4 hours ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

 I'm not sure why my squad is not visible in the ranking.

 

3 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Perhaps the squad hasn't had four different pilots fly sorties after the squad was registered on the stats site, or not all members have registered.

Looks like there are currently three members in the squad:
http://il2na.com/en/pilots/8/E69_/?tour=5

 

Thanks for the reports, folks. I have updated minimum squad size to 2, and now there are several squads listed. I've also fixed the URL problem so squad join links should have il2na.com in them without needing a manual edit.

  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Operation Neptune map. 0806.7 is detected as landable in the FWs.

Bug or feature?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

Operation Neptune map. 0806.7 is detected as landable in the FWs.

Bug or feature?

 

Bug, thanks for noticing! I've removed the NDB from the 'target' German airfield, it will be updated next time the map rolls around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This server fills a lack of overall late war scenario which is welcome :)

 

howewer when i tried it last night, i found out sadly i got lower fps with 30 players on the server than on WoL or KOTA when full...

There is too much AAA with tracers (which takes a lot of "power"). Too much little caliber which seriously affect flight pleasure near AF and objectives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

However, I notice on the first chart (Dive) that the 109 and 190 are marked as initially better than Spitfires at dive speed, so I suggest the chart already takes account of initial dive speed of all aircraft and has displayed full dive characteristics across the board.  The second chart (Initial Acceleration) appears to me to show pure acceleration, so I presume that it represents data taken from level flight testing and not in a dive.  The charts are separate and do not come joined together, although it looks that way because of the way my copy and paste turned out. 

 

No that is during the dive. What they are saying is that during the first part of the dive the Spitfire accelerates quicker than a 109 or 190 but later they will overtake it.

 

This chart here is for the Spit V versus the 190-A3.  It shows that 14.5 seconds after they both enter a dive,  the spitfire has gained 10m on the 190 but by 20 seconds the 190 has regained that 10m and then starts pulling away.

 

DiveSpit190.thumb.gif.3b7ba0100ffd986f5ebbb50715fc6822.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Great server. No lalg and great ping from where I live. Thanks very much!

 

One day I hope you add early war stuff. I love the 1941 plane set. I16 and P40 all day!

Edited by 7./JG26_Smokejumper
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be nice if the airfields were a bit thurther apart. Great server thou top work thanks LP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

tnks by the host, I'm from JG54, we like it very much, with almost no freezes. But I think the staff is more attracted with GPS on, and I think it has to be more explored missions in the rain and at night or at dusk.

Edited by 9./JG54_GermanWolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 9./JG54_GermanWolf said:

WOL Server has more people flying every day, they like more of the GPS connected.

Then fly wol ?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Missions at dusk and dawn and with different weather will definitely be explored. GPS will remain off though. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, LP1888 said:

Please no gps !!!!!!

Agreed. Its not that hard to learn to navigate if you just practice a bit. The maps we have in game have no errors and are perfect representation of the landscape, complete with 100% accurate outlines of forests and cities, and our compasses have no errors in how they work. Realistic navigation adds a lot of fun and immersion to the game.

I don't think they need to make any concessions here to bump up server numbers, at least not yet. It's doing pretty well even though most of the planes are still in early access. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be OK with GPS, but to be honest the majority of the maps on this server are pretty easy to navigate without it (especially the D-Day map).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re,

 

Seem that "subtitle" error is specific to not english version (player in french version have the problem, not in english version).

 

Cheers

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -IRRE-Genius said:

Seem that "subtitle" error is specific to not english version (player in french version have the problem, not in english version).

 

Was this on Operation Frantic? I've re-synchronized the translation files with the English, it might fix the problem. Sorry about this, something in the editor I guess went screwy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 9./JG54_GermanWolf said:

WOL Server has more people flying every day, they like more of the GPS connected.

 

 

I Wolfy! I love you bro but hate GPS.   :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What a fantastic server. 

 

No GPS, well designed and placed objectives, low pings, late war machines and scenarios, armament flexibility and English briefings too!

 

Thank you for your efforts and I hope the server prospers! 

 

Regards

Edited by Bilbo_Baggins
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the D-Day map before the allies capture ground I accidently hit friendly bunkers that were unmarked in 508-8 in enemy territory just east of German artillery.  Could friendly ground units be more clearly marked especially when they are located in enemy territory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a chance to fly here a bit last night and I really enjoyed it. I hurt my hand recently so flying is limited but I will definitely return. 

Where in Canada is the server located?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

American players or other locations when they find BOX with low ping

"Heaven, I'm in heaven... And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak"
ipanews_35251b9c-06f4-4976-9e4c-03ee85617a9c_1.jpg.3393e6a5a40180d70c8626f98540f495.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to put it out there for anyone who doesnt understand the physics; the aircraft that can accelerate faster in level flight will also accelerate faster in a dive until it reaches the critical mach limit of its airfoil. After that, the aircraft with the least amount of parasitic drag and is most aerodynamic will accelerate faster.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today the GOA squadron while flying in formation with BF110G towards target in Kalinin, one of our pilots (GOA Karaya) was shot down because someone entered to take his rear gunner and strafed the elevator. All our planning went to the garbaje and it was very annoying. It would be great if the adminis can find who did it. I have reviewed the flight itinerary and the incident appears but it does not figure who was in the gunner's turret.
Thank you Alonzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GOA_Walter_Nowotny said:

Today the GOA squadron while flying in formation with BF110G towards target in Kalinin, one of our pilots (GOA Karaya) was shot down because someone entered to take his rear gunner and strafed the elevator. All our planning went to the garbaje and it was very annoying. It would be great if the adminis can find who did it. I have reviewed the flight itinerary and the incident appears but it does not figure who was in the gunner's turret.
Thank you Alonzo

 

That's a pity if there's no way to see who is occupying the gunner seat on the stats report. I'm sure WOL server has some sort of measure in place to prevent friendly killers in turrets as I've seen guys banned for it before there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This looks very interesting. I'll try to get a few of us 334th in there very soon.

@Alonzo Are custom skins allowed? I'd love for the 334th to be able to use our newly made skins, and think the A20's could fit in D-Day  and perhaps help some people at least pretend a bit more convincingly they are up against Bomber Command for a refreshing change.

a20bRAF BC.jpg

Edited by 334th_KMA
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, 334th_KMA said:

This looks very interesting. I'll try to get a few of us 334th in there very soon.

@Alonzo Are custom skins allowed? I'd love for the 334th to be able to use our newly made skins, and think the A20's could fit in D-Day  and perhaps help some people at least pretend a bit more convincingly they are up against Bomber Command for a refreshing change.

 

Custom skins are allowed and (dare I say it) encouraged! We in Red Flight have a number of custom skins, and I know some of our sister squadrons also do. One of the guys actually has a "skin sync" tool that allows you to synchronize skins via FTP, since the game server doesn't do that itself.

 

We had a player griefing this evening, by joining bombers as a tail gunner and shooting the tails off. We are investigating, but I am already reasonably confident I know the culprit. This kind of thing ruins everyone else's fun and we take it very seriously. Expect a ban for that player in due course.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alonzo said:

 

Custom skins are allowed and (dare I say it) encouraged! We in Red Flight have a number of custom skins, and I know some of our sister squadrons also do. One of the guys actually has a "skin sync" tool that allows you to synchronize skins via FTP, since the game server doesn't do that itself.

 

We had a player griefing this evening, by joining bombers as a tail gunner and shooting the tails off. We are investigating, but I am already reasonably confident I know the culprit. This kind of thing ruins everyone else's fun and we take it very seriously. Expect a ban for that player in due course.

Admins that actually ban players that cause problems for everyone else? Truly remarkable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Salute !

I started flying this week and I am very satisfied with the server and I have a lot of fun. I just do not like the idea of starting in flight, but if it's really necessary, I do not see any problems. Congratulations on the work I'm really very happy with COMBAT BOX!

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hadn't played Il-2 in about two weeks, and when I went to play, I saw a North American server with 40+ people in it, and the newer planesets.  I had a good time. and look forward to more maps.  Keep doing it.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...