Combat Box by Red Flight

Mordrac

Calling all plane artists! CombatBox and HSD are organizing a contest for racing skins!

To participate, create a new racing skin until April 24th. We will then make a poll with all entries and the community can take their picks. The top 4 skins will receive some cash via paypal! We'll finalize the details of the poll after collecting all the submissions.

Rules:
- To submit a skin, upload it to HSD and put some screenshots into #skin-contest on our Discord server!
- You must submit a new skin that has not yet been published elsewhere.
- One skin per participant. Quality over quantity!
- Deadline is April 24th 20:00 CET
- You must spend your prize money on flight sim :)

Prizes:
- 1st place: 20$
- 2nd place: 10$
- 3rd & 4th place: 5$

SkinContest.png

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3
Alonzo

Huge thanks to @Wim and friends at Shark Squad, we have an awesome "mission briefing" video for our new Operation Market Garden mission. Check it out.

I'll also mention that this mission, like all the others, features an extensive SRS radio integration. We have a speech-recognition voice bot that will understand your radio calls, assign you and your flight a call sign, and provide tasking and tactical updates throughout your mission. If you haven't tried it yet, please log in and give it a try. More info on voice calls on our web page here: https://combatbox.net/en/info/

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6
ACG_Snowy

I would like to compliment the hosts of Combat Box for their well thought out maps, missions and implementation of SRS. Compliments also to participants who make good use of SRS. Just now I experienced a very enjoyable sortie on A Bridge Too Far in an A20 flying out of Gilze. Thanks also to the chap letting me know of the situation over the 21st Panzers and the airfield on my RTB. Much appreciated. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3
BH_Adabadoo_VR

Bad ping and getting kicked alot now.

I live in Los Angeles.

I get at least 150Mbit down and 18 Mbit up.  Upto 400Mbit down.

Less than 20ms ping on test.

Is there some optimal router settings to setup for IL2??

MTU size?  It used to be awesome but I'm getting bad ping and lag and disconnects just lately.

My internet is fast everywhere else.  Even updating combat box site is slow.

This is for both Combat Box mission and training server.  Any advise very much appreciated.

Combat box is my fix.  I neeeeeed it!

Tatata_Time

To the server admins,

Do you really have any problems with the 150 octanes and allowing the G-suit in maps from september 1944 till spring 1945? We have to deal with the 50's (only concrete tail in dev's fantasies), also I have to take into account my tight turns in deck against optimals 109 that can turn thighter than you and hold more G's (should be the "historical" miraculous 15 degrees seat,.....) or climb faster than you with no Energy penalty in high AoA nose up climbs....., and etc.,etc. ,etc., all those bla, bla, bla last year talked extensively.

Please don't add more points than original dev's have added from this last year, cause those points are creating a "bigger game killer". If you don't believe me, just check the server visit stats in this last year ( decreasing). All those points (original ones from developers and those added by server admins.) are creating a biased situation, of course I think it's a non conciously and non desired bias by you, but IT HAS BEEN and still BEING. Of course some experten are going to criticize these words (do it in silence dudes cause I'm only talking to admins., so I'm only expecting one answer from admins.), but only for one simple reason: experten don't want to loose the advantages in combat they really got now, even the non realistic ones. 

MP is one of the best ways, if not the most, of growing up numbers in any nowadays game.... so don't kill the "prodigal son", I mean with no soldiers you got no army to fight with or against them.

Crossing fingers and best regards

Alonzo
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Tatata_Time said:

Do you really have any problems with the 150 octanes and allowing the G-suit in maps from september 1944 till spring 1945?

You've posted this twice. We offer a varied selection of aircraft and mods on our missions. The admin team is reasonably comfortable with where things sit, but if there is a specific mission where you feel the match-up is not fair, please be specific. In real use, pilots on Combat Box were actually unable to determine whether they had a G-suit on or not, so that implies the g-suit has a small effect (I'm talking actual in-mission results, not some under-perfect-circumstances engineered test scenario).

Also, have you tried flying German? If I go look at your sortie history and find 100% Allied, your point of view is going to carry a lot less weight than someone who flies both sides and has a more balanced viewpoint.

If you have a problem with 50 cals or indestructible German tails, that's not something the Combat Box team can fix. The tails at least are getting looked at (see a recent dev diary). I'm kind of tired of the 50 cal complaints and I'm not going to engage on those.

Edited by Alonzo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Tatata_Time
3 hours ago, Alonzo said:

You've posted this twice. We offer a varied selection of aircraft and mods on our missions. The admin team is reasonably comfortable with where things sit, but if there is a specific mission where you feel the match-up is not fair, please be specific. In real use, pilots on Combat Box were actually unable to determine whether they had a G-suit on or not, so that implies the g-suit has a small effect (I'm talking actual in-mission results, not some under-perfect-circumstances engineered test scenario).

Also, have you tried flying German? If I go look at your sortie history and find 100% Allied, your point of view is going to carry a lot less weight than someone who flies both sides and has a more balanced viewpoint.

If you have a problem with 50 cals or indestructible German tails, that's not something the Combat Box team can fix. The tails at least are getting looked at (see a recent dev diary). I'm kind of tired of the 50 cal complaints and I'm not going to engage on those.

Edited 2 hours ago by Alonzo

and You only quoted me once but seems you read the original one and the second one but I guess you got few intentions of answering. Thru this year you've modified a bunch of map missions but if you want me to be specific: Y-29 (the only mission that match the BoBP) in where I based my previous observation. 01/01/1945: no 150 octanes....original map got it as an ingame selectable mod.... nowadays no more. BoBP 1945 winter map: G-suit was highly implemented in the american allied side for those days, otherwise dev team didn't even think in implemented it in BoBP expansion of GB.

The fact I'm puting emphasis in allied side doesn't mean I only play allied (that sounds like prejudice from you). Seems now I have to justify the points in disscusion with my C.V., don't I? I perfectly know how works german fighters: This point is the backup of my everything.

OF COURSE I got problems with 50's and 109 tails, from 1 year ago to be exact, but here is not the main problem. Don't let me be missunderstood or twist my previous words. Just READ

17 hours ago, Tatata_Time said:

Please don't add more points than original dev's have added from this last year, cause those points are creating a "bigger game killer"

These previously dissabled mentioned points by admins. add more dissadvantages than the dev team had introduced 1 year ago, so.... in this specific map generates an specific great unreal gap between german and allied fighters. I can't sneak them from above due the lack of power in the 50's and the 109 hard tail...ok, let's try deck furballs....wtf I only got 100 oct. fuel... ok mate don't be panic at least you can.... turn tighter (in some dogfight situations) ... NO YOU CAN'T cause somebody has dissabled the G-suit but hadn't dissabled the 109 15 degrees magic seatback, so yes I also fly axis, but most of the times to have any kind of satisfaction I hop in an A-20 not in a 109. 

But anyway.... with your previous answer I got enough info to take my own conclusions and decisions. Thanks anyway... 

• Haha 2
Edgartonian2241

Recently got into il2,only 18hours flying time. Played on a few servers and from the second I logged on pilots were saying hi and very helpful. The have a discord and not one person has moaned about my noob questions and have helped me immensely in the sort time I have been involved. Want to learn get better and get involved more, I think this server is the ticket! Good work guys!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
GOA_Firebird_
1 hour ago, Tatata_Time said:

and You only quoted me once but seems you read the original one and the second one but I guess you got few intentions of answering. Thru this year you've modified a bunch of map missions but if you want me to be specific: Y-29 (the only mission that match the BoBP) in where I based my previous observation. 01/01/1945: no 150 octanes....original map got it as an ingame selectable mod.... nowadays no more. BoBP 1945 winter map: G-suit was highly implemented in the american allied side for those days, otherwise dev team didn't even think in implemented it in BoBP expansion of GB.

The fact I'm puting emphasis in allied side doesn't mean I only play allied (that sounds like prejudice from you). Seems now I have to justify the points in disscusion with my C.V., don't I? I perfectly know how works german fighters: This point is the backup of my everything.

OF COURSE I got problems with 50's and 109 tails, from 1 year ago to be exact, but here is not the main problem. Don't let me be missunderstood or twist my previous words. Just READ

These previously dissabled mentioned points by admins. add more dissadvantages than the dev team had introduced 1 year ago, so.... in this specific map generates an specific great unreal gap between german and allied fighters. I can't sneak them from above due the lack of power in the 50's and the 109 hard tail...ok, let's try deck furballs....wtf I only got 100 oct. fuel... ok mate don't be panic at least you can.... turn tighter (in some dogfight situations) ... NO YOU CAN'T cause somebody has dissabled the G-suit but hadn't dissabled the 109 15 degrees magic seatback, so yes I also fly axis, but most of the times to have any kind of satisfaction I hop in an A-20 not in a 109. 

But anyway.... with your previous answer I got enough info to take my own conclusions and decisions. Thanks anyway... 

😄

kissTheSky

I’m not sure if I’m ready to go multi player, but what is this training server I’m reading about? Does one only see it once s/he joins in server?

Thanks 

Alonzo
1 hour ago, kissTheSky said:

I’m not sure if I’m ready to go multi player, but what is this training server I’m reading about? Does one only see it once s/he joins in server?

We run a training server which contains practice areas (takeoff and landing, ground attack, shooting a target drone) as well as dogfight and duelling areas. In the dogfight areas you'll find both players and AI airplanes. Icons and GPS are on for training, so you can see everything easily, or hide your HUD if you want more realistic practice.

You should be able to see the training server if you browse the 'dogfight' multiplayer server list. Just double-click and you'll join.

On 4/19/2021 at 12:31 PM, Tatata_Time said:

I'm having trouble decoding your complaint, but a couple of points:

• 150 octane doesn't give you magic powers to win turny deck fights. It helps with acceleration and climb. Once you're on the deck and slow and turning, it's not going to help.
  • We haven't disabled the g-suit. It's not a mod that we have control over. The game automatically enables the g-suit when flown from American air bases after a particular date (I've forgotten the date). All the missions have their date set as shown in the mission briefing. If you find a specific mission where this is not the case, please let me know and Sketch or I will look at the mission file.

Have you tried TacView? It's super helpful in looking at fights and why you won or lost.

• Like 2
Tatata_Time
12 hours ago, Alonzo said:

150 octane doesn't give you magic powers to win turny deck fights. It helps with acceleration and climb. Once you're on the deck and slow and turning, it's not going to help.

Due it's lack of magic... then you should have no problem in able it again in that map don't you? Otherwise I couldn't understand why in the previous release of this mission you can set the 150 oct. mod..... but... anyway I'm going to do an act of faith believing in magic: here it is.....and now here it isn't: I love rabbits vanishing tricks.

12 hours ago, Alonzo said:

The game automatically enables the g-suit when flown from American air bases after a particular date (I've forgotten the date)

So, from your words I can only understand that G-suit not only depends on the map (in this case: Winter 1945), also in the airfield you've choosen, even if you've set an american A/C with an american default american skin only cause the airbase is british.... am I right? Quite interesting in that case...

Thanks for the tacview tip, I normally use it in other sims.

rogueblade
15 hours ago, Alonzo said:

Have you tried TacView? It's super helpful in looking at fights and why you won or lost.

We can use TacView on the CB server?

rogueblade
18 hours ago, Psyrion said:

Yup

I've been so wanting to analyse many of my failed fights! Time to figure how to use it

• Like 1
Alonzo

I've tried to clarify the instructions for the voice bot. Please give it a go and give us feedback.

"CB Radio" and AI Ground Controllers

Combat Box features artificial intelligence that provides strategic mission updates as well as new experimental voice recognition. You may hear AI voices on channel 1 radioing that targets are under attack or warning of heavy fighting, or broadcasting airfield conditions and traffic updates on channel 2.

If you wish to use the speech recognition, first join channel 2 and say "tower, radio check". The AI should respond that it can hear you. You can then say "tower, request call sign" in order to be assigned a call sign. Please listen carefully and remember your call sign -- currently you cannot request a specific callsign, one will be assigned to you. If you forget your call sign, do another radio check and the bot will use your call sign in response.

Radio calls work best if you use the "full" radio call sequence each time, i.e. [ident you are talking to] [your ident] [your location, if relevant] [your request]. Due to the way IL2 works, the bot only knows your location if you recently spawned, took off or landed, engaged in combat, or explicitly told it your location. On approach to an airfield, for example, you might have to tell it your grid before (or during) an airfield information request, but then you can ask for a landing and it'll know where you are.

"Kenway, this is Voodoo-2 in grid 1218, request mission" will be more reliable than "Voodoo-2, 1218, need mission." Abbreviated calls do work, but if you're having trouble getting a response from the bot, try the long/formal version. The bot supports the following commands:

"Tower, radio check"
"Command, comms check"
"Mic check"
Request a radio check.
"Tower, request call sign." Request a call sign for the duration of your mission. Call signs persist through death but are reset on map roll. If you forget your call sign, just do another request or a radio check and the bot will remind you.
Valid callsigns: Anvil, Banshee, Cowboy, Dropkick, Eagle, Falcon, Grizzly, Hellcat, Iceman, Jackal, Nighthawk, Lonestar, Maniac, Neptune, Outlaw, Panther, Quicksand, Raven, Scorpion, Tomahawk, Uncle, Voodoo, Wizard, Yamaha, Zombie.
"Tower, request call sign Uncle-4" Request a specific call sign. If it is available, the bot will assign it to you. Sometimes it's hard to get the bot to hear you correctly. Try distinctive call signs like 'Tomahawk', 'Raven', 'Voodoo', 'Eagle' and 'Quicksand'.
"Tower, flight of three, type 109, request call sign." Request a call sign for a flight of up to five aircraft. Only the flight lead should do this, and the bot will assign the 'lead' call sign to whoever made the radio call. Wingmates should follow up with "Tower, request call sign Voodoo-2" (or whichever call sign it assigned) to register that they are wingmen.
"Tower, permission to taxi"
"Ground, this is Vulture-5 request taxi"
Request taxi clearance.
"Tower, request takeoff clearance"
"Tower, this is Voodoo-2, ready to take off"
Request takeoff clearance. You may be denied takeoff clearance if an emergency landing is in progress at your airfield.
"Longbow, Wizard-1 in grid 2418"
"Command, this is Yamaha Lead in grid 1015"
Update GCI with your current location. If there is urgent activity nearby, the bot will direct you to it, otherwise the bot will simply acknowledge your update and remember your location. If future action occurs nearby, the bot will know where you are and coordinate you with other aircraft.
"Control, Nighthawk-2 in grid 3130, request assignment."
"Kenway, this is Uncle-3 in grid 1015, request mission."
"Command, this is Tomahawk-2 in grid 2024, need orders."
Request an appropriate mission for your location and aircraft role. For fighters, the bot suggests nearby friendly objectives that need protection or nearby enemy targets where friendlies need cover. For bombers, the bot will suggest a nearby enemy objective that you can attack. The bot knows if you have bombs/rockets and will treat you as a fighter or bomber. Jabos will automatically be treated as fighters once they have dropped their bombs
"Command, Maniac-Lead, strike package en route to grid 1716, ETA 5 minutes."
"Kenway this is Tomahawk-2, en-route to grid 2526"
"Longbow, Wizard-1, bomber target 1812"
Declare a bombing objective and (optionally) your ETA. GCI should respond with the enemy target name, indicating it understands your intentions. A few minutes before you reach the target, GCI will look for a nearby fighter and vector them to cover you. Shortly before target, GCI will give you a sitrep for your target.
"Kenway this is Tomahawk-2, ETA 4 minutes Update your ETA to target. This is usable at any point in your flight, and you should give an updated ETA to better help the bot coodinate fighter cover for your strike.
"Kenway, this is Anvil-1 in grid 1015, request cover" Ask for immediate cover, regardless of whether you previously declared a target. The GCI bot will attempt to locate a nearby untasked fighter and vector it to your location.
"Command, Tomahawk-1 in grid 1817, request picture" Ask GCI for a 'picture' of action in your immediate vicinity. If there's a "hot" location or heavy fighting within about 20km, it will let you know. It will also look for any enemies it knows about in your sector, and either say "picture clear" if it can't find anything, or it will warn you of the general amount of enemy activity. The bot is not all-seeing, so even if it says "picture clear" you cannot be sure you're actually completely clear of bandits, but if it says "caution, heavy enemy activity" it really knows there are enemies nearby.
"Longbow, this is Voodoo-5 in grid 2411, need vector to friendly airfield"
"Control, this is Arrow-Lead in grid 1017, request bearing home"
Request a compass heading for you to fly to the nearest friendly airfield.
"Tower, request airfield information"
"Tower this is Anvil-2 in grid 1017, request runway in use"
"Airfield, request advisory"
Request current airfield conditions such as the runway in use and traffic. Note: the bot doesn't magically know your location, so you may need to do "Tower, wizard-1 in grid 1015, request airfield information" to let it know where you are. After that a landing request with no grid reference should work.
"Tower, Banshee-2 in grid 1012, request landing."
"Melsbroek Airfield, Tomahawk-Lead, request landing."
"Control, Banshee-2 inbound for landing"
Pilots can ask the tower for a landing clearance. Due to the fact that many pilots are not on SRS, the tower can only give an advisory, but it should help you on your approach. You need to give a grid at some point in your interaction with the tower, to establish that you're nearby, but once you've done that you can request clearance without including a grid.
"Tower, Maniac-3 in grid 2417, emergency landing" Declare an emergency at a nearby airfield. The tower should give you landing clearance and advise nearby traffic, as well as denying takeoff clearances during the emergency.
"Longbow, say again"
"Command, repeat your last transmission"
Ask for a repeat of the last transmission. This only works if you include "Tower", "Command", "Longbow" or another specific station name, to avoid clashes with pilots chatting to each other. This command is useful if the GCI bot gets stepped on by another player.

Please use channel 2 whenever possible for setting up call signs and doing radio checks.

Channel 1 can get swamped with pilot chatter, and the bot will respond on either channel. If you are Allied, you can use callsigns "Kenway" and "Longbow" to address the bot, in addition to "Command" and "Control" that are used by Germany. If you're on channel 2 the bot will also respond when addressed as "tower" or "airfield".

The complete list of valid call signs are: Anvil, Banshee, Cowboy, Dropkick, Eagle, Falcon, Grizzly, Hellcat, Iceman, Jackal, Nighthawk, Lonestar, Maniac, Neptune, Outlaw, Panther, Quicksand, Raven, Scorpion, Tomahawk, Uncle, Voodoo, Wizard, Yamaha, Zombie.

Improving speech recognition

The bot is trained on speech samples from the pilot community. If you want to help train the bot to recognize your voice and accent, please join our Discord and see the #voice-recordings channel to download our bot-trainer utility. We really appreciate pilots submitting their voice samples — it helps make the bot better for everyone.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1
Charlo-VR

Very impressive, @Alonzo, and I think very clear!

Ideally this could be included in the mission briefing, since those of us in VR can then more easily refer to it in flight, but I suspect the briefing screen doesn’t allow table or css layouts, and also has character limitations.

Still, when I find more time to fly CB I will be eager to use your innovative SRS implementation!

ACG_Snowy

I am seriously impressed with how well this SRS implementation works. Very clever stuff and I recommend using it. It not only adds to the immersion but really does help coordinate flyers so they can work together if they want to do so. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
kestrel79

I think that's the best part. I fly later at night when there's not many people on. Finding the action can be tough. It's cool hearing the SRS vector you to the action. Very immersive I love it. Now if my baby would just stop crying and I could fly in VR for a couple hours...

StaB/Tomio_VR***

I shot down more than 300 hundred LW planes this month and i haven't see a single human 262... 😕

Really, there is not enough of them

It is so sad to restrict them so much because of few complainers who should maybe fly in another era of WW2 if they don't want to meet some.

There is plenty of servers with early and mid-war planeset but CB is the only one with late war planeset so the 262 should be more present especially if we consider that there was as many Tempests built as 262 which entered service. (about 800 which is also roughly the number of K4 and D9 built but we see much more of them)

Spit XIV is available, P-51B/C will be soon and will be faster than P-51D which gives additionnal aircraft able to catch the 262

The Normandy map will be available soon and of course, no 262 is expected there so the only way to see some will be the Bodenplatte map on which i don't see any currently...

What is gonna be the server policy when Arado 234 will be available ?

It flies slower than Me-262 but doesn't turn to engage fighters so it will be still hard to catch.

According numbers of production (244), there should be 6 times less of them than 262.

In the meanwhile, I reiterate my suggestion to put more 262's but restrict them to a jabo role with bombs and 2 cannons

It will give a bit more power to axis ground attackers force which lack some late war planes until we get the Me-410 and allows individual players to make a ground attack alone...

Restrict maybe a bit more K4 and D9 to allow more 262's. Just an idea.

It is so sad to have it and to don't see some considering LW has only 3 different fighters (262 included) in the game and one is skipped.

Edited by StaB/Tomio_VR***
  • Like 1
QB.Creep
7 hours ago, StaB/Tomio_VR*** said:

I shot down more than 300 hundred LW planes this month and i haven't see a single human 262... 😕

It is so sad to restrict them so much because of few complainers who should maybe fly in another era of WW2 if they don't want to meet some.

There is plenty of servers with early and mid-war planeset but CB is the only one with late war planeset so the 262 should be more present especially if we consider that there was as many Tempests built as 262 which entered service. (about 800 which is also roughly the number of K4 and D9 built but we see much more of them)

Spit XIV is available, P-51B/C will be soon and will be faster than P-51D which gives additionnal aircraft able to catch the 262

The Normandy map will be available soon and of course, no 262 is expected there so the only way to see some will be the Bodenplatte map on which i don't see any currently...

It flies slower than Me-262 but doesn't turn to engage fighters so it will be still hard to catch.

According numbers of production (244), there should be 6 times less of them than 262.

In the meanwhile, I reiterate my suggestion to put more 262's but restrict them to a jabo role with bombs and 2 cannons

It will give a bit more power to axis ground attackers force which lack some late war planes until we get the Me-410 and allows individual players to make a ground attack alone...

It is so sad to have it and to don't see some considering LW has only 3 different fighters (262 included) in the game and one is skipped.

You're at least half of the reason for the anti-vulching zones on the server. 

Hard no.

• Haha 1
StaB/Tomio_VR***

oh i didn't realize that 😕

but i don't see the link with having jabos 262's. They are too slow to make vulching long time if allowed ;)

QB.Creep

Bombs cannot be locked to the “on” position in the load-out screen. This has been suggested many times before - it is not an option. Don’t think it is possible to limit their ammo either. 

• Upvote 1
Mordrac

It's time to redline your throttle 'cause RACING IS BACK! There's a few new tracks to explore:

- Novoro Rip & Tear: A tight and agile time trial for late war birds! Can you pass below the railway cranes?

- Pashkov Fidgety: Become an Ace Combat protagonist! Whether it's Avalon Dam, Megalith, the space elevator... you get the point.

- Liman Technical: A racetrack designed by Krupinski that will put your tactfulness and your pilot's stamina to the test!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
jello_pudding
3 hours ago, Mordrac said:

It's time to redline your throttle 'cause RACING IS BACK!

I'd love to see live commentary on the races like can be found on many spectator sports, for those who cant participate. I honestly cant stop watching this trailer.

Mordrac
14 hours ago, jello_pudding said:

I'd love to see live commentary on the races like can be found on many spectator sports, for those who cant participate. I honestly cant stop watching this trailer.

Jakerthesnak did that for a tournament last year, it was quite fun! Unfortunately he doesn't have time this week.

Barnacles
On 4/24/2021 at 4:59 PM, StaB/Tomio_VR*** said:

image.thumb.png.a1d2eca1c47a98308dd684d5308dce18.png

Looking at the stats for the last two months, you can see that there's actually been a significant increase in 262 flight time.
Any difference to the amount of 262 you've seen might be some other factor.
Maybe the changes made to 262 spawns on March 22 have made a difference? (262s are available in greater numbers but do not get returned to the spawn)
People flew off the handle when their knee-jerk reaction was to think their 262s were being restricted but the number of jets has increased. 

Edited by Barnacles
  • Upvote 5
CSW_Hot_Dog

Gentlemen (and Ladies), fly with us on Saturday. This time as part of SturmovikFest 2021 !!!

https://discord.com/channels/562449901544538131/824320414447697990

Saturday-Encore-Flight.jpg.54963cfa17454502ab96d7d4d7ef7519.jpg

SATURDAY ENCORE FLIGHTS 

SeF Date/Time: 21:00 CET (19:00 GMT)

Server: Combat Box FnF

Comms: IL2 SRS

REGISTRATION PAGE: https://campbell20.github.io/Friday-Night-Flights-Pilot-Roster/

SRS INSTALLATION: https://github.com/ciribob/IL2-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Please note: All participants must be on and use SRS.

With control over Arkhipo, the German marines pushed Eastward along the road but were stopped by British ground forces near the bridge at 1726.5. Now the bridge has become contested, neither side wanting to destroy it - as they need the bridge intact in order to cross. Across the mountains German troops move to attack British signal forces. However, British signal forces have working radar and know that troops are inbound. In the sea, Armed Merchant Cruisers move along the British lines to bring food and more troops for the front. But not if the “Hammer” Wolfpack of U-boats finds and destroys them. This time, the British RAF is supported by American pilots and planes… P38s and P47s. Will it be enough to stop the new line of German Bf109K4s and Fw190A6s? Will the 13th Signal be forced to leave their outpost or will they be reinforced? Which side will win the ground war at 1726.5 securing the bridge for their side? Will the AMC be able to make it to shore? Sign up now to find out!

Planes:
Spitfire XIV vs Bf109K4
P38 Lightning vs Fw190A6
P47D22/P47D28 vs Bf110G2
A20 Havoc

Get Skins Here: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/70078-haluter%E2%80%99s-skin-downloader-for-the-il-2-sturmovik-great-battles-series/

SRS install guide: https://youtu.be/QQdAvhjZPvg

Untitled-1.png.bf4305011d174afbdab63691a76f4075.png

Edited by CSW_Hot_Dog
  • Like 2
41Sqn_Riksen

Mk-XIV-framed.png

Picture taken near B.77 Gilze-Rijen airbase on "The Legend of Y-29" map. In the picture, F/Lt R. Richards (Spitfire Mk.XIV EB-N) and F/O R. Lamothe (Spitfire Mk.XIV EB-Z) from the No. 41 Squadron RAF. Sortie information in the following links:

- Riksen: Sortie 1 and Sortie 2

- Zach: Sortie 1 and Sortie 2

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
StaB/Tomio_VR***
On 4/26/2021 at 7:19 PM, Barnacles said:

Looking at the stats for the last two months, you can see that there's actually been a significant increase in 262 flight time.

Really ? According stats in Feb and January, this plane was flown not 14 or 18 hours but 4d, 23h and 4d, 12h...

Precisely the opposite.

On 4/25/2021 at 3:41 PM, QB.Creep said:

Bombs cannot be locked to the “on” position in the load-out screen. This has been suggested many times before - it is not an option. Don’t think it is possible to limit their ammo either.

I haven't read the whole 108 pages of this thread but it's hard to believe. Also, there is an option for 2 cannons reducing the amount of shells from 360 to 160...

Alonzo
9 minutes ago, StaB/Tomio_VR*** said:

Really ? According stats in Feb and January, this plane was flown not 14 or 18 hours but 4d, 23h and 4d, 12h...

Precisely the opposite.

No-one on the blue side is paying any attention to what's actually occurring. A plucky team of Allied pilots have decided to make it their mission to keep 262s out of the skies and are killing them on the ground or during initial climb out. Maybe Axis needs to set up some actual airfield defence so they can get their jets in the air.

As a reminder, all player airfields include heavy flak set to 'high' skill, red flares and sirens when enemy aircraft are nearby, and a red ! on the map when there's a bandit. Me-262 startup takes around 3 minutes at best, so you're going to need some cover for about 5 minutes or more to get off the ground and safely into the air.

VBF-12_KW
29 minutes ago, StaB/Tomio_VR*** said:

Precisely the opposite.

I haven't read the whole 108 pages of this thread but it's hard to believe. Also, there is an option for 2 cannons reducing the amount of shells from 360 to 160...

Are you looking at the stats on combatbox.net?  I’m seeing same numbers that @Barnaclesposted.

StaB/Tomio_VR***

Who is this team alonzo, i was flying red in april so i didn't notice

12 minutes ago, VBF-12_KW said:

Are you looking at the stats on combatbox.net?  I’m seeing same numbers that @Barnaclesposted.

Yes. Stats of Me-262 in February : 4 days and 23 hours of flight time

https://combatbox.net/en/aircraft/1325/NO_FILTER/?tour=31

VBF-12_KW

Yeah you’re right, the 262s did fall off a cliff from Feb to March - 269 sorties down to 29.   My understanding was that the only change was not allowing jet spawns back into the pool after they’ve been used.  Are that many people spawning them and then quitting after failing to start the engines, before it registers a sortie?  Or were players numbers so low that the jets were just never available?  There should be way more then just one spawn per DAY!

Edited by VBF-12_KW
Alonzo

We have 3 or 4 maps with jets, and the jets should only unlock when we have a decent number of players on the server. I'd say for about 3-4 of our 3 hour missions per day we're at enough numbers that the jets would unlock. So I'd expect maybe at most one mission per day with jets unlocked, but there's some randomness there. It's saying 65 sorties in April but you're right, I don't see "canceled" sorties there so there might be some spawn/despawn sorties that aren't picked up.

• Upvote 1
ACG_Talisman

LOL, spawned in to find 36 x Hurricanes MkII, 36 x Spitfire V and all the late war LW aircraft available in abundance, like the FW D-9, Bf 109 K4, etc, etc.  Guess how many Spitfire XIV, well six!  Guess how many Tempest V, well six!

I left this madness and went and had fun on Flying Circus.

I am starting to think that single player and campaigns is the way to go for 1944-45 WW2 flying.  Forget MP me thinks.

Happy landings,

Talisman

=Elite=BlitzPuppet
16 minutes ago, ACG_Talisman said:

LOL, spawned in to find 36 x Hurricanes MkII, 36 x Spitfire V and all the late war LW aircraft available in abundance, like the FW D-9, Bf 109 K4, etc, etc.  Guess how many Spitfire XIV, well six!  Guess how many Tempest V, well six!

I left this madness and went and had fun on Flying Circus.

I am starting to think that single player and campaigns is the way to go for 1944-45 WW2 flying.  Forget MP me thinks.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Lately I'm more and more leaning towards the rule of letting people fly whatever they want. 

It worked fine in IL2 1946 as long as the missions were built well by the designer.

QB.Shallot
8 hours ago, ACG_Talisman said:

~~snip snip, no one should be forced to read that twice~~

I'm going to take a swing here and guess that you neglected to mention the near unlimited Spitfire IX's, P-51's, P-38's, etc. Not getting an objectively busted plane, and a brand new super prop that's still being balanced by the map makers in unlimited numbers isn't the end of the world. 

Best of luck against AI that turn circles until the inevitable onset of G-LOC forces them to make peace with mother earth. 

• Upvote 3