BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 55

Hello Friends,

It’s been a great week - just like all the others. But it is very easy to see how fruitful it was - because you’re getting Ju 87 for Early Access sessions! We must leave some features of the IL-2 for future investigations and testing - don’t you worry though, the Sturmovik beast now has a contester on the German side. So now with the new launcher, you just wait for the evening and click Play – and then try out this mighty weapon of Blitzkrieg.

Of course you’ll notice that Stuka has its own specific temper - as does every aircraft in IL2BOS. And we’ve prepared missions for your new Ju 87 that will reveal its powers and maybe even some week points; discover them all and you won’t regret it.

Until then you may switch your attention to another plane - the Pe-2 bomber. It’s not quite ready yet, but we’ve got some very special pictures of it today for you. This is the gunner that is going to be placed into it. This fellow is very accurately animated and we hope you’ll love him both for smooth animation and sharp shooting.

il2bos_shot_01.jpg il2bos_shot_02.jpg il2bos_shot_04.jpg il2bos_shot_05.jpg il2bos_shot_06.jpg

By the way we decided to update the screenshots section on our website. And it would be great if you helped us with it. Please, run the game on max graphical quality setting, find an impressive shot and send us the picture without any editing. We’ll pick the best screenies, will put them on the site, and probably make some of you famous - because your nicknames will be there. :) Please, post the screens in this topic (click here), and we’ll announce the result by the end of next week.

That’s it for today. Stay focused for the game session start, and then get your mighty Stuka into the skies!

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

• Upvote 4

Yeah baby! It's Stuka-smiting time! :joy:

Great WIP shots of the Pe-2 gunner! Man that cockpit looks cramped - as it should be. Can any of you shed some light on, how tall the pilot/gunner models are? Looks like there's no head room at all, and I wonder if the gunner's modelled as a mere 5'2'' or a big 6' fellah.

• Upvote 1

So what we have here... Hm, Stuka... STUKA??? :o:  Wohoo cant wait to evening  :salute:

Edited by II./JG1_Baron

Tonight the Jericho Trumpets will howl! :P

Edited by Pigmachine
  • Upvote 3

I was really looking forward to the Ju 87, but probably won't have the time to play this weekend. :( Still, great news, I hope to see some screenshots of the bird in action. Thanks for the update.

p.s. Please team, the name is Ju 87. Not Ju-87. Really not. I know some of you know, but we consistently get material with the wrong designation. So please spread the word. "Historical accuracy" and "Ju-87" just don't add up.

That indeed is great news!

Thank you team for your effort.

Stuka? P_03BA_1.GIF Here, little T-34. C'mehere .. Kitty kitty kitty ... :crazy:

Edited by csThor
  • Upvote 5

Nice, what's the status on MP though?

Have there been problems with getting it working?

There won't be any news about it till the next blog update.

It is working, and testers can confirm that here and now. We don't have all the necessary GUI yet.

• Upvote 3

So is the Stuka variations complete i.e. Kanonenvogel G2 of Rudel fame?  :biggrin:

No thanks, dont need any new planes and stuff until the MP is ready.

Guys, get that thing running asap, really no interest to start IL2 since several weeks now! actually it is several months now!

Keep pushing!

Edited by EdwardTheGreat
  • Upvote 1

Guys, get that thing running asap, really no interest to start IL2 since several weeks now! actually it is several months now!

Keep pushing!

I want real competitors ASAP too, but just give them some time to make a good game :)

Nice, what's the status on MP though?

Have there been problems with getting it working?

Yes same question? Ah I see it's been answered. Thanks.

Edited by 9./JG52Ziegler

Keep pushing!

Well, if you have no interest in most of the stuff the devs are making, why should they divert from their development schedule to placate you?

Honest question.

• Upvote 5

I want real competitors ASAP too, but just give them some time to make a good game :)

What I want is not the competition, but the COOP.

And if I am dissapointed I am dissapointed.

Why comment on that, and say I have to give them time.... The only use of that is another BS personal level trash thread.

Why cant you just leave my opinion like it is?

The Stuka is great fun to bomb with, tearing down from 15,000 ft vertically and dropping the payload with pinpoint accuracy is quite the experience! You guys will enjoy it. I think it's probably better the Stuka came out before MP, so at least this way when MP comes it will have one fighter and one dedicated ground attack aircraft per side (I'll confirm that MP works too).

• Upvote 2

Thx for update. Im not bomber pilot but Stuka looks promising expecially in video posted by Isida :)  I hope it would be burned nicely :P

Zack any info about flight model polishing? Rudder response, slats in 109 etc. before multiplayer relase?

Edited by Kwiatek

So is the Stuka variations complete i.e. Kanonenvogel G2 of Rudel fame?  :biggrin:

Like that? ;)

post-2185-0-30415700-1393593674_thumb.pngpost-2185-0-69315000-1393593676_thumb.png

• Upvote 5

Great update, the Ju 87 looks great. Wow didn't realize how cramped the Pe-2 gunner position is, it looks like the gunner sits in a sideways chair when he's not standing in the firing position? Had no idea.

Now seeing we will have the La-5, the FW-190 and Ju-87 with 37mm gunpods, I really hope that we'll see a Kuban or Kursk extension later on :)