Sign in to follow this  
Cerdon

Thumbad for head tracking not working

Posted (edited)

I tried setting up the thumbpad for head tracking left, right, up, down, as I do for most sims, this is on a T16000M Throttle if that makes a difference, anyway, the head tracking does not respond with ANY axis as I'm aware, and curious if this is fixable or something wrong with the game.

Edit-The head movement works with buttons but not axis btw

Thumpad is pad farthest left on image below.

Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS Review

Edited by 18Ry_cav

4 hours ago, 18Ry_cav said:

I tried setting up the thumbpad for head tracking left, right, up, down, as I do for most sims, this is on a T1600M Throttle if that makes a difference, anyway, the head tracking does not respond with ANY axis as I'm aware, and curious if this is fixable or something wrong with the game.

If you can't get it working otherwise, you could use OpenTrack to bind the needed axes from the throttle.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, 18Ry_cav said:

I tried setting up the thumbpad for head tracking left, right, up, down, as I do for most sims, this is on a T1600M Throttle ..

You can't use analog axis (of thumbpad) for control camera in CloD - is possible in IL-2:GB although not much practical due the "spring back" effect.

The game view options don't have incremental PAN option, only PAN with return to center (il-2:46 legacy).

An "workaround" :rolleyes: is use JoyToKey for set "thumbpad" (micro-stick of TWCS) axes for emulate mouse movements, then you achieve this kind of control:

In the video snap VIEWS is set in JoytoKey, game don't have this option for detailed look in some  instruments.

How set is in ATAG forum topic, linked in the YT video description.

Just replace - in JoyToKey GUI buttons with "thumbpad" axis.

BTW - If don't want use JoyTokey can use T.A.R.G.E.T. and set in similar way, perhaps need change "thumbpad" axes from absolute for relative - camera stop where you stop "thumbpad" movement. Anyway JoyToKey is light, practical, "bullet proof" and don't cause "collateral effects". ;) 

Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 2

Oh sorry guys thought entire forum was IL-2 GB when I posted, thanks for suggestions though, if anyone could tell me what the proper topic is it would be great.

If is for IL-2:GB you don't need 3rd part software, just assign "thumbpad" axis in "Pilot head" and adjust camera speed.

The thing is the spring in "thumbpad", if you move POV for a certain position and release, camera return to center due springs in "thumbpad" gimbal.

Try hold the position of "thumbpad" make axis - and camera,  tremble  a bit:

Then you may need use TARGET for set "thumbpad" axes as relative.

I'd just use joytokey. Great program. Targets very capable but it's hard to use, and is quite finicky. Literally just figured it out. Target that is.