Combat Box by Red Flight

Alonzo

2 hours ago, adler_1 said:

The Great Red Conspiracy

As you can see in stats the blues always destroy more targets than the reds and yet the mission victory is given to the reds . that is because the reds have destroyed more mission targets . Upon careful examination we find that the reason why the reds have destroyed more targets is because there are less objects within the target to destroy . Further since the blues have to spend more time destroying objects within the target this increases the risk of being hunted down . The reds also have the advantage in some cases of using 150 octane which increases their intercept capabilities forcing the blue to wrap up and break or risk being shot down . Continuous negative results are leading the blue players to lose confidence and depression with all its negative effects post gaming .Please take into consideration in many scenarios we always play at an disadvantage due to inferior equipment  . Therefore we kindly request the management to review the missions enabling them to be more balanced . tks

A shit, you got us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Upvote 2

=TU=Mobius708
On 1/23/2021 at 3:47 AM, 41Sqn_Riksen said:

You're watching too many James Bond movies sir hhahahahahahahah

He's not wrong. I personally jumped over to the other side to kill him then came back. The reason for this is because @adler_1 has repeatedly killed the ships on the lowlands map BEFORE they have been recon'ed. The points form killing the ships only benefits the individuals stats and don't count for the mission objectives if destroyed before recon'ed. Then he always leave after hitting the ships, thats it. We had to do something...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 7

PainGod85
9 minutes ago, =TU=Mobius708 said:

He's not wrong. I personally jumped over to the other side to kill him then came back. The reason for this is because @adler_1 has repeatedly killed the ships on the lowlands map BEFORE they have been recon'ed. The points form killing the ships only benefits the individuals stats and don't count for the mission objectives if destroyed before recon'ed. Then he always leave after hitting the ships, thats it. We had to do something...

This is actually incredibly wholesome, and you've made my day.

• Upvote 2

RedKestrel
16 minutes ago, =TU=Mobius708 said:

It's ironic that he's complaining about how Blue destroys more targets and wins less maps when his own behaviour is contributing to that happening. 

But I must apologize then, there really is a conspiracy...of the blues, not the reds...to which I give a hearty LMAO. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, adler_1 said:

The Great Red Conspiracy

I used to try to be nice. I used to try to answer your questions and point you in the right direction on things. But I realize it's just a waste of my time and everybody else's electrons.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

Seriously Kampfilot. You are the most predictable person that plays the game. Get on the server, typically hit the cargo ships (because they are worth more) instead of taking out the ships with guns to actually make it easier for others, and leave the server. Hell sometimes you won't even take the aircraft back to the field to put it back in the pool for others to use.

The only objective you advance is padding your own score. You've made a name for yourself and people rightfully think you don't belong at the top of the scoreboard, so yes, people are going to hunt you and destroy you.

• Upvote 4

Aurora_Stealth
15 hours ago, =TU=Mobius708 said:

This pretty much sums up the problems for the Luftwaffe doesn't it.

Can shoot down an additional thousand aircraft without blowing a sweat.

Can't recon and maintain air superiority over the world's largest pond.

Problems lmao

NO.20_Krispy_Duck

The WW1 guys have been working on how to get points to the recon players, and after some trial and error, came up with a workable solution. The recon mission is performed by overflying a certain area in a designated recon plane. I think CombatBoX already has this part of it. What they did in the WW1 missions at the J5 server is that when the recon player successfully lands, a designated ground object spawns near his plane and he shoots it with his pistol. Destroying that ground object gives him the recon points in his score. It has its flaws, but we've been doing it for a few weeks that way, and it seems to work pretty well. In fact, recon is one of the more valuable missions you can fly in the J5 server now. I suppose what you could do is have the targets revealed on the map after the overfly is done, then the recon guy gets his points when he returns to base and successfully lands. I guess he gets nothing if he is killed on the way home in this system, but at least it's the possibility of something for him.

Edited by NO.20_Krispy_Duck
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SShrike said:

Are the fine creators of this great server from Canada?

It's a team effort, we have six admins including two of us creating missions and everyone else working on running the server, the Discord, and all that. But I'm in Canada and the training/secondary server is hosted in my basement. The main server is hosted in New York (well, it might be Jersey, but it's close).

how is it possible for two separate individuals to use the exact same name in-game.  i thought that was tied to your main il2 account.

Rache-der-Boote / COMBAT BOX (IL2 stats)

among the several names this pilot has flown under is a CIA_Elanski.  

this is the real CIA_Elanski, a pilot i have personally flown with and against for well over a decade.

CIA_Elanski / COMBAT BOX (IL2 stats)

am i to understand that its possible to use any name, even if that exact name is used by another player?

RedKestrel
6 minutes ago, CIA_Luth said:

how is it possible for two separate individuals to use the exact same name in-game.  i thought that was tied to your main il2 account.

Rache-der-Boote / COMBAT BOX (IL2 stats)

among the several names this pilot has flown under is a CIA_Elanski.  

this is the real CIA_Elanski, a pilot i have personally flown with and against for well over a decade.

CIA_Elanski / COMBAT BOX (IL2 stats)

am i to understand that its possible to use any name, even if that exact name is used by another player?

Seen this before by trolls, though not to my recollection on CombatBox. Generally they replace one of the letters in a way that doesn't show up with the font.

Like an upper case "i" replacing the lowercase L. Basically spelling the name CIA_Eiansky, or replacing the capital i in the squad tag with a lowercase l.

Mad-Moses

I would just say this in regard to stats...

Pilot ranking should just be total points. 

You already get heavily penalized (-90%) for dying anyway and lesser amounts for capture and bailouts. 

If you make ratings just based on total points it will also promote participation.

Right now you have 2 groups of pilots; those trying to carryout missions and win maps for their team - and - you have 'stat whores' working on their own harvesting targets and only engaging enemies when there very high odds they survive... the later group is unrealistic to what really happened WWII air warfare.

Regards,

MM

• Upvote 1

Hi folks!

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I have a minor request for the Combat Box Training server. Would it be possible to extend the idle time in-game before being kicked? I have been trying to work through a few aircraft with some new players (friends), and sometimes it can take longer than expected - especially when checking keybinds and explaining how certain systems relate to one another.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

RedKestrel
20 hours ago, Mad-Moses said:

You already get heavily penalized (-90%) for dying anyway and lesser amounts for capture and bailouts. 

If you make ratings just based on total points it will also promote participation.

Right now you have 2 groups of pilots; those trying to carryout missions and win maps for their team - and - you have 'stat whores' working on their own harvesting targets and only engaging enemies when there very high odds they survive... the later group is unrealistic to what really happened WWII air warfare.

Regards,

MM

I wouldn't have a problem with this. There are ways to "game" the stats to end up on top no matter what. Total points simplifies it.

At the end of the day, stats are fine, winning the map is better. I only use my stats to check sortie results and see which lucky contestant it was that shot me down.

NO.20_Krispy_Duck
On 1/26/2021 at 1:46 PM, Mad-Moses said:

Regards,

MM

I'm thinking kind of like that, myself. Perhaps raise the point values of certain ground targets that take bombs and rockets to destroy. Raise number of points offered for an "assist" so that people might feel more satisfied helping rather than shoulder shooting. Maybe raise the premium bonus given for the winning side in a map, to encourage carrying out the mission. I think if people are not ready for a change to total points, perhaps at least re-balancing some of the points awarded to favor carrying out the mission. And perhaps find a way to nullify points where the pilots bombs the target before the recon exposes it on the map. There are pilots out there who will try to fly unopposed whenever possible, and will bomb targets before put on the map just to harvest the points.

But I think CombatBoX still has the best scoring system of the servers I have played in. Just thinking aloud with ideas that might improve it a little.

Edited by NO.20_Krispy_Duck

6 hours ago, Leifr said:

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I have a minor request for the Combat Box Training server. Would it be possible to extend the idle time in-game before being kicked? I have been trying to work through a few aircraft with some new players (friends), and sometimes it can take longer than expected - especially when checking keybinds and explaining how certain systems relate to one another.

Good idea. I've doubled the idle timeout to 20 minutes. It might take a couple of map rotations for the server to pick up the new setting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ATT moderator Alonzo

Please clarify the following :

How can player CIA_Elanski   11 in ranking have another player using his username ? the  player is 31237  rank 62 who by the way is now changing username almost each mission .

VBF-12_KW
24 minutes ago, adler_1 said:

ATT moderator Alonzo

Please clarify the following :

How can player CIA_Elanski   11 in ranking have another player using his username ? the  player is 31237  rank 62 who by the way is now changing username almost each mission .

See the post further up the page from his squad mate.  TLDR: Trolls.

• Thanks 1

ATT moderator  ref  currently using  player 128151 the 262 menace mission

Ban the use of username numbers once and for all please . He is using this trick  in every mission in order to not get identified during a current mission , further if he does not take off it does not register in stats i noted . Why are you not taking action on that player using other players usernames or extremely similar ? take a look at how many names he has used and why he moved to player number strategy .

Edited by adler_1

RedKestrel
5 hours ago, adler_1 said:

ATT moderator  ref  currently using  player 128151 the 262 menace mission

Ban the use of username numbers once and for all please . He is using this trick  in every mission in order to not get identified during a current mission , further if he does not take off it does not register in stats i noted . Why are you not taking action on that player using other players usernames or extremely similar ? take a look at how many names he has used and why he moved to player number strategy .

I don't think there is anything the server can do about people changing usernames. When they banned username numbers before it only caught people who were using the default player usernames. You can easily change your username and there is no way to cover all the possible differences. 

Who cares if someone changes their name a bunch of times? You can't ID them in the air anyway. Everyone's just planes.

If they are killing you, you should try and stop them from doing that. If they are team-killing, report it to the admins through the proper channels, and they will get banned.

• Like 1

you can ID them if they take off from the tarmac only but if its the first time they use this name it wont appear in the stats history till the mission ends . So if you run a check on your laptop of the players present in the mission after you take off his username wont appear and therefore you cannot check whether he is player so and so and he knows that and that is why he is using this tactic . I hope Alonzo can address this issue  like i requested much earlier of limiting if technically possible to say 3 per month . This particular character is now going as far as using other players names which is unheard off till today . That's not in the games spirit . I used to get hounded by 2 players in the past but they never changed their usernames , not once . 

Edited by adler_1

RedKestrel
15 minutes ago, adler_1 said:

you can ID them if they take off from the tarmac only but if its the first time they use this name it wont appear in the stats history till the mission ends . So if you run a check on your laptop of the players present in the mission after you take off his username wont appear and therefore you cannot check whether he is player so and so and he knows that and that is why he is using this tactic . I hope Alonzo can address this issue  like i requested much earlier of limiting if technically possible to say 3 per month . This particular character is now going as far as using other players names which is unheard off till today . That's not in the games spirit . I used to get hounded by 2 players in the past but they never changed their usernames , not once . 

Name changes are done within the game itself, not on the server. I don't think there's anything you can do to change that short of requiring registration like TAW. 

Is this person breaking the rules? If they do, report the mission, name, etc to admins in the Discord. If they're not breaking rules, then what do you expect? 

@adler_1 That issue was solved. We talked to the person in question and he will not imitate other people's usernames anymore. If he wants to change his username otherwise, we don't see a reason why he should'nt be allowed to do that.

• Upvote 1

REF : RACHE Der BOOT issue

PSYRION

what he did today 31 january 2021 3 pm BKK time  the 262 menace mission was to join another teams name initial , in this case its the TWC_....  players and added a name to it , it was TWC_Plimp  , he then exited the mission about 45 mn later after his 2 kills and relogged in  again using one off his previous names , its right now Rache der boot . I did run a check when the mission started and i saw the TWC-name was displaying all the TWC-'s  9 of them but not his , so i suspected it was him again and surely enough it was . So now he is even using tricks of changing names within missions and using close pseudo's of other players once again and switching back to previously used ones within the mission .

I just checked his own stats when the mission ended and went to his sorties and in the 262 menace mission his 2 kills appear as Rache Der Boot !!?? there is no mention of TWC_Plimp . Now go to the 2 killed players stats in the same mission and take a look at the name of player that killed them . Now go to TWC players post mission and the TWC_Plimp is not recorded even though he shot down 2 planes ??!!!! This is the fog that he is using to get away with identification . later today TWC_Plimp was listed as one of his usernames in his stats . In conclusion , by switching back to a previously used name within the mission the game is erasing the new logged in name stats and attributing them to the previous name . 

Edited by adler_1

=TBAS=Sshadow14

Wow whats with people changing names and abusing system and being idiots just in general. 

they need to make it so tags are added when you join squad and cannot be simply typed in. 

adler, am I wrong, or you have yourself several names for some purpose?

Other names of the pilot on this account: aminx504, combat_pilot, adler_JG26, adler_68, dog1

Edited by Batzet
  • Upvote 1

PSA: Don't impersonate other people or add a squadron tag to your name without being associated with that squadron (and the usual, no vulgar, racist etc. names). Other than that, name changes are allowed. 

Edited by Psyrion

AFewVociferousMen
7 hours ago, adler_1 said:

REF : RACHE Der BOOT issue

PSYRION

what he did today 31 january 2021 3 pm BKK time  the 262 menace mission was to join another teams name initial , in this case its the TWC_....  players and added a name to it , it was TWC_Plimp  , he then exited the mission about 45 mn later after his 2 kills and relogged in  again using one off his previous names , its right now Rache der boot . I did run a check when the mission started and i saw the TWC-name was displaying all the TWC-'s  9 of them but not his , so i suspected it was him again and surely enough it was . So now he is even using tricks of changing names within missions and using close pseudo's of other players once again and switching back to previously used ones within the mission .

I just checked his own stats when the mission ended and went to his sorties and in the 262 menace mission his 2 kills appear as Rache Der Boot !!?? there is no mention of TWC_Plimp . Now go to the 2 killed players stats in the same mission and take a look at the name of player that killed them . Now go to TWC players post mission and the TWC_Plimp is not recorded even though he shot down 2 planes ??!!!! This is the fog that he is using to get away with identification . later today TWC_Plimp was listed as one of his usernames in his stats . In conclusion , by switching back to a previously used name within the mission the game is erasing the new logged in name stats and attributing them to the previous name .

Hail and well met, struggle pilot!

I am but a simple man, doing my best to defend the glorious Allied coalition navy from nefarious enemy pilots who destroy them when there is no one around to render assistance. I have seen the newspaper headlines and listened to the radio broadcasts tell the tale of a mysterious figure who strikes our ships in the dead of night when all are sleeping. I have heard of the medals heaped upon this shadowy figure who is never seen by living pilots bravely fighting during the day. Lo, for months on end, this vile super-pilot has destroyed hundreds of our ships! Something must be done! Being a forthright and virtuous soul, I of course made it known who I was to all who saw me, especially the enemy, by naming myself in their own tongue: "revenge of the boats"! As time went on and word eventually reached the enemy whom I hunt, it became apparent that this approach was no longer working. When I am in the sky, he dared not leave the ground! With a heavy heart, I was forced into the role of a covert agent - disguising myself so that innocent seamen are not cast into a cold, dark grave below the seas. After careful consideration with the powers that be, it appears that my job here is done. My bold, heroic reputation precedes me. I need not even fire my guns at the stealthy bomber who destroys our ships in the dead of night. My presence alone keeps the salty seamen safe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Bremspropeller
On 1/24/2021 at 6:59 PM, ROCKET_KNUT said:

Exactly! Relax, try out something new. Yesterday I´ve had a go at SEBR. Single engine bomb run that is... 🤣

22.thumb.jpg.bedff73187d78dc4ab5a454531233b68.jpg

Shouldn't that read "Sorry, eh!?" 🙃

• Haha 1

RedKestrel
Just now, Bremspropeller said:

Shouldn't that read "Sorry, eh!?" 🙃

The "eh" is stenciled on the bombs.

The guy operating the gun is a real hoser.

• Haha 2

gameplay questions

1) Crossing the rhine mission : I took of from Limburg and landed at Bonn Hangelar and i got the  ditched result Landed not on airfield . Why is that ?

2) Recon : I tried recon for the first time and flying at 1000mt over the objects i encountered heavy flak  and more the recon was aborted and i was told to repeat . Does recon recognize if i fly low say 300mt at high speed but not exactly over the object but 100mt away ?  

Edited by adler_1

I'm excited to announce we have a new experimental voice recognition feature on our "CB Radio" SRS bot!

• Speech recognition is active on channels 1 and 2 only, and the bot will pause to let other speak first. There might be a delay in some responses.
  • "Request radio check" or "Comms check" should get the bot to respond to you. If you already have a call-sign assigned, it will use that when replying.
  • "Tower, request call sign" will assign you a call sign for the duration of the mission. You can't request a specific one (yet). If you don't yet have a call sign, the bot won't give you useful mission suggestions later. You can always request a call sign again, and it will remind you if you already have one. Please try to use channel 2 for callsign setup -- the call signs are remembered across the two channels and it keeps channel 1 clear for more important comms.
  • "Command, this is Voodoo 5 in grid 1215" will let the bot know where you are. If there is action nearby, it will direct you to it. You can say "grid eleven ten" or "grid one one one zero" as you prefer.
  • "Control, this is Wizard Two in grid 2025, request mission" will make the bot try harder to find you a nearby mission.
  • "Command, this is Grizzly Four in grid 1017, request vector home" or "Control, this is Jackal-3 in grid 2311 I need a bearing to airfield" will ask the bot for a bearing to the nearest friendly field based on your location.
  • If you're Allied, you can use Longbow and Kenway to address the bot, if you prefer. If you're Axis, just Command and Control for now. On the airfield frequency you can also use Tower and Airfield.

The bot is mostly echoing information you will hear over the radio anyhow but if you give it your grid it will tell you a direction and distance to the nearest action. The bot doesn't understand the difference between fighters and bombers (yet) so as a mud-mover it's going to be less useful, as it will tell you to go defend a nearby target or something. I'm working on a feature for ground attackers to declare their intentions and have the bot vector friendly fighters for cover, but it's not done yet.

Super quick demo, video courtesy of Kablamoman.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 9