Jump to content
Uffz-Prien

Which planes are next?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

All, I have to say is...LoL.  Whatever you say, man....

 

You might, btw, look at the title of this topic, which is "which planes are next?" and try to get back on topic.

Edited by SeaSerpent
typo
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the two-seaters are next because that would solve the immersion issue right there. 

 

"*Training. I think it possible BoX and FC could raise retention and “morale”  if there was more formal air combat maneuvering education for the true noobs than just jumping in with the sharks and having at."

 

If only there were groups of people who banded together, flew as a team, and wanted nothing more than the success of each individual in order to make the whole succeed....

 

US103.....JG1....J5......J2.....J30(eww 😉)... 

 

It also takes someone willing to go look for that, but yes I get what you're saying.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rattlesnake said:

The Nieuport 17 has to come soon, too iconic to be left out for long.

 

Just as long as they fix the engine's underheating/overcooling problem at altitude; that's something the community just would not tolerate again. Oh wait ...... yes .... yes it would.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Cynic_Al said:

 

Just as long as they fix the engine's underheating/overcooling problem at altitude; 

How could you tell if the engine was "over-cooling"?

As far as I know the Nieuport 17 doesn't have a indicator for engine temperature.  

Edited by HiIIBiIIy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Doesn't really matter what you call it when Cptn. Darling is in the back seat.

 

:icon_mad::icon_mad::icon_mad:

 Maybe not, but I think multipurpose death platform / wholesale Albatros butcher sums it up quite nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Would love, love, love to see the N17 in FC1 - the rotary effects aren't so harsh, and I'm really curious to see what a N17 that isn't flopping like a fish can do... 

...would like to see the Alb. D.III come along with it - but rumour has it you need at least a D.Va to effectively fight N17s 😶

Edited by US103_Larner
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

 

Watch the video of this restored N28 at Old Warden... Look at the short take off run, you could never do that in the RoF version.

 

 

Because all the allied planes were nerf'd to high heavens.  The Central players complained continuously until it happened.  it Killed ROF - hope their happy.

See you on DCS -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TAFFY said:

 

Because all the allied planes were nerf'd to high heavens.  The Central players complained continuously until it happened.  it Killed ROF - hope their happy.

See you on DCS -


You should be quite happy with the FC Camel then. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TAFFY said:

 

Because all the allied planes were nerf'd to high heavens.  The Central players complained continuously until it happened.  it Killed ROF - hope their happy.

See you on DCS -

 

If they don't nerf the Super Camel you're going to have trouble finding Central players to shoot down.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, J5_Gamecock said:

wholesale Albatros butcher sums it up quite nicely.

Fortunate for us they are now in business making French fries, French toast and dunking tea bags and stealing jam.....the Flying Cafe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

Please post on topic or do not post. You can not derail the topics as you wish, if you want to speak about something else open a new topic.

 

That talk about what kind of players you want on servers, here or all that nonesense.. is simply null since all players are welcome and noone here has the right to say otherwise. All kind of player are welcome and thats clear looking at the range of difficult options available.

 

Sending several PMs now

 

Haash

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, US103_Larner said:

Would love, love, love to see the N17 in FC1 - the rotary effects aren't so harsh, and I'm really curious to see what a N17 that isn't flopping like a fish can do... 

...would like to see the Alb. D.III come along with it - but rumour has it you need at least a D.Va to effectively fight N17s 😶

I believe the main thing giving people trouble with the N17 in RoF was not so much engine torque but the glacial  roll rate combined with  adverse yaw, which you had to know how to overcome. Took us awhile to hit upon the practice of reducing aoa before initiating a roll. Oddly in RoF the 17’s immediate  ancestor the N11 has an excellent  roll rate. A plane that combined the good roll rate of the N11 with the fairly good power of the N17 might not be a world-beater, but it would attract more than a cult following.

N17 Adverse Yaw Demonstrated

 

 

Edited by Rattlesnake
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2019 at 9:12 PM, HiIIBiIIy said:

How could you tell if the engine was "over-cooling"?

As far as I know the Nieuport 17 doesn't have a indicator for engine temperature.  

 

Onscreen instruments have a temp gauge for all planes:

n17_temp_gauge.jpg.9da1a4486f716dad618c2e9fe92baf62.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do any of you remember a two-seater jockey called SpectrumLegacy? When I first started flying MP he would rack up insane kill streaks in the Bristol by getting up high and circling. I do remember his aim being better than the princess in Disney’s Brave but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that it was legit.

 

He topped almost every match I played with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Waggaz said:

Do any of you remember a two-seater jockey called SpectrumLegacy? When I first started flying MP he would rack up insane kill streaks in the Bristol by getting up high and circling. I do remember his aim being better than the princess in Disney’s Brave but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that it was legit.

 

That is irrelevant to this topic, this forum and its parents. Suggest you try aiming elsewhere.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Cynic_Al said:

 

Onscreen instruments have a temp gauge for all planes:

n17_temp_gauge.jpg.9da1a4486f716dad618c2e9fe92baf62.jpg

Could you explain how to attach a temperature probe to a rotary engine of the day?;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, HiIIBiIIy said:

Could you explain how to attach a temperature probe to a rotary engine of the day?;)

 I think the keyword is "Onscreen" instruments... wouldn't have them on the engines of the day either. 😀

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC that on-screen temp gauge doesn't do anything with the rotaries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want a Fokker D8 as a collectible! With the new game engine, it should be just short of the D7F. I learned to love flying this bird. Not easy, but a challenge.

 

e01IEDe.jpg

 

Fokker E.V no. 137/18 from the Marine Feld Jagdstaffel II (a land-based naval flight), Jabbeke airfield in Northern Flanders (Belgium), 1918. Vizeflugmeister Karl Sharon (8 aerial victories during World War I) was the pilot of the machine. The photo was taken after the end of the war. Note that the fuselage crosses had been cut out by French or British soldiers. The aeroplane featured personal markings of the pilot in form of a yellow ‘S’ on the sides and top of the fuselage. The fin and rudder were white with black bands in the forward area. [Robert Pe]

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, HiIIBiIIy said:

Could you explain how to attach a temperature probe to a rotary engine of the day?;)

 

I would suggest an air temperature probe mounted to the firewall.

 

 

 

5 hours ago, LukeFF said:

IIRC that on-screen temp gauge doesn't do anything with the rotaries.

 

If it did nothing it would not be displayed, indicating that YDNRC.

Edited by Cynic_Al
Mitigating the effects of the ill-judged reply merging algorithm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SeaW0lf said:

I want a Fokker D8 as a collectible! With the new game engine, it should be just short of the D7F. I learned to love flying this bird. Not easy, but a challenge.

 

D.VIII and D.XII collectibles would sell like hotcakes.

 

On the Entente side of things, I want a Hanriot for myself, but I'm not sure how popular it would turn out to be. The Nieuport 28 is a whole 'nother can o' worms conundrum.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, J5_Hellbender said:

The Nieuport 28 is a whole 'nother can o' worms conundrum.

 

Yup, that one in particular would need a fix. But if they sell as a collectible, less of a problem. To leave it out of the game would be odd, sice it was used first by the US and it was already late war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Entente don't have a proper bomber/recon, so the Breguet would be an excellent addition. The DH4 is great, but French planes are under-represented. I'd add the DFW and both the HP400 and Gotha as well. Everything should revolve around 2 seater and bombing activities

 

Edited by US103_Baer
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A historical choice of planes would revolve around the British/German squads that were stationed in that area of the Arras map during 1917/1918. I can't see myself playing a single player mission having to do an air start and landing at a different airfield because my plane was from a squadron not in that area of the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping we get a scoring/logging system for recon so servers don't have to make everything centered around bombing as.  Would also be nice to have somewhat realistic artillery spotting in MP that doesn't rely solely on flying over a designated area for a specified amount of time.  

1 hour ago, US103_Baer said:

I'd add the DFW and both the HP400 and Gotha as well.

I hope the HP400 and Gotha are some of the last RoF aircraft that make it into FC as both aren't nearly as important to the daylight air-war as the other aircraft in RoF and would take longer than other aircraft to develop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:24 PM, J5_Hellbender said:

I want a Hanriot for myself, but I'm not sure how popular it would turn out to be

Yes indeed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, US103_Baer said:

Entente don't have a proper bomber/recon, so the Breguet would be an excellent addition. The DH4 is great, but French planes are under-represented. I'd add the DFW and both the HP400 and Gotha as well. Everything should revolve around 2 seater and bombing activities

 


I would rather say everything should revolve around recon (taking pics) and artillery spotting with ground-attacking trenches from mid/late 1918.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. I've posted on this before, just lazy to say it in detail all again. 

 

Wouldn't ignore Bombing though, it had its supporters even if results were subsequently shown to be poor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, US103_Baer said:

Yeah. I've posted on this before, just lazy to say it in detail all again. 

 

Wouldn't ignore Bombing though, it had its supporters even if results were subsequently shown to be poor.


The problem (a growing one) is the general ethos of "I don't have sufficient gaming time to fly long missions" which has lead to a predominance of servers giving take-off to target routes lasting no longer than a few minutes. That obviously leads to little more than air-quake outcomes unfortunately.

The WW1 Arras map might mitigate against that, as it'll have a hard front line with realistic airfield positioning, but I don't think it'll accommodate heavy bomber missions. I recall trying the Gotha a few times in RoF and it took forever to get it up to a sensible altitude (if and when I could get it off the ground at all), only to most often have it shot down before getting anywhere near a target.
 

2-seaters will rule in that case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uffz-Prien said:


The problem (a growing one) is the general ethos of "I don't have sufficient gaming time to fly long missions" which has lead to a predominance of servers giving take-off to target routes lasting no longer than a few minutes. That obviously leads to little more than air-quake outcomes unfortunately.

The WW1 Arras map might mitigate against that, as it'll have a hard front line with realistic airfield positioning, but I don't think it'll accommodate heavy bomber missions. I recall trying the Gotha a few times in RoF and it took forever to get it up to a sensible altitude (if and when I could get it off the ground at all), only to most often have it shot down before getting anywhere near a target.
 

2-seaters will rule in that case.

 

I think there's a contradiction in there somewhere !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are also many people out there that will fly longer missions and will find the time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

At the speeds WW1 kites fly, any mission longer than 25 miles is by definition a long mission...  :biggrin:

 

Ok, being serious, getting the two seaters, even if it is just one type per side, and having proper ground elements for them to react with will make a big change to what we have now.  Even just putting an AA machine gun from the current WW2 guns available doesn't work as the rate of fire from them is much higher than a Vickers, or Maxim from the WW1 period, and the tiny bombs on the single seat scouts are just that, tiny.  They can't do much against the WW2 ground vehicles we currently have to play with.

Edited by BlitzPig_EL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Albatros DVa and SE5a are coming soon (Facebook announcement). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's in today's Dev Update.  With pics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...